Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sure, but anecdotes do not good policy make. Statistically speaking most "minor + gun" stories don't typically end with warm fuzzies being spread around.
it's a shame the kid didn't die then.

no chest beating material.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
NRA fuel aside, this is their textbook example; 2 violent multiple felons committing home invasion. That 13 year old could have been hurt/taken/killed ... I'm glad he was able to defend himself. Like it or not, this "is" a good result, though I feel for the kid who has to deal with this now.
this is one circle jerk you don't want to go off topic in.

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
Jezzus fucking Christ on a popsicle stick. You watch way too many shoot-em-up movies. You are absolutely delusional if you think what you see in the movies is even remotely accurate to being in an active shooting scenario. My guess is that you have never been shot at. I can tell you for a fact that when bullets start whizzing by your head, the last thing you're thinking about is whipping out your pea shooter and jumping in the mix. A sane person, or a pussy as you would call them, takes cover and immediately vacates the area.

The sound of an automatic weapon being fired in an urban environment is one of the scariest things I've ever experienced. It's unfucking believably loud and disorienting, total goddamn chaos. Only those with proper training can keep their shit together during that. Most of us pussies don't have that training. And neither do you !
So let me get this straight, you admit you have no training and no idea what you're talking about, and then act like you know me and pronounce I don't know what I'm talking about. That about right?

I'll share a couple thoughts with you, "taking cover" and "vacating" are two wildly different actions, and likely to get you killed if that's how you knee-jerk respond. But to a boy of your constitution, running and hiding may feel like a win, I get it. I really do.

Many times the quickest and safest counter measure is neutralizing the threat. There are so many other variables though, especially in an UO urban operation that you cannot say "this is how to respond"... You getting "shot at, err, near" on your bike is not really the best example of an asymmetric warfare enviro where there are civilians and in this case hostages.

Different mindsets. As hostile and "verbally violent" as you are, the one thing you got right is that you are definitely not the guy to be able to handle himself in a truly violent, hostile situation. Maybe buy faster shoes.

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
"Let's be clear: At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries," Obama said.

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
Mass violence, that usually involves a numbskull with acces to guns and a small penis like you, is something different then an act of terrorism.

Thanks for playing though, dense boy.
"Mass violence... Is different than an act of terrorism." We've just reached a new benchmark in stupid folks.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Yes, because some pussy with mommy issues shooting other people up because he cant get laid is the same as organised extremist groups that commit violence in order to achieve religious and or politically motivated goals.

You should stop now, really.

dtm1

Monkey
Apr 11, 2015
Yes, because some pussy with mommy issues shooting other people up because he cant get laid is the same as oranised extremist groups that commit violence in order to achieve religious and or political motivated goals.

You should stop now, really.
No dude. You're flat out wrong, splitting imaginary hairs that only exist in your noggin.
Terrorism= Mass violence but not all mass violence = terrorism. So what? Both necessitate the "good guy" be armed, or dead. And don't give me "well this blah blah kind of financial threat is terrorism but not mass violence" or "well you could be armed and still dead". Use your head dude.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Dense Motherfucker
a person that doesn't understand something and totaly disregards it after it has been explained.
john: where did you lose did your phone?
ray: the park, but don't worry if someone finds it i'm sure they'll call me.
j: they can't.
r: why?
j: you don't have your phone, so they cant call you.
r: but it's my phone.
j:you DENSE motherfucker

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So let me get this straight, you admit you have no training and no idea what you're talking about, and then act like you know me and pronounce I don't know what I'm talking about. That about right?

I'll share a couple thoughts with you, "taking cover" and "vacating" are two wildly different actions, and likely to get you killed if that's how you knee-jerk respond. But to a boy of your constitution, running and hiding may feel like a win, I get it. I really do.

Many times the quickest and safest counter measure is neutralizing the threat. There are so many other variables though, especially in an UO urban operation that you cannot say "this is how to respond"... You getting "shot at, err, near" on your bike is not really the best example of an asymmetric warfare enviro where there are civilians and in this case hostages.

Different mindsets. As hostile and "verbally violent" as you are, the one thing you got right is that you are definitely not the guy to be able to handle himself in a truly violent, hostile situation. Maybe buy faster shoes.
Hey tough guy, have you ever been shot at ? And not in a video game.

edit:

Ok, I'll try one more time. Being shot at or being in close proximity to shooting is a chaotic, disorienting experience because it's unexpected. And most rational people in that situation are going to freak out and or run away. It's called survival.

Now, someone such as yourself who is clearly not afraid of a little old bullet or two, would most certainly be expecting gunfire to erupt anywhere anytime and thus amply prepared for the situation. Your bravery and valor in the face of grave danger is what separates you from us mere, mortal pussies. I salute you sir, you are a freedom spreading, good American if ever there was one. The shadow of the great Bald Eagle cast no cloud upon your furrowed brow of Herculean masculinity.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
No dude. You're flat out wrong, splitting imaginary hairs that only exist in your noggin.
Terrorism= Mass violence but not all mass violence = terrorism. So what? Both necessitate the "good guy" be armed, or dead. And don't give me "well this blah blah kind of financial threat is terrorism but not mass violence" or "well you could be armed and still dead". Use your head dude.
ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
  1. the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Please be so kind as to tell me what political aim Adma Lanza had, or James Holmes, or Andrew Myers, or Eric Harris, or Dylan Klebold, or Martin Bryant, or Woo Bum-kon, etc, etc, etc.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So what kind of gun is best to protect me from bombs?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fun fact. Somolia has really low crime rates because everyone gets to carry a gun. No taxes, no federally mandated health care. Hell no federal government. I highly recommend right wingers move to their Ideological Utopia.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Fun fact. Somolia has really low crime rates because everyone gets to carry a gun. No taxes, no federally mandated health care. Hell no federal government. I highly recommend right wingers move to their Ideological Utopia.

Crime = breaking the law
No law = no laws to break
No laws to break = no crime

I can't see what could possibly go wrong. :)