Quantcast

Shuttle Day In Reading PA presented by Loweriders Derailed

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
lol don't you accept goat's at your residence? In all reality a good photographer would be nice ;)
goat currency doesnt hold its value like it used to. he could come, but he's not staying at my crib.

if youre looking for a photog, ill be there taking shots w/ my friends that are coming down. and since the bunker jump is back in action, we could have some fun there...depending on how much we ride, ill probably shoot some HD video as well

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
goat currency doesnt hold its value like it used to. he could come, but he's not staying at my crib.

if youre looking for a photog, ill be there taking shots w/ my friends that are coming down. and since the bunker jump is back in action, we could have some fun there...depending on how much we ride, ill probably shoot some HD video as well
HD video!?!? I guess I'm gonna have to man up and finally hit it.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
its changed form 60% this morning to 30% tonight. i never believe the weather channel or any news weatherman.

my forecast is that itll still rain in the afternoon and be partly cloudy throughout the day w/ a slight chance of sun in the AM. temps around mid 50's
my pay-for-use websites still show 50% rain in the afternoon.

im no more than 10 minutes away so ill still be there

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=19565&wuSelect=WEATHER
http://www.weathertap.com/forecast/lookup?lookup=19565&Submit=Get+Forecast

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Meh, they still run the lifts in the rain at the parks, so I don't see why this would be any different.

The meteorologists get better at predicting the closer we get to the day, anyway, so it's not even worth checking til like thursday. I've found accuweather to be more accurate than weather.com for the diablo area, so the same is probably true for reading.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
anyone need a place to stay? i got a little bit of room left. a couple of people bailed. so far theres only two people staying here

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
Even if the day does have scattered showers Reading's natural drainage has always put bigger mountains to shame oddly enough. If thursdays' rain is heavy, it will be hardly noticable on Saturday that it rained two day's earlier.

But I'll definatly be there cause I can't wait to ride the "new" trail we cleared out - Area 51.

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
Yea there are quite a few actually, and this is just on the pagoda hill, there is another location about a mile or less away with more trails, but for ease of shuttling, we prolly won't venture out there.

On "frontside" and "backside" which make up the pagoda hill there are at least 10 different trail segments. Just like a ski mtn they connect at hubs to make longer trails, so theres always different ways to get to the same bottom to keep it interesting.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
any idea on how many people are planning on coming?

what size box truck are you getting? and where at the bottom will it be?

jsh191

Monkey
Nov 16, 2006
birdsboro, pa
vid preview is pretty cool... definitely shows a few of the more ridden lines on the mountain.... however, all the head on approach shots don't do justice to the terrain or speed. teamsuzuk is pretty stinkin fast, and the trails have decent variation.... you just don't get that from the angles shot. to be fair though, video rarely captures the true character of the ride....... see you guys saturday

Oct 8, 2003
vid preview is pretty cool... definitely shows a few of the more ridden lines on the mountain.... however, all the head on approach shots don't do justice to the terrain or speed. teamsuzuk is pretty stinkin fast, and the trails have decent variation.... you just don't get that from the angles shot. to be fair though, video rarely captures the true character of the ride....... see you guys saturday
You will be able to ride your big bike Im working on your wheel now.