Quantcast

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I can't remember the exact recipe, but one friend grinds up the herb into a powder and then cooks it in a Vodka and coffee mix. The Vodka serves the same function as the butter, the coffee is for some flavor and buzz. Wish I could be more specific. I remember her saying that it took her a couple of tries and that she was somewhat stunned/confused by the direction.

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
yeah me too... usually pre-rolled joints in an old band-aids tin i keep in my pack. We really smoked up the gondola at stowe last year, that was a hoot.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
you guys bring a tear to me eye mon.
gondollla dens...mmmmmm.
try this next time;
www.headsmagazine.com/headzone.html
all you need is snow, herb and a light.
enjoy.....i triesd it and it works

comming soon...Jamaican fat Tire Fest 7 info.
This will be the last fat tire run by Rusty's X-cellent adventures and Red Bull will take over fully from just being a sponsor.
Looks like the 6th-11th of Feb.

soon come
madman

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
haha maybe well give the snowball a shot... i hate worrying about breaking my bowl/joints-been known to hit a few trees here and there

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
well I finally made the news.....April edition of Heads mag. features me!!!! on a Jamaican Mtn. Bike tour I gave to the herb fields last Feb. and another tour to Peter Tosh's resting place. The tourists were more than pleased. This years jamaican tour will be that much more special for me. Soon come will be the info on the 8th annual Jamaican Fat Tire Festival that runs the first week of Feb and that is Bob Marley week island wide as well. I hope the grower doesn't mind that the writer printed his name and directions to the area:nopity:

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
Denver votes to legalize marijuana possession
By Patrick O'Driscoll, USA TODAY
DENVER — Voters here approved making Denver the first major city to legalize small amounts of marijuana, but the mayor warned that state law still makes possession of the drug illegal.
"OK of pot issue gives new meaning to Mile High City," said Wednesday's headline in the Rocky Mountain News. The measure, which passed Tuesday with 54% of the vote, says adults 21 and older may possess up to an ounce of marijuana without penalty in the city.

A few other cities, including Seattle and Oakland, have laws that make marijuana possession a low priority for police. A dozen states, including Colorado, have decriminalized possession of small amounts but still issue fines.

Unlike Denver, the Colorado ski town of Telluride, population 2,300, narrowly defeated a measure Tuesday that would have made possession of marijuana the lowest police priority. It might be already: Just 17 citations were issued there last year for pot possession.

Don't expect clouds of marijuana smoke to fill Denver's thin air. Mayor John Hickenlooper said police will continue to arrest and charge people for marijuana because state law still makes possession illegal.

Hickenlooper said the city can adopt an ordinance that is stricter than state law on marijuana but not one that is weaker.

Bruce Mirken, spokesman for the Marijuana Policy Project in Washington, D.C., said Denver's vote will spur initiatives in other cities to legalize and regulate marijuana like alcohol or tobacco.

"It's certainly likely to energize people. This is the wind in the sails of reform," Mirken said Wednesday. "Rethinking marijuana prohibition is mainstream. This is the heart of America saying, 'Hold on, maybe our current marijuana laws don't make a lot of sense.' And the fact is, they're right."

Mason Tvert, who led the Denver campaign for legalized pot, said he will encourage people who are charged under state law to fight their arrests in court.

In Colorado, having an ounce of marijuana or less is punishable by a $100 fine but no jail time. "It's like a speeding ticket, and only a fraction of people end up going to court over it," said Tvert, founder of SAFER, or Safer Alternative For Enjoyable Recreation.

Tvert said his group also will seek a state initiative to license and regulate the sale of marijuana. His campaign argued that legalized pot is a safer alternative, considering the problems that arise from alcohol abuse such as violent crime and health risks.

The mayor said he opposed the measure because he considers marijuana a "gateway" drug that can lead to harder substances and "much more self-destructive behaviors." Hickenlooper acknowledged, however, that Denver's vote "does reflect a genuine shift in people's attitudes."

