Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Spending your money 'til it runs out is fun, 'til it runs out.

So poor, I have bike bits and food to buy.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
When I was younger, I wanted to grow up and help people. Then as teenager I was afforded the protection of a street gang. The more time I spent with them, the more I forgot about helping people. Life is funny like that....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I've never heard or used the word "dulcet" when it wasn't immediately followed by the word "tones".
The Bus diagram for the system board on a Soundcraft series 1 board has 4 preset modes tuned by jumpers right on the board. They are Compact (Portable), Expression 1 (fixed), Expression 2 (process control), Performer, and Dulcet (live with phantom). A series one mixer gave George Martin the ability to make Sgt Peppers.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It is easier "for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 19:23-24)

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Every time someone tells me they just got electrocuted I always wonder if I can see dead people or I'm just talking to an idiot.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You need to explore Allegheny on a bicycle. I rode 6miles with wild horses and elk. Just amazing... Lots of snakes too.... Pot cops flying helicopters and raiding grows.... My hands are sore from braking.

I love how sore and tired I am. I feel fantastic.... I also found magnetic and possibly radioactive minerals, and tons of quartz. Silver dust too.....

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am pretty sure my friends look down on me because I play a Epiphone Les Paul instead of a Gibson. Since I am left handed and Epiphone makes a better Left handed Guitar. I play that.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Music is not easy. I've been messing with an ipad app called Loopy. Recording myself over a drum track. And man...I apparently have NO rhythm at all. Like...none. A rivet gun bucking rivets into an airplane wing is more melodic.
My hat is off to anyone who can actually make music....regardless of the style. If you can make it hang together with a steady beat, that's an accomplishment. I suck.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Music is not easy. I've been messing with an ipad app called Loopy. Recording myself over a drum track. And man...I apparently have NO rhythm at all. Like...none. A rivet gun bucking rivets into an airplane wing is more melodic.
My hat is off to anyone who can actually make music....regardless of the style. If you can make it hang together with a steady beat, that's an accomplishment. I suck.
I feel slightly less stabby now....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
People know that the WWE is fake, right? I ask because I keep getting "news stories" about controversial matches as if someone pulled off an amazing upset that wasn't written in a script backstage.