Quantcast

World Champs 2020 - Leogang!!

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
About time for a World Champs thread!!

Racing kicks off this Sunday. Is Gwin gonna finally get the win? Vali Holl for the women's?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
covid denier is washed up.
Seriously though, we all know he has the pace, but something hasn’t been clicking for a while. After the last interview, mental seems like his biggest challenge. The young French riders on the other hand... speed and mindset for days.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Has she shown she has the same speed as the truly elite women? Atherton, Seagrave, Nicole?
none of them were at innsbruck, but she was about a second up on Tracy.

Elite Women:

1st. Vali Höll: 3:12.139
2nd. Tracey Hannah: +0.951
3rd. Morgane Charre: +6.211
4th. Eleonora Farina: +7.859
5th. Noga Korem: +9.132

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
Has she shown she has the same speed as the truly elite women? Atherton, Seagrave, Nicole?
Close enough i´d say. I´ve also seen her training a lot in Leogang in recent weeks, so hometrack advantage is definitely a thing for her. With Tahnee imho being a favourite on that track, but coming back from injury, it´s probably a pretty open field.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Seriously though, we all know he has the pace, but something hasn’t been clicking for a while. After the last interview, mental seems like his biggest challenge. The young French riders on the other hand... speed and mindset for days.
I'm no expert of course, but to me he doesn't look very comfortable or dynamic/aggressive on the 29er?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Do we think the Intense is a good bike?

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I'm no expert of course, but to me he doesn't look very comfortable or dynamic/aggressive on the 29er?
Tend to agree, although he's on the mullet now. Also, he's had essentially zero races since Maribor of 2019 uninjured/not trying to return post injury. First race back from ankle and shoulder injuries (MSA Worlds) he finished 12th and then 13th at Snowshoe. Also finished 5th at Leogang last season barely able to ride on a blown up ankle. So not sure I'd totally write him off, although I'd prefer a non COVID denier to win.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Fingers crossed that we'll finally get to see some racing. With that weather report, I'm looking out for metal spikes and heated grips in the "pit bits" pieces that are sure to come.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Fingers crossed that we'll finally get to see some racing. With that weather report, I'm looking out for metal spikes and heated grips in the "pit bits" pieces that are sure to come.
How are US folks planning to watch? VPN?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Opera browser has a free VPN, and you can choose America vs Europe.

I haven't tried it yet, but that's my plan for world champs.

What time is it on?

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Close enough i´d say. I´ve also seen her training a lot in Leogang in recent weeks, so hometrack advantage is definitely a thing for her. With Tahnee imho being a favourite on that track, but coming back from injury, it´s probably a pretty open field.
I'd say since the gondola opened this year. Buddy lives in Bruck and is spending his life at Leogang atm with his 13yr old and she has been there literally all days.

Curious to see if here nerves do her a favor or start a rebellion come race day.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Tend to agree, although he's on the mullet now. Also, he's had essentially zero races since Maribor of 2019 uninjured/not trying to return post injury. First race back from ankle and shoulder injuries (MSA Worlds) he finished 12th and then 13th at Snowshoe. Also finished 5th at Leogang last season barely able to ride on a blown up ankle. So not sure I'd totally write him off, although I'd prefer a non COVID denier to win.
What's this about COVID denial?