Although Denver's marijuana vote caught attention, the main issue Coloradans approved Tuesday will let the state government keep $3.7 billion in tax revenue over the next five years. The money otherwise would have been refunded to taxpayers under a 1992 constitutional amendment, the Taxpayer Bill of Rights, which has strict caps on state spending. The statewide referendum passed with 52% of the vote.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
trailblazer said:
well I finally made the news.....April edition of Heads mag. features me!!!! on a Jamaican Mtn. Bike tour I gave to the herb fields last Feb. and another tour to Peter Tosh's resting place. The tourists were more than pleased. This years jamaican tour will be that much more special for me. Soon come will be the info on the 8th annual Jamaican Fat Tire Festival that runs the first week of Feb and that is Bob Marley week island wide as well. I hope the grower doesn't mind that the writer printed his name and directions to the area:nopity:
last april or next april?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I just had a nice surprise.
In my grinder I found some old nugs from a previous stash that i forgot about. It was some thick, resinous, lung expanding smoke, that filled the air with a spicy-hashy aroma. 1 hit stuff & a good balance of ind/sat...mind bending but relaxing at the same time.

goes well with coffee too.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
cool bro...a nice find indeed....like lost gold.
We here in Onterrible have one cool thing...Quebec as a border. Now in the last 5 years they have developed the strongest outdoor I have ever smoked. It looks ...meh....and it smells lke regular yard but what a punch. best legs ever.
named..trojan horse. Now they have the strongest herb right beside the strongest beers. Now you need protective headgear when venturing into Frog Country.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Should I try pot? Is it worth it? A few of my good friends do it, but I am concerned about health, and the effect it will have on my personality.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
ioscope said:
Should I try pot? Is it worth it? A few of my good friends do it, but I am concerned about health, and the effect it will have on my personality.
I wouldent.
Once you start its really hard to stop when theres trees in front of you. Its fun and all, but its not worth it...

Allthough tommorrow will be epic. Last day before hockey season starts. :love:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
ioscope said:

toke once in awhile, say at a tom petty show, or camping in the woods, maybe chilling after a long ride. Smoke the best weed you can get. The one-two toke herb leaves you inhaling almost no smoke, having little to no heath effects compared to a cancer stick. An occasional smoke wont effect your personality after your high wears off.

If i didnt have this alcoholic attraction to it, i would say without a doubt that the natural herb of the earth is awesome, and is good for the mind and soul.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
boostindoubles said:
toke once in awhile, say at a tom petty show, or camping in the woods, maybe chilling after a long ride. Smoke the best weed you can get. The one-two toke herb leaves you inhaling almost no smoke, having little to no heath effects compared to a cancer stick. An occasional smoke wont effect your personality after your high wears off.

If i didnt have this alcoholic attraction to it, i would say without a doubt that the natural herb of the earth is awesome, and is good for the mind and soul.
I agree with that. Try not to buy any, don't buy a piece. Assuming that the people you might toke with also drink, offer up some good beer in exchange. They'll probably say not to worry about it, but its good to at least make a gesture in my book.

I have never tried that or any other drugs, and never will. I'm too afraid of gettin' hooked like my brother, and he wonders why I'm the one with the bikes, and he's got nothin'! I also contribute my never trying it to growin' up with plenty of enemies doin' it, and havin' the attitude of: "Why would I ever want to look exactly like those pieces of $HIT I hate so much", Why would I want to sink to the same low as those I hate??? Besides, If I did that, I wouldn't have my bike, and would feel I had no reason to continue living...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Urban FR'er 666 said:
Why would I want to sink to the same low as those I hate???
Sounds like you already have. I can pretty much guarantee that these people you despise so much would probably still be arseholes even if they didn't smoke pot.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
$100 cake?! I am guessing a 1/4 of the diggity....I wish I had friends like you. :D

right now I have some Afgooey that rocks the world. The taste & smell is outta' sight. nice buzz too.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
TN said:
$100 cake?! I am guessing a 1/4 of the diggity....I wish I had friends like you. :D

right now I have some Afgooey that rocks the world. The taste & smell is outta' sight. nice buzz too.

