Quantcast

the random thought thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Why do Gay Men have sex in the middle of the trails? Today was the second time this year I have encountered this. The white guy was a dwarf.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Why do Gay Men have sex in the middle of the trails? Today was the second time this year I have encountered this. The white guy was a dwarf.

Maybe they see lots of guys wearing Lycra and assume bike riders are all gay?
I have seen two guys that decided 50m from a bike path was enough distance to hide from people, luckily for me they weren't giving each other prostate examinations.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I find it slightly ironic that meathead type guys wear clothing by the brand Tapout.

Doesn't tapping out mean that you're giving up in an MMA fight. So wouldn't that mean that the guys wearing that clothing are the losers who gave up?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I'm pretty sure that the "try it now" joke transcends the limits of tact or good taste.

Pretty sure...for me anyway...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Might it have been a jeep?

You'll need a stencil of the phrase and and some spray paint for a certain someone's parking spot.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Give a man a fish & he'll be all... "WTF are you giving me a fish for? That's weird."

Teach a man to fish & he'll be all... "Again with the fish?!?"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
no matter what you think of anyone, remember this: that was the sperm that beat out millions of others

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Considering they put Rudd back in again I'm not so conviced that you should be cheering.
He wasn't exactly a great success last time around.
I don't care, I just don't want a man that scares small children running the country, hopefully with Rudd back he won't get voted in in a few months time-

Mr Rudd does come across as a genuinely intelligent man that started the country off in the right direction but it wasn't a 5minute change like camp Gillard.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm not having very good luck with rear wheels this summer. Just noticed two bent spokes and all nice and wobbly on a temporary replacement for my other blown out wheel. Only rode the thing twice. Time to save some pennies for a set of i9s.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Phones shouldn't allow you to record video if you hold them vertically, or someone should make an app reminding vertical video people that they are morons!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Sights on the highway while driving home:

1 warehouse-grade forklift driving along in the slow lane (not on the shoulder where the scooter traffic tends to circulate, that might cause an obstruction)

1 family of 3 (husband, wife, 5 year old boy), all helmet-less. Cruising along in the slow lane, making many passes

43 pedestrians crossing the highway at various places where cars, trucks, forklifts, etc... were all travelling at top highway speed.

Holy ignorance, Batman!

I must be a racist...

EDIT:
20 or so street vendors. Actually, I guess they were more "highway vendors". One was trying to sell a 2'x4' framed poster of his marabout. No takers...

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
20 or so street vendors. Actually, I guess they were more "highway vendors". One was trying to sell a 2'x4' framed poster of his marabout. No takers...
and you didn't buy it out of white guilt? yes, you are a filthy racist

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
and you didn't buy it out of white guilt? yes, you are a filthy racist
I'll park in the fast lane tomorrow and haggle for a while. That oughtta clear my conscience. The potential for a 10 car pileup might increase, but hey, Inchallah! amirite????

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Don't you hate it when a girl starts b!tching at you and you don't have the slightest idea why? I had one of those tonight. But the number of beers I've had is inversely related to the amount of fvcks I give, so we're about good.