Quantcast

the random thought thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

I had the red flavor, which was like straight up red kool-aid. I'm not into the fake flavor thing but I drank some anyway and discovered the kicker is in the alcohol/sugar/glitter hangover. NAOW the glitter is everywhere. Gah! And if I actually get glitter pee, I'm so posting a pic! ;)
Sufficient Data has already been acquired. No further dispatch is necessary. Thanks for your anticipated cooperation....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I went to the store. On the ride there a car pulled out in front of me suddenly. I stopped in time. I let the other person go. I then proceeded to the store. Got my stuff and went home. I didn't yell at anyone. Get mad or anything like that. The store didn't have any fresh bread or the cat food my cat likes. I was still nice to the clerk.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The on ramp is for accelerating up to the speed of traffic. Merging at 40mph when everyone else is going 65-70mph is fucking stupid. Put your goddamn phone down and pay attention before you cause an accident.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The on ramp is for excellerating up to the speed of traffic. Merging at 40mph when everyone else is going 65-70mph is fucking stupid.
I see a lot of people who do the exact opposite - they slow down to a stop until they get a mile of free lane that they can merge into. They are usually suffering from the DWA syndrome.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I've been stuck behind slow drivers everywhere I go lately--mostly Prius'. They go 15-20 below and it makes me want to scream. However, I try to extend blessings on them in hopes that they aren't slow in everything in life. Some of us just belong in the fast lane I guess!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I've been stuck behind slow drivers everywhere I go lately--mostly Prius'. They go 15-20 below and it makes me want to scream. However, I try to extend blessings on them in hopes that they aren't slow in everything in life. Some of us just belong in the fast lane I guess!
I got driven around today. It was nice to pull up to the store, get out, buy my stuff, then have the car pull up to the curb after I was done. Kid was from Romania, drove like a cop. It was awesome!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What does that mean?
The young man who drove the car I was in, was polite, friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. A skilled driver also. And from Romania. I may request him the next time I need a car. He likes my dad and my dad likes him. Excuse me.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Has anyone ever thought that the reason for the crime rate in your city may be because of the dangerously inept Police Force in your city, You cannot take kids from the Suburbs and expect them to be effective in fighting crime in Urban areas. Just because your dad was a cop doesn't mean he was a good cop. Following in your dads footsteps doesn't mean you are going to be a good cop.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Do dogs REALLY understand the concept of doors? Mine open them but never close them. If they DO understand the concept, I guess they are just assholes.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
every now and then i'll get one or two whiskers in my beard that are significantly thicker and stiffer than all my other whiskers. as i pull them out, all i can think of is jeff goldblum in The Fly.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Why is baby spinach labeled as baby spinach? Its not baby sized!
It doesn't matter. Buy some sweet Italian sausage, a can of Goya Cannellini beans, a shallot. Cook the sausage in a large pan. Drain and rinse the beans. As the sausage gets done (light brown) drain the grease off. Throw the finely chopped shallot in the pan until they are clear. After a few, add a half cup of chicken stock into the pan and a tbs of schmatlz to the pan (Bacon Grease will work also). Slowly wilt the spinach into the pan. Add some cooking sherry before you finish cooking the spinach. Move the ingredients to one side of the pan. Slowly allow the liquid to the side edge of the pan until it flames up. Be careful the flame will crawl back up the handle if you try to flame up the rear of the pan. Add the beans and simmer for 5 minutes. Add parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Finish by rocking the pan using the heal of the pan until the beans and spinach combine. Serve in a soup bowl with some crusty bread on the side. Red wine like a cheap Chianti will pair nicely with it.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

I had the red flavor, which was like straight up red kool-aid. I'm not into the fake flavor thing but I drank some anyway and discovered the kicker is in the alcohol/sugar/glitter hangover. NAOW the glitter is everywhere. Gah! And if I actually get glitter pee, I'm so posting a pic! ;)
You better!!! Reminds me of the @Knuckleslammer cleanse where he strained his pee for solids.

On another note...had a holiday bender in Milwaukee a few years back & the party ran out of beer so I switched to red wine & pomegranate vodka with ice (suprisngly good!) & drank enough to make my poop red & smell like a Galde Plug-in®. Was kinda rad in a way.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
every now and then i'll get one or two whiskers in my beard that are significantly thicker and stiffer than all my other whiskers. as i pull them out, all i can think of is jeff goldblum in The Fly.
Had a nasty zit once that turned out to be one of those in-grown. was so much fun excavating it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This time last year Oak trees covered my yard with large amounts of acorns. Significanty lower yield this year. I think last year's large yield was from the 18 year cicada cycle and the thousands of dead bugs fertilizing the soil.