Quantcast

the random thought thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Why do folks who build and repair things get up so early? I'll never understand how the folks who work the hardest tend to make things harder for themselves. If you have a helper, make them help you. Not utilizing help because you don't want to have to tell someone what to do?? Well that's just stupid. Not taking time off when your sick. Thanks Hero....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I really like my boss. To think I was considering leaving this place before I'd been here a year, then they reorganized engineering and now it's awesome.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Bonuses are awesome. Getting your bonus doubled is moar awesomer.
Well, I don't want to think about my bonus. I was told when hired that the bonus was either a 401k kick, or a cash option. Now I am being told every year they talk about making it a cash option only to not. Not that I am bitching, free money into my 401k is better than free money in my grubby hands. :panic:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Was talking with my wife's co-worker's husband at a party on Friday night. He was telling me about how they had tickets to the One Direction concert.
:disgust1:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
It kind of freaks me out when I take a dump and when I'm done I turn around and it's slid down the drain and vanished without a trace . . . makes me wonder if it was all just a dream.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Saw a perfect Land Rover moment last night. Guy on a test drive had broken down perhaps 3 miles from the dealership. There was another Land Rover there helping him get up and going again and a second Land Rover there because, well, Land Rover.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I work with a guy named Richard that goes by Dick. I like to send him emails with small questions/requests, just so I can respond "thanks dick".

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I've been wearing the same hiking (winter) boots that I bought in Whistler in 1998. The insides are finally wearing out. I think I'll have to get new ones. It's annoying because the outside is still perfectly fine.