Quantcast

buying a new vehicle

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I hope to have my Impala project soon and be able to put some effort into it. The great thing about my car is all I have done is enjoy it. While it could use some upgrades, in stock form, there are few things that come close to it in the twisties. Great balance, solid power:weight, 6 speed, 1g in a turn. Its been nice to just drive something without having to worry about what shook loose.
Is it a wagon?
Yes: Post Pics or STFU.
No: Just STFU.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
anyone from CA have a 75 or older ride? please tell me how sweet it is NEVER having to smog your baby..?

i know i am going in the wrong direction, but ill be after a smog exempt yota here shortly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
With an antique vehicle in Virginia, all I had to do was sign an affidavit that the car complies with all safety regulation of the year of manufacture. It pumps out a decent amount of un-burnt hydrocarbons and once I bump compression probably quite a bit of NOX. I'm no coal rolling fucktard that enjoys polluting but I can justify that the manufacture of a new car is much more polluting than running this thing, and it isn't a trailer queen. Put close to 10,000 miles since I got it a little over a year ago, continued use will ultimately require one less new car to be made.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Drove a bunch of vehicles to replace the racing Honda. 2013 Touareg is winning so far.
Xc90 ocean eddition with V8 is a nice car too. Real world on the v8 is about the same as the 6 and the 6 is the one everyone had issues with. T5 is a little bland. After 2008 is best as they sorted the roof drain and the drain mod to the v8 so decently reliable. the yamaha v8 sounds glorious with exhaust.

That is if you are looking for a heavy suv.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:rofl: Agreed. I have toyed with the idea of an Impala wagon converted to a 2 door.

Always had a soft spot for Falcons. Had some random guy offer me a cherry 65 falcon wagon in a straight up trade for the Volvo. Would have made financial sense but have too much blood and sweat in it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Always had a soft spot for Falcons. Had some random guy offer me a cherry 65 falcon wagon in a straight up trade for the Volvo. Would have made financial sense but have too much blood and sweat in it.

There are so few F@rds I've ever cared for, but that is damn hot. My buddy just traded his '48 Fleetline for a '62 Impala he wants me to buy.

<edit> The Impala isn't a wagon.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mazda 6 wagon. Beautiful, affordable, and I am guessing not available in the states because 'Mericans only buy quality shit like jeeps.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mazda 6 wagon. Beautiful, affordable, and I am guessing not available in the states because 'Mericans only buy quality shit like jeeps.

Too bad the front end looks like junk compared to the model before the last model.

MOAR

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
new dream car....

clean B3 passat wagon with 3.2L/3.6L VR6/6spd manual transmission.