Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Yo Adam, I've just been invited to the Nightshift at Mr. T's Bowl to watch a friend perform with the Demonika and the Darklings alongside with DJ Darkly & DJ Beast. For some odd reason, I dont think they'll be playing any hip hop or house music. I should probably decline you think?:rolleyes:

P, PM sent about Sunday.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Looks like my start time for Saturday got pushed back. I've got fatherly duties to perform. I won't be available until 1 or so. If anyone wants to get a later start let me know. Otherwise I might do the Loop alone.

Sunday Taylor and I are doing a hike-a-bike-a-thon. He might be into doing Wilson. He has on the DL for about 4 weeks.

Wilson is finally done. Weighs exactly 41 lbs. That is with the rear tire mounted tubeless. Going tubeless on the front might drop .25 lb.

Pavel what is your biking weighing in at?

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Sunday Taylor and I are doing a hike-a-bike-a-thon. He might be into doing Wilson.
For the record, I'd be into 'doing' Wilson the mountain. I have no desire to 'do' Nags' new bike :crazy:

But ya, I haven't ridden in almost 6 weeks. Riding a little today on the streets to get my legs moving.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Good session Brian!
could you ask for more perfect jumping weather? i think not :cheers:

wtf was wrong with that dude Tony.. what an angry fool

Blender, sent you a PM, i'm going up to Kenter sunday afternoon. Let me know if you're in for some hot DJ action.

tony is a kook and a hater. he doesn't like that the main line is now twice the size it used to be, he was one of the original fools who helped build that line BITD....

hell, he even blamed cru for the broken collar he got on the random jump on the far right after the ravine. well, cru built the jump, so it must be his fault...

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
he just seemed pissed off for all the wrong reasons
kept saying that one day him and his boyz are gonna get wasted, and come up there and tear out the big line.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I guess I could see why he'd be upset, he probably didn't want them any bigger than they'd always been and there's not exactly an abundance of condoned places to build jumps around here. That being said it seems like it all evolved over time very slowly and he'd have gotten used to it.
I never got into jumping when I started going there about 4 years ago. It intimidated me then so now it seems like there's no hope to learn since its all been built up. Oh well, that's what I get for procrastinating :banghead:

EDIT:
kept saying that one day him and his boyz are gonna get wasted, and come up there and tear out the big line.
Oh damn, I didn't hear that part, that's not good.

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
they used to look big but they are within reach for me now, if you compare them to the old ones its rather pathetic how the old ones were, I did a good share of upgrading out there, and we made them from pathetic to slightly crappy. Right after that I stopped riding for a bit and cru and wch made em from slightly crappy to dirt jump status. Then Kurt made a few into massive lumpy mutations. But even he is down with the new size.

this tony guy seems mad that he doesn't have the balls to hit it?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I feel sorry for him, blames everybody else for him not being able to ride them. They're not even very big. Oh well, I think we convinced him to re-work the small set of tables to make them 'learner' jumps for the new line. Hopefully he puts his money where his mouth is, I'll help if he asks.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
I feel sorry for him, blames everybody else for him not being able to ride them. They're not even very big. Oh well, I think we convinced him to re-work the small set of tables to make them 'learner' jumps for the new line. Hopefully he puts his money where his mouth is, I'll help if he asks.
problem is.. he doesn't really know how to ask.
every sentence out if his mouth started or ended with "f@ck you guys.. these are my trails"

ok.. maybe not
but he was having a hard time stringing together a valid argument

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
on a brighter note..
in my effort to continue contributing riding content to this thread, here are a couple of iPhone pics brenth snapped after Brian took off.

I felt a little weird with that kook Tony hanging out by the tent, watching me jump with a nasty look on his face, but after he finally left I found the positive energy vibe again and the last hour was just awesome... perfect temperature and perfectly even light.

:cheers:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
btw - who is up for the weekend? i'm lookin' at a saturday ride. i've got the hardtail built and ready to pedal. the deutschmaschine is always armed for battle too.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
btw - who is up for the weekend? i'm lookin' at a saturday ride. i've got the hardtail built and ready to pedal. the deutschmaschine is always armed for battle too.
Dude, its been a while. I sold the Gran Mal about six months ago and haven't ridden since. I have another ride on the way, but it won't be here in time to ride this weekend. I want to get it dialed and get out next weekend though...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I bought a Canfield Balance off of Lance Canfield. Couldn't beat the price. He had it setup xc style with a 4" fork. I think I'm going to set it up as a 6&6 with a Lyric or Domain u-turn up front, to help it climb a bit better, but still rock the dh trails along with Mammoth and such. Hopefully it will work as a do it all bike. I will be down to ride anything...it will be fun to just get out.

I can't wait for Mammoth, that Chainsmoke roller has my name all over it again this year...

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
perhaps a big bike ride to welcome the Wilson and Sinister into the world?

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Sat morning is busted for me.. have an HOA meeting i have to attend in the morning.
Good to go for Sunday though!

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Sat morning is busted for me.. have an HOA meeting i have to attend in the morning.
Good to go for Sunday though!
Dude, if you ever hear me say I can't ride because I have to go to an HOA meeting, please take a shovel to the back of my head. seriously.

I'll be up at Kenter on Sunday unless I have to weed the lawn.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Sounds like a blast, but i'm out. I've got an HOA meeting to go to :P
damn, fools... you just won't let it go will you :disgust:

trust me. i'm not one for attending these retarded gatherings.. except this time it actually concerns me
it's a long and annoying story, and I'd rather not go into details