Quantcast

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hungry_Hank said:
This is kinda old news, as repeated studies have found no lung cancer link.

I'm not suprised and I think one of the reasons should be obvious:
no elevated cancer risk for even the heaviest pot smokers. It did find a 20-fold increased risk of lung cancer in people who smoked two or more packs of cigarettes a day.
"Heaviest pot smokers" compared to 2+ packs of ciagrettes a day. Even the heaviest pot smoker is not smoking 40+ joints/day. You simply can't function or stay awake long enough to do that. So the rate at which you're absorbing carcenogenic material is a hell of a lot lower than a 2+ pack/day cigarette smoker.

I've heard the theory that THC kills off the cells before they turn cancerous, though, which is also interesting. I still think the comparison to ciagrette smoking is silly and flawed though.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yea binary, i've heard propaganda that claimed each joint had enough tar for 5 cigarettes. so 8 joints equals 40 cigarettes. I can smoke 8 doobers in a day pretty easy. BUT, thats probably propaganda bs.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
boostindoubles said:
yea binary, i've heard propaganda that claimed each joint had enough tar for 5 cigarettes. so 8 joints equals 40 cigarettes. I can smoke 8 doobers in a day pretty easy. BUT, thats probably propaganda bs.
You smoke 8 joints per day, every day of your life?

That's what a smoker does. Two packs a day, every day of their life. Besides, tar isn't healthy for you but AFAIK it's the chemicals that are the significant contribution to cancer. The article indicates that there's only about a 50% increase in chemicals, which means you'd have to smoke 26-27 joints per day to get the equivalent chemical intake.

Anyway. I hope nobody thinks that this means smoking anything is even remotely healthy for you, but it's all good news anyway :)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
binary visions said:
You smoke 8 joints per day, every day of your life?

That's what a smoker does. Two packs a day, every day of their life. Besides, tar isn't healthy for you but AFAIK it's the chemicals that are the significant contribution to cancer. The article indicates that there's only about a 50% increase in chemicals, which means you'd have to smoke 26-27 joints per day to get the equivalent chemical intake.

Anyway. I hope nobody thinks that this means smoking anything is even remotely healthy for you, but it's all good news anyway :)
Alright! I am going to use this on the wife... "But Honey, B.V. said I can smoke 25 joints a day!" :rofl: ;)

Of course these days I barely get to smoke a bowl a day, let alone a whole joint. Except for this weekend... this weekend I am going all cheech and chong. Yaaay for hash!!!!!

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
Ciaran, we need to get you some MOREBUD. You need to rewrite your BUD-GET so you can afford at least 2 bowls per day! I think I need a Cano right now!---I got kicked 4ozs. in the last 2 months! It is the currency around here

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
i went to the pariadontist last week as i am getting old and need a root scrape.
Anyway......he asked Do you smoke?
I replied...yes...ganja and lots of it.
he said "that's ok"
what i responded
he then went on to explain how nicotine destroys gums, bone and how it makes your teeth fall out.
He is one of the leading PDs in Canada.
He explained my bone loss was from years of smoking even though i quit 15 years ago the damage is done.

kahner89

Monkey
May 25, 2006
spokanistan
pot smoked with blunts loose a lot when the ash builds up thats why in a bong you use more for your money and you dont waste the most precious plant in the world

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
:thumb:

I've actually heard that inhaling smoke from lots of plants is actually good for you. :rofl:
Boy, don't make me beat you with your own bacon. Most stoners that I know don't smoke joints anyway... bongs or vaporizers are the way to go. Personally I can't stand joints and only use a pipe when I have to. Shoot, I even have a little plastic travelin bong that fits in the camelbak! :D And you should know better than to listen to what the government tells you!

And TJ, why didn;t you come share that kind purp with me? :p

N I C K

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
Sunapee, NH
Ciaran said:
Boy, don't make me beat you with your own bacon. Most stoners that I know don't smoke joints anyway... bongs or vaporizers are the way to go. Personally I can't stand joints and only use a pipe when I have to. Shoot, I even have a little plastic travelin bong that fits in the camelbak! :D And you should know better than to listen to what the government tells you!

And TJ, why didn;t you come share that kind purp with me? :p
Is that the pocket bong?

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Colorado Heads:

I'll be arriving to ride Keystone and surrounding areas for a week this friday. Naturally I'm not feelin that bud through the airport would be too smart, so if anyone wants to be my best friend and hook it up when I get there, there will definately be a free G out of my bag for you.

PM me if anyone could help me out.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
How's that glass on glass working out for ya Chico?

Question for the thread: How many of you get bored with one strain? Or do you seem to build up a tolerance to a certain strain?

I am on a Cindy99 strain right now and I am getting pretty bored with her. My buddies friends cousin who knows the guy who gets the stuff is planning on going to Northern Lights (which I happen to be a big fan of) which I think is a huge improvement.

I wish it was legal so I could grow a bunch of different strains. As they say... Variety is the spice of life!

(And he who controls the spice, controls the universe!)

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
When i used to smoke, i prefered to have a couple strains around. I get bored with the same strain quickly. I liked to have an indica for nighttime, and a heady sativa for mornings and daytime. Indica in the mornings just werent my thing. And even then it was more enjoyable to have different flavors, because my pallate would get accustomed to whatever i was smoking.

I think the NL will be a good switch from your cindy99. Maybe see if the guy would try something like a sensi star or whiterhino, which are two of my favorite strains

noskcaj

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
Northford, CT
So, a while back i destroyed a rear Deemax wheel, the spokes pulled through the rim and the hub's freehub would keep catching. I had purchased this wheel from a friend of mine for 35 bucks some time before then and it was pretty trashed at that point. After some research to see how much it would cost to repair i figured i would do the next best thing with the hub.

All the piping/mouth piece are made from heat treated stainless steel, it holds a fair amount of water and works perfectly. If anyone in my area wants to take a gander, pm me

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I get all teh way to the top of the hill after pedaling hard up the steep sections. I take off the CamelBak, and pull out the baggy and the glass and lo and behold... I FORGOT THE DAMN LIGHTER!!!!!!

LOL, I felt like such a tard. But of course it makes the apres ride session that much better.
:D

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Ciaran said:
I get all teh way to the top of the hill after pedaling hard up the steep sections. I take off the CamelBak, and pull out the baggy and the glass and lo and behold... I FORGOT THE DAMN LIGHTER!!!!!!

LOL, I felt like such a tard. But of course it makes the apres ride session that much better.
:D

Not having a lighter is such a bummer. Party foul.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Ciaran said:
How's that glass on glass working out for ya Chico?

Question for the thread: How many of you get bored with one strain? Or do you seem to build up a tolerance to a certain strain?

I am on a Cindy99 strain right now and I am getting pretty bored with her. My buddies friends cousin who knows the guy who gets the stuff is planning on going to Northern Lights (which I happen to be a big fan of) which I think is a huge improvement.

I wish it was legal so I could grow a bunch of different strains. As they say... Variety is the spice of life!

(And he who controls the spice, controls the universe!)
Approved!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
chicodude said:
Uh....No, more because he said he didn't a while ago.

Jeez you're full of hate.
He's just mad cause Richard Simmons won't return any of his calls AND kept his stash!

Man SS, this is the hippy thread... keep your negative attitudes out man... or relax and smoke a bowl...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Welp, Smoked out the last of my stash and I think that's gonna be it for a week or two.

This is gonna be a lonnng two weeks....