Quantcast

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
Allot more people smoke pot then anyone realizes . Professionalls specifically. It's just the dumb-asses and slackers that advertise it.

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
i used to, my favorite was a bong, kinda fun to use, really fun if you are thrashed! i remember toking up and trying to ride around town, its so hard to do! if you are all wound up it can be pretty fun, but if you are just smoking to chill, its way too hard.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
valve bouncer said:
I'm not with this aggrorider dude but mate, be honest, smoking pot and driving is not a good idea. Don't kid yourself that you're in control. You're not. I'm a fine one to talk as I've driven stoned far too many times (although not recently) but I don't kid myself that it doesn't effect my driving. I think one or two bongs (depending on the pot) is probably like 2 or 3 beers, you're OK to drive...but if you've had a big session of evil gear don't even think about it.

hey man i agree! i guess i'm not saying that driving stoned is no different than driving sober. Its stupid. I think one of the stupidest things a stoner can do. Most of those stoned miles i've logged high were a couple years ago, when i was still a teenager. And there were times when i said nope, not gonna drive. Too high. I have smoked enough pot to have a good understanding of how it effects me, and know when i am kosher or not. and hell, i havent smoked in two months, and dont see myself smoking for a LONG time, so why i am even in this thread? :think:

Driving motor vehicles is best left to sober people.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
llkoolkeg said:
Niiiiice. :drool: To witness that, you'll have to climb ganja mountain with Chef Ra or trailblazer.
not a problem it's a new Rusty tour I am doing in 06

serious as chicken.........the tour begins in negril and goes two and a half hours S/E on the old oceanfront road to Tosh's Tomb and on the way back we stop by the plantation. Total tour is a full day. Not bad for $35. Z tells me i am nuts for losing money on the tour :nope:
I tell him I gained not lost. It's a free nights stay and I ride in J so who cares where i take "el tour de milo".
i guess i should scan some pics and post em up. That would be mouth watering.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
aggrorider said:
Omg, wtf is the matter w/ you people. I constantly think this sport is going into the skater crowd with the black clothing, chains and now to finalize it....pot. Of all things to get a buz on why pot? The **** is so bad for you and I don't care what you say. Do you guys like your image to come accross as stupid. I know a guy at a local bike shop that smokes pot quite often at 63 years of age and the guy is a dumbass. I mean really he knows nothing about the mechanics of a bike. I just don't see why you guys would waste such a good mind that our creater gave us. (I'm not preaching here) Plus one joint, blunt or whatever you guys do is so much worse for you than cigarettes. I know people personally that smoke weed and they are so much worse off heath wise at age 16(these kids have a cold and cough constantly) than my 63 year old grandmother than smokes cigarettes like a chimney. Just don't do it and that is my $0.02, Cah-Ching! :eviltongu
seriously FUC* OFF
i do not drink alcohol or do drugs but i do take part in natural foods.
I also do not jack a thread i dissagree with.
You also know nothing about herb and what it does and does not do.
that's my nickle doofus.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
aggrorider said:
Okay, now you guys are putting words into my mouth. The only reason this guy is a dumbass is because he smokes constantly and has tried other things. Think about it, if you are under the influence of pot you don't come off as being a mature inteligent person. Therefore, people get that impression. When you are not high you are what you are. So why do you guys feel that you need to smoke pot and still have the chance of people seeing you in a non-presentable condition. And yes I do get "Aggro" about this issue boostindoubles because I do not like seeing people when they are high. First off they eat all my food and second I feel very uncomfortable when they have no control over themselves and I have to watch out for them. Plus being a firefighter I see on so many occasions drug related misshaps so yeah it definitely upsets me. I have seen very scary things and well I get touchy about it. Sorry if I upset some people and I apologize if I did. Just a touchy subject.
ya we are touchy...you call herb a DRUG and it is not.
it is not on a par with crack or meth..alcohol is though.
It is not a "stepping stone to other drugs" your friends and enemies are. SO FAR NO ONE ON EATRH HAS DIED FROM AN OVERDOSE OF THC.

Studies show that herbalists are carefull drivers who are more courteous and carefull and do not speed. They get less tickets and cause less accidents. Based on those facts if I ever drive I am demanding a reduced rate. Hell I earned it. :)

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
As far as driving, I don't mind just cruisin, but heavy traffic is overwhelming to me when I'm stoned. There is def a limit as far as driving, if you're smoking lots for the purpose of getting really messed up, its not a good idea. I don