Quantcast

Maribor WC 2021

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Green for the money. Fun race to watch. That yappy dog at the bombed out left hander was kind of annoying though.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Worse than standing in mud while being simultaneously rained on and eaten alive by a billion flying insects and being forced to listen to music pumped from a pigs bladder ?
Depends on the angle of the hill tbh. Maribor is leaves + dust this year so not really much different. Also German Slovenian techno + 3 chainsaws + 1 alarm siren was probably much worse than pigs bladder.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Amazing to watch him in the rock garden exit where he doesn't need a sissy berm to slap and point him the right direction.
Yeah, that's awesome. I need to bust out my Freecaster DVD's. Re-live the glory days!

Gotta say my IH Sunday was probably the fastest bike I've ever had. But from a maintenance standpoint, was the worst bike I've ever had. Something tells me that my fitness and skills at that time may have had something to do with that equation :D

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
With all of the discussion about how fast everyone is going now, watching old Sam Hill videos makes me wonder if that's really the case. Certainly the field is deeper. Maybe the bikes of the era make things look faster, but I wonder what 2008 Sam Hill's time would have been at Maribor this past weekend.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
the berlin club uniform :cupidarrow:

still relevant:

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
With all of the discussion about how fast everyone is going now, watching old Sam Hill videos makes me wonder if that's really the case. Certainly the field is deeper. Maybe the bikes of the era make things look faster, but I wonder what 2008 Sam Hill's time would have been at Maribor this past weekend.
Sam definitely looked to be on another level in a lot of his old vids. That said, I'm not really a data guy but don't we have numbers from some of tracks that are basically unchanged (such as Ft. Bill) showing that the racers are indeed faster these days?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I don't think there is really any question if would be fast or not, IF he worked on it like how he did the EWS the last few seasons. Beating someone very strong, fast and young like Richie can't be easy.

He'd obviously not be crushing it out front like previous years, but could hang. If Minnaar can, so could Hill.

Though maybe the baggy shirts and shorts that Hill use would hold him back with all that drag. People are wearing skinsuits these days in comparison. Bring back shorts! :rofl:

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Is Claudio sick or something? The guy is seriously skinny, like in really bad shape...

Also, I agree, Elliot is fun as hell to listen to. The Claudio/Rob combo brings too many "carry good speed" comments per minute.
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. He looks unwell.