Yep, its gooood too. First bite and you know its def not normal cake. The bud we threw in there is really fluffy, the quarter looked like a half easy.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
robdamanii said:
I really should take up this hobby again. Seems like I'm missing something in life.
You should. It's loads of fun and less expensive then buying bike parts

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
man i rode the train out to montana last week, spent about 20 hours sitting on the amtrack. I don't know if its because of the way i carry myself or what, but i spent two hours talking with a proffesional pot smuggler. he had about a pound and a half of some humboldt outdoor that he was treking out to idaho. After talking to him i think that all serious stoners should take a long hard look at moving to northern california. i mean DAMN! He was trying to get rid of the 68 lb's from his outdoor harvest and had stooped to selling lb's at 2 grand a piece. It was an interesting discussion to say the least. The only bummer was that his nugs were vaccum sealed 8 times, and i couldnt get a sample. :(

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yea, i think its the weight allowed per person under the prop 215 medical cards in cali. and just a small dent in the 68 pounds he had back at home...

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
boostindoubles said:
man i rode the train out to montana last week, spent about 20 hours sitting on the amtrack. I don't know if its because of the way i carry myself or what, but i spent two hours talking with a proffesional pot smuggler. he had about a pound and a half of some humboldt outdoor that he was treking out to idaho. After talking to him i think that all serious stoners should take a long hard look at moving to northern california. i mean DAMN! He was trying to get rid of the 68 lb's from his outdoor harvest and had stooped to selling lb's at 2 grand a piece. It was an interesting discussion to say the least. The only bummer was that his nugs were vaccum sealed 8 times, and i couldnt get a sample. :(
I met a guy like that in VT about 5 years ago. I was somewhat surprised at how open he was about what he did- cross the border into Quebec in a car, then hike stuff back trough the woods at night. He worked for a ski area that I was riding at. I destroyed a front wheel near the top and he gave me a ride down in a side-by-side 4 wheeler. He did have a sample super bud (looked to be ~.25) that he offered up for $30 but I had no cash.:(

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
I've always said they should outlaw alcohol and legalize pot!!

Reasoning: Anyone under the influence of alcohol has the potetntial to become an a$$hole. Anyone high on pot can always, no matter what, be calmed down with a bag of Dortios, a Pink Floyd CD, and a can of Grape Crush!!

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
So I've been smoking heavily for the past few months and I started to cough up some really chunky/gross crap. Time for a break... maybe time for a vaporizor?

Hungry_Hank

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
urban sprawl (orange county)
vapes are clutch.

however a break is never a bad idea, just to keep yourself in check. i take breaks every now and then just to make sure i dont get out of control, especially since i have an "addictive personality"... thanks for that one dad...

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Urban FR'er 666 said:
I have never tried that or any other drugs, and never will. I'm too afraid of gettin' hooked like my brother, and he wonders why I'm the one with the bikes, and he's got nothin'! I also contribute my never trying it to growin' up with plenty of enemies doin' it, and havin' the attitude of: "Why would I ever want to look exactly like those pieces of $HIT I hate so much", Why would I want to sink to the same low as those I hate??? Besides, If I did that, I wouldn't have my bike, and would feel I had no reason to continue living...
HAHAHAHAHAH

We had some club strudels this weekend and OOOOOH BOY

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
Hungry_Hank said:
vapes are clutch.

however a break is never a bad idea, just to keep yourself in check. i take breaks every now and then just to make sure i dont get out of control, especially since i have an "addictive personality"... thanks for that one dad...
If I don't take any other breaks in during the year...I always take a week off before 4/20...that way I can get super duper uper high on 4/20 for the whole day...

I love my vaporizer, but it seems that it takes me like an hour to even have a smoke sesh by myself...very time consuming at times...and it always gives me lung tickle attack like when I smoke hash or keefe topped bowls...my favorite is honey oil though...