Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
it's actually true..
in fact.. he didn't build the jumps at Kenter.. the dirt just piled and shaped itself into perfect doubles, in fear of Curt's roundhouse kick

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
well. it looks like EC is going to come through for all of us afterall
vail lake

i wanna buy that guy a beer next time i see him.. or at least shake his hand

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Adam.. i talked to Eric from Deity today
Vendettas are back in stock, with a design improvement.
They redesigned the non-drive crank arm to have a sprocket boss on it, so you can run your drivetrain righty or lefty. Now, that doesn't mean much to regular folks, other than the fact that the sprocket boss makes for a much larger welding surface, therefore creating a much stronger and stiffer crank arm overall.

I grabbed another set to put on the R9. Eric is the coolest motherfuker on the phone, just ready to bullsh!t about bike crap all day long.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Got 4 tickets to the Formula Drift Championships at the Long Beach Grand Prix Street Course.

http://www.formulad.com/pro-championship/

Worth about $23.00 bucks each. Here's the catch; Its tomorrow @ 10am - 5pm.

If you want em, they are yours for free. Just need to figure out a way to hand em off to you guys. Dont want these bad boys going to waste.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Got 4 tickets to the Formula Drift Championships at the Long Beach Grand Prix Street Course.

http://www.formulad.com/pro-championship/

Worth about $23.00 bucks each. Here's the catch; Its tomorrow @ 10am - 5pm.

If you want em, they are yours for free. Just need to figure out a way to hand em off to you guys. Dont want these bad boys going to waste.

any chance of their being any hot asian girls at a drift comp?

Anybody want to ride santa barbara next weekend?

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
:picsstfu:

So Nags and Blend. Can we get some updated pics?
Bike is at Cynergy. The granny tabs on the single ring cranks stuck out a bit and caught on the bolts of the guide. Hopefully they can machine the cranks down to get it to fit. If not I'll have to buy another guide.

Since I'll be gone at Sea Otter this weekend expect pics sometime next week.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
May 17th Snow Summit opens their lift to bikes. Unfortunately they won't allow DH bikes but just about everything else is. There are a couple fun DH runs that would be perfect for a hardtail or trail bike. Anyone interested?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
blender, lookin' good.

who's puttin' their rubber in the dirt this weekend? sata~dizzle?
Saturday planning is in the works as I type. There's a group looking into a new local DH spot which sounds promising. I'll PM ya with some info once its cascaded down to me.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
May 17th Snow Summit opens their lift to bikes. Unfortunately they won't allow DH bikes but just about everything else is. There are a couple fun DH runs that would be perfect for a hardtail or trail bike. Anyone interested?
Think a VPX with a Totem will pass?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Hey Im not going to Otter this week so Im going to ride a new spot with a bro by the name of Bobby Root. Hung with him today and we rode a little, were going to ride in Idyl wild this sat. :thumb:
He was in chain reaction 1 and 2 and hold the world record for like a 80 mph wheelie and longest stoppie. Dude rips!!!

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I emailed them this morning, I asked the same question last season and never got an official response. Got this one about 20 minutes later!

Me:
I'm hoping to come visit Snow Summit to mountain bike a few times this
year and have a few questions about the bike requirements.
#2 - what do you mean by 'designated' tire size? My front tire is a
Kenda Nevegal 2.5, does that mean it meets the requirements? Its a
knobbier tire than most but is still a 2.5, just want to make sure
that's okay.
#4 - I actually only have 2 chainrings and a bashguard (24/36/bash) on
my bike. I don't usually ever get enough speed to warrant a third
(big) ring and would rather have the bashguard to protect my other 2
rings and my shins in case of an accident, is that okay?

Them:
You're on! I just spoke with Shanon who runs the Sky Chair in the summer and
he said you're all good. See you soon:)
My Saber is about 34# right now. The AM1 is 6" (not sure if it can be 6 or less or only 6, site is unclear) but I can drop it down with ETA when its time to load up. So it sounds like I'll actually have a BB legal bike, first time in a while :thumb:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
No new bike, just a buddies who neglects his.:thumb: I cant wait for Summit to open either. It'll be super easy to make Summit a regular weekend trip being that its so close.

Lint, it all depends on what you define as local.:brows:

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Yo, let me know where you're shuttling this weekend, PLEASE! PM me if Ok.

Abstrakt, do you still have my number? I'll call you today.

I can't wait for Summit to open!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin: