Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
idyllwild rocks!
Fast, semi techy, a ton of corners loose with rocks and jagged logs etc.....
A definate good time wit ha lot more to ride than what we hit.
Jonkranked came along as well and aside of a wash out on 1 STUPID VERY STUPID corner it was great.
Bike turned out to be FAST once I started to get used to it and re learn my cornering from prior bike.
Anywase its a 3+ mile shuttle trail minimal pedaling with lots of good stuff and apparently to our left and up a little is a place called devils gut. Drops, rocks tech etc...
Ill pop a pic of us at the top, too much riding and no action pics.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
another small teaser..

cranks and chain guide tonight, if i get time.. rest of the parts later in the week hopefully

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Looking good P, but you need to get a TI spring for the bling factor.:brows: I have my money on Scott for getting his together first. I woudnt doubt if the Wilson gets its final touches tonight.

and here are some action pics from our Sunday OC ride.

boosting on Ash Hill.

CA gap

The guys name is Compton and he's only been riding for a month. Did some red bull rampage type of roller on Saturday which had most of us thinking he was nuts. No pics of me since I wrecked early and ended up shuttling most of the day, and no pics of Edgy cuz he's just too damn fast.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
nags, i'm betting on you to win it.

that was a big pack of a$$e$ with our group saturday on the fireroad to hell. the tech lines down were good though.

bully, we are commin' your way soon for idle.

i'm out this weekend.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Trav needs to play host to this mcnasty and excite trail, extend trail or was it intense trail that he keeps speaking of soon. ;)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Looking good P, but you need to get a TI spring for the bling factor.:brows: I have my money on Scott for getting his together first. I woudnt doubt if the Wilson gets its final touches tonight.
i picked up 2 different steel springs with 50lbs of difference to get the suspension dialed properly.. theeen i might think about the Ti bling, which seems totally frivolous at the moment. Maybe a x-mas present or somethin. :brows:

And yes.. my money is on Scott as well.. considering the amount of OT i'm working right now :disgust:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Taylor.. good work man!
looks very pro.

what are you shooting with?
we have an HVX at work that my buddy wants to bring out to the DJ's to get some highspeed HD footy.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
another small teaser.. well, it's practically done i guess.. just need to wire up the drivetrain and swap some pivot bearings.

cranks and guide went on without much trouble at all. chainline seems perfect.

Hope/Formula bling

oldschool EX729's, i really liked the clean look of these rims.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
well.. i rode Gordon's R9 in SLO, which had Formulas on it. The rear brake needed a bleed, but they still felt pretty choice.

My Juicy 7's have always had enough power for me, but were noisy as hell and rotors would bend easily.
Formulas have more power than J7's, are light, quiet, have thicker rotors and a very good lever feel.

I got a good deal on these, and really wanted to try something other than Avid brakes.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
yeah, gordon came over for a beer on tuesday and he had his rig. the formulas felt nice. he said they were in awful shape and needed a bleed and a pad cleaning. regardless, the levers felt great!

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
yeah, gordon came over for a beer on tuesday and he had his rig. the formulas felt nice. he said they were in awful shape and needed a bleed and a pad cleaning. regardless, the levers felt great!
Better than your Louise's?

Louise's have felt the best to be so far and don't use toxic brake fluid which is really nasty stuff.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Next most expensive thing would be a fork.
That's where I come in :)
I've got an '07 Pike 426 coil with a firm spring installed, silver lowers, the one off my Saber. Great condition, willing to sell pretty cheap for a local buyer...hint...hint...

EDIT - it would also come with the stock (medium) spring. Starnut is installed, need to check steerer length, PM me if you're interested.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
Riding the trails this weekend and doing a shoot with Bobby so if anyones down we will be hitting up the spots here.
All trails are shuttle and SJT is on the list as well as intense and little nasty. Possibly another spot if I can get directions.
let me know where you are going to be saturday morning.... still sorry i missed out on last weekends antics :nopity:

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Looks like I'm the only one going to Woodward this weekend. I can't really ride cause I'm still sick but I'll be filming the races. I've also never ridden park and the Hanger will be open :biggrin:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
let me know where you are going to be saturday morning.... still sorry i missed out on last weekends antics :nopity:
Were doing a Sunday session from AM to PM, Drews breaking out several thousand $ in camera equiptment (He photogs for the magazines) that I get to help lug!:shocked:
And Jonkranked is working on a camers set up so we can get in berm and out and stitch them together. as well as handlebar mounts and rear facing while riding and Drew is brining the helmet cam as well. (plus a shovel for digging!)
Its a good chance to get some good quality action shots of yourself.
Bobby is popping up early sunday am and we'll be around here within 20 minutes of my place. Either SJT, Intense trail and little nasty.

Sat everyones busy unfortunently (Im going to sneak a intrense trail ride in to scout good corners), but Sunday we'd love to have you join us!