Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
thank god there wasn't a good guy with a gun.....you all would be pissed.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Freedom™
Christ on a crutch. From the Denver Post article.
Harpham's mother, Heather Kopp, wrote about her son's struggles with alcohol and drug addiction in a 2013 book titled "Sober Mercies: How Love Caught Up with a Christian Drunk." In an eHarmony account, Harpham wrote of being in Alcoholics Anonymous and being sober since December 2013.
I can't wait to find out when his weapon was legally purchased.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
don't you mean where
You know how many gun stores there are in this town? There is a gun show somewhere in el paso county almost every month. Nut bar could have bough his shit anywhere.

Edit: As an example, I can think of at least 4 gun shops that I pass just on my 9 mile commute between the airport and home. And that doesn't include the Big R or Walmart.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You know how many gun stores there are in this town? There is a gun show somewhere in el paso county almost every month. Nut bar could have bough his shit anywhere.

Edit: As an example, I can think of at least 4 gun shops that I pass just on my 9 mile commute between the airport and home. And that doesn't include the Big R or Walmart.
so then it's your fault for not exercising your 2nd amendment rights, open carrying, and fulfilling the role of GGWAG™ and stopping him

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
If any of the French had been armed last night, think they could have stopped one of the eight and less than 127 would have been slaughtered? Nah, we need another law to make gun ownership illegal, then these terrorists would never have attacked. Anyone see where I left my legos?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
If any of the French had been armed last night, think they could have stopped one of the eight and less than 127 would have been slaughtered? Nah, we need another law to make gun ownership illegal, then these terrorists would never have attacked. Anyone see where I left my legos?
Since I seriously doubt you've bothered to read the articles beyond the title, I would point out the many of the casualties appear to have been caused by 7 or 8 people wearing suicide bomb belts. I'm not sure how having everyone at the concert armed with Glockz would have prevented that. And even in the case of dudes walking up to an outdoor restaurant and spraying rounds into the patrons, they're still going to unload a lot of ammo before someone assumes the Weaver stance and puts 3 in their chests.

Last edited:

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
Since I seriously doubt you've bothered to read the articles beyond the title, I would point out the many of the casualties appear to have been caused by 7 or 8 people wearing suicide bomb belts. I'm not sure how having everyone at the concert armed with Glockz would have prevented that. And even in the case of dudes walking up to an outdoor restaurant and spraying rounds into the patrons, they're still going to unload a lot of ammo before someone assumes the Weaver stance and puts 3 in their chests.
You can 'stand in solidarity' and 'engage in the conversation'...I'll be reloading. If it gets too be too much just stay hidden in the bathtub till all the bad men are gone. What a douche.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Any? I am sure that one good guy with a gun could have stopped a half dozen organized suicidal AK47 toting maniacs. All they would need to do is hold their gun sideways, have a steely eyed Steven Segal like squint and be wearing Chuck Norris Action Jeans.

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
Any? I am sure that one good guy with a gun could have stopped a half dozen organized suicidal AK47 toting maniacs. All they would need to do is hold their gun sideways, have a steely eyed Steven Segal like squint and be wearing Chuck Norris Action Jeans.
Great aim + 16 rounds > 8 insurgents. Been done time and again.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Damn, we have a regular special ops ninja in our midst! I for one feel a lot safer.

On a related topic, anyone have any guesses as to what pistol(s) Jeebus would rock? Or maybe he would just use force lightning in lieu of gunz?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Great aim + 16 rounds > 8 insurgents. Been done time and again.
Jezzus fucking Christ on a popsicle stick. You watch way too many shoot-em-up movies. You are absolutely delusional if you think what you see in the movies is even remotely accurate to being in an active shooting scenario. My guess is that you have never been shot at. I can tell you for a fact that when bullets start whizzing by your head, the last thing you're thinking about is whipping out your pea shooter and jumping in the mix. A sane person, or a pussy as you would call them, takes cover and immediately vacates the area.

The sound of an automatic weapon being fired in an urban environment is one of the scariest things I've ever experienced. It's unfucking believably loud and disorienting, total goddamn chaos. Only those with proper training can keep their shit together during that. Most of us pussies don't have that training. And neither do you !

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I can tell you for a fact that when bullets start whizzing by your head, the last thing you're thinking about is whipping out your pea shooter and jumping in the mix. A sane person, or a pussy as you would call them, takes cover and immediately vacates the area.

The sound of an automatic weapon being fired in an urban environment is one of the scariest things I've ever experienced. It's unfucking believably loud and disorienting, total goddamn chaos. Only those with proper training can keep their shit together during that. Most of us pussies don't have that training. And neither do you !
you served?

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
you served?
Nope. But I've been shot at a few times while riding and have been in very close proximity to drive by shootings. Enough to have heard the "zip pop" sound. Not cool.

The Karate school I went to as a kid was run by a Vietnam vet who instilled in us some basic urban survival techniques. One of which was to simply run away. The idea is to defend yourself and or leave, unless you're left without an exit.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
they shot at you with machine guns? what shit hole do you live in?
The drive-by was a block over from my studio back when downtown was sketchy and years away from being revitalized. A friend and I heard a commotion and went to investigate. When we got close to the source, a nightclub, that's when the autos started going off.

When we were practicing for a dual slalom race (different city), the nest of rednecks above the course would shoot at us. We'd have to duck behind berms until it stopped, then get the fuck outta there. That's when I got to hear the "zip pop".

And there were other times when someone decided to pop off a few in my direction when out riding.

Several years ago I saw two cars in the on coming lane drive slowly next to each other then start shooting at each other.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm sure the NRA will be happy to pick this story up as proof that all 13 year olds should be packing.
NRA fuel aside, this is their textbook example; 2 violent multiple felons committing home invasion. That 13 year old could have been hurt/taken/killed ... I'm glad he was able to defend himself. Like it or not, this "is" a good result, though I feel for the kid who has to deal with this now.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
NRA fuel aside, this is their textbook example; 2 violent multiple felons committing home invasion. That 13 year old could have been hurt/taken/killed ... I'm glad he was able to defend himself. Like it or not, this "is" a good result, though I feel for the kid who has to deal with this now.
Sure, but anecdotes do not good policy make. Statistically speaking most "minor + gun" stories don't typically end with warm fuzzies being spread around.