Quantcast

the random thought thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Port wine is always a good desert. Rieslings and Ice wine are also great for desert. Honeycrisp NY apples, really sharp NY cheddar, and a snifter full of Port. Oh my...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Why do some drivers feel it necessary to swing right, into my lane, when turning left even though they're only going 15 mph ?
I hate when people make me drive on the sidewalk for any reason other then the fun you have when you just spontaneously veer off the road and go on the sidewalk... I hate that... But not Mmike.....

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Or when a driver runs their red light to make a left turn into oncoming cars... yup. That happened this morning.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Sometime this summer I started getting obsessed with making pancakes and have been eating them for breakfast everyday. I have found a way to do this and still lose weight. I make my own batter and don't use syrup or tons of sugar. Instead I make berry compotes and only add a pinch of sugar to balance the tartness. So basically low fat, low sugar pancakes.

edit: Berry compote is used in place of syrup. Basically its a berry sauce that can be spooned onto the pancakes.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The waffle I just ate came to me frozen in a box. I covered it in peanut butter and crystallized honey granules. It's regrettable there were not more waffles in the box.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Sometime this summer I started getting obsessed with making pancakes and have been eating them for breakfast everyday. I have found a way to do this and still lose weight. I make my own batter and don't use syrup or tons of sugar. Instead I make berry compotes and only add a pinch of sugar to balance the tartness. So basically low fat, low sugar pancakes.

edit: Berry compote is used in place of syrup. Basically its a berry sauce that can be spooned onto the pancakes.
You can sub applesauce for whatever oil you are using, or try coconut oil for a healthy substitute too! I always make my from scratch. Bisquick tastes like chemicals :vomit:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
You can sub applesauce for whatever oil you are using, or try coconut oil for a healthy substitute too! I always make my from scratch. Bisquick tastes like chemicals :vomit:
I use 2 Tbs of unsalted butter in the batter and fat free buttermilk, which makes 5-6 pancakes. I cook them in a sliver of butter, of which a good portion slides off to the edges of the pan. So not a whole lot of fat, but just enough to give the pancakes that buttery flavor.

I also add vanilla, lemon zest, and fresh blue berrries to the batter, mmmm.

Batter from a box is just a bunch of nasty chemicals, yuck.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I use 2 Tbs of unsalted butter in the batter and fat free buttermilk, which makes 5-6 pancakes. I cook them in a sliver of butter, of which a good portion slides off to the edges of the pan. So not a whole lot of fat, but just enough to give the pancakes that buttery flavor.

I also add vanilla, lemon zest, and fresh blue berrries to the batter, mmmm.

Batter from a box is just a bunch of nasty chemicals, yuck.
How much vanilla, lemon zest, and berries do you recommend?

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Dry ingredients:

1.5 cups self-rising AP flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp turbinado sugar
wee pinch kosher salt
zest of one whole lemon

Wet ingredients:

1.5 cups fat-free buttermilk
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 Tbs unsalted butter melted
1 tsp vanilla

fist full of fresh blueberries added to batter at end

compote:

blueberries
water
pinch of turbanado sugar
cornstarch/water to thicken

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Very upset that McDonalds doesn't serve the "Big Breakfast" on the all day breakfast menu. No Bacon. Egg. and cheese micamuffin thing. Only nasty ass Sausage micamuffin thing. Hash brown thing? How do you fuck up potatoes?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Now I know why old people shake their head at young folk. This past weekend I heard a 14 year old boy utter the phrase, "Boys go to Jupiter to get cars, girls go to Jupiter to get stupider!"