Quantcast

Maribor WC 2021

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
really sad they are not giving out the vacines for the young people /s
in the US there are vaccines that have received EUA for ages 12 and up. not all of them mind you, but they are available. for these ages.

*note - i follow this particular topic closely as my kids are 4 and 6.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Every thread is a covid thread if you try hard enough. I don't understand why as an athlete you would not get vaccinated. You live your life on the ragged edge to maintain a high level of fitness for your job, why fuck it up with highly contagious virus that can give you a permanent orange afro and scar your innards like bong hits from burning asbestos

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
1) Bummer for Dak. I'm no Dr. Foucci, but peeps can still test positive for covid after getting the vaccine. Conspiracies abound. One of them being there are some placebo vaccines out there and is known. But you have to recite the Stonecutters song from The Simpsons to be in the know. (that last bit I made up, cuz its teh monkey)

2) This World Champs w/ Gwin reminds me of the Canberry (sp?) World Champs where Peat won. Remember Brian Lopes pretty much forcing his way on the team only to have a very disappointing finish? If that's the case, let the young guys give it a go and have a very disappointing finish. At least they can learn from the experience.

3) I am looking forward to drinking '"Breakfast Beers" (grapefruit sculpin FTW) while watching DH racing.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Remember Brian Lopes pretty much forcing his way on the team only to have a very disappointing finish?
Remember when Aaron Gwin's Main Sponsor worked a promo, covering an entire residential street in topsoil? And Gwinny the Pooh rode a Mountain Bike down it?? Came off with an Audi sedan in the end IIRC.

Gwin will get a flat or some horseshit. But have his name broadcast across the airwaves and get some good edits/

Nice Pajamas though.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Your actual highest ranked American is out for Maribor with teh covid
Can he petition the virus to leave his system? Can USAC step in?

I'll be tuning in to the Vital thread to read about how the pandemic is a conspiracy.

Seriously, crap news for Norton. Hope he's fine, and healthy, for Worlds.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Can he petition the virus to leave his system? Can USAC step in?

I'll be tuning in to the Vital thread to read about how the pandemic is a conspiracy.

Seriously, crap news for Norton. Hope he's fine, and healthy, for Worlds.
My favorite part of that vital thread is some saying how Greg and sven blame him for ending the WC party scene. I wonder how gwin feels about being called a party pooper by the GOAT :rofl:

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Holy crap, the bad luck just won't stop for Holl...(from the Maribor IXS Cup race)

"On the women's side, Vali Höll qualified fastest by more than 15 seconds over Mille Johnset, with the rest of the top five qualifying women within three seconds of Mille Johnset. In finals, a poorly-timed flat tire meant that Vali missed her start and it was Mille who opened a gap over the rest of the field.."

Is she cursed? Did she sell her soul to the Gwin?

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
in the US there are vaccines that have received EUA for ages 12 and up. not all of them mind you, but they are available. for these ages.

*note - i follow this particular topic closely as my kids are 4 and 6.
that was sarcasm. a elite racer who wants to race overseas should be vaccinated. if not, he‘s most likely american*

*in this case, that’s the diagnosis

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Holy crap, the bad luck just won't stop for Holl...(from the Maribor IXS Cup race)

"On the women's side, Vali Höll qualified fastest by more than 15 seconds over Mille Johnset, with the rest of the top five qualifying women within three seconds of Mille Johnset. In finals, a poorly-timed flat tire meant that Vali missed her start and it was Mille who opened a gap over the rest of the field.."

Is she cursed? Did she sell her soul to the Gwin?
A flat can be bad luck, but crashing at the end of race runs tends to be more of a fitness/maturity issue.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Who among us has not hurt our back at Mountain Creek. Let ye who cast the first east coast rock be without sin

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Maybe he shouldn't race at Mountain Creek anymore. Last time blew up the ankle in qualifying, this time didn't even make it to qualifying.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Yes, that was the third broken shoulder…

I’d like to ride Creek again sometime. I imagine 29 would be better for maintaining speed through those -3% grade rock gardens.

Was it shoulder you effed up with that pedal strike?

That might be the last time I ever rode there, I think it was day 1 on a triple pass that year.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I forget who it was (maybe Kilmurray) but a recent podcast I was listening to one of the guests was saying they reckon DH is now a combination of speed and tech that it has never been before and the crashes are getting waaaay more dangerous.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I forget who it was (maybe Kilmurray) but a recent podcast I was listening to one of the guests was saying they reckon DH is now a combination of speed and tech that it has never been before and the crashes are getting waaaay more dangerous.
They need to make the tracks smoother. Like that part of Leogang. That will solve things.

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Bernard Kerr's track walk and the course looks great in places and not so much in others. Crappy drop near the end and an awkward turn on a tarmac finish..

1628820645557.png

Last edited: