Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
<-- 85&#37; out for this weekend. Wrecked and currently on the IL.

So when are the Wilson and Sinister going to make their debut? I figure both should be done and greased up by now.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
the R9 is more or less finished.. if I could get a minute off work to run to the shop to pick up some damn cable housing, it would be ready to ride already.

i actually ghetto rigged a drivetrain last night just so i could pedal it around.. it feels freakin awesome.. can't wait to get it on some rocks.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
Cool, start shuffling and calll me! :thumb:
$&*^# !!! looks like my shuffling turned into a game of 52 pick-up, i'm out for sunday :plthumbsdown:. if you can sneak some spy shots post em up, it would be nice to see some actual "riding" ride shots. have fun guys! If anybody is looking for a ride tomorrow, me and a few others are going to hit up sully to jedi about 8

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I would have figured you guys would want to dial in your new rides at a diff spot with less climbing where jumps and berms exists. (hint hint)

Although, Mt Wilson does sound epic.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Woodward was a blast. I am going back as soon as possible! (which looks like September after they finish the camps)
Video to come, got some pretty good stuff.

Only bummer was I went alone. Well, almost...

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Nice pic, however I probably would have opted for 1 queen bed and slept with the rig.

It should cool down by this weekend so that later start should be ok. If not, I'll probably melt.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Nice pic, however I probably would have opted for 1 queen bed and slept with the rig.
That was actually the smallest room they had available. It was a bummer I went alone but the rate was $90/night for a huge room with 2 big beds, would be a great deal if more people come next time.
Supposedly they were also renting the Woodward summer camp cabins too, small room with bunk beds, but the rate was only $10 less so I figured I'd do the Lodge room.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm out for the hush hush trip via pm :(

saturday morning, what is the plan kidz? i've got afternoon planz, so an 11am start at wilson suxorz. i may not pull a wilson at all.

anyone down for a scenic sully?

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
i'm out for the hush hush trip via pm :(

saturday morning, what is the plan kidz? i've got afternoon planz, so an 11am start at wilson suxorz. i may not pull a wilson at all.

anyone down for a scenic sully?
We're talking about Sully on Sunday if you're interested. It'll be my first ride in 6 weeks since being sick so don't expect a race to the top ;)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Some of us are looking into several different options. (for sat)

- Claremont
- Poway
- ATT
- BB
- Laguna
- BC
-SB

I guess it all depends on who's down to roll and what the time constraints are.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
sad thing is, I know what most of those acronyms stand for.

You riding this weekend Bully?
We are an abbreviated society!:cheers:
Possibly, I think Bobby and I are hitting w. texas up with Drew to do a photoshoot for him.
Rode the Intense trail on sat, man thats a sand wash straight down, different than the beginning of the season. Lots of fun though and really exciting!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
just gonna come out and poach our hard work and sneak off without telling anyone?
LMAO! DC says its overgrown :D and needs a haircut. D is the man behind the lense and he wants the $ shot for Bobby. Looks like we are going out either tomorrow or Friday. Things came apart today on my end here at work.
Id invite but during a shoot its kinda nice to keep it a little mellow. A few peeps and we will be shooting in different areas so diclosing the day isnt so bad.
But yes you are invited, Ill PM with time/local and #. Besides I have seen your pics and I need to learn DJ! You da man! :thumb:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
just FYI guys
if you are planning to pick up a season pass to mammoth for the special pre-sale price, do it by 8pm this Friday. Pays for itself in 5 lift days

over and out

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Rear brake is mounted (but I ran out of shims so it drags a bit) and rear tire mounted tubeless. Michelin DH24 on a Mavic 823 with no Stan's and using an electric tire pump, hopefully it holds! Used water and dishwashing soap to get it mounted but it wouldn't inflate until it dried. I'm still debating if I should the run the DH32 up front or get another DH24 and cut the intermediate knobs off.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Who is riding where Saturday?

If I can't get a shuttle going I might park on dirt mulholland ride down Hectic, push up Caballero, down Jedi, push Sully Ridge and back to the car. All this in the name of getting the Wilson broken in.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
can't ride Saturday, as I'm most likely going to be at work.
Ben, Brent and I are looking for some Sunday action though.

Would love to do a Wilson run, or a buncha Webb runs.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Saturday plans still coming together. I'll PM ya once something develops Scott.

Sunday, lets get together at the Church of Webb.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
Who is riding where Saturday?

If I can't get a shuttle going I might park on dirt mulholland ride down Hectic, push up Caballero, down Jedi, push Sully Ridge and back to the car. All this in the name of getting the Wilson broken in.
I'm down to ride this Saturday AM. I've been out of the loop. Scott, I can meet you at the top of dirt mulholland somewhere. I can't do the whole ride, I have to be back early. Let me know

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'm down to ride this Saturday AM. I've been out of the loop. Scott, I can meet you at the top of dirt mulholland somewhere. I can't do the whole ride, I have to be back early. Let me know
marlo. how do u feel about doing a quick sully ride? i've gotta be done by noon (earlier if possible). i can prolly start around 830, but i'm flexy with the start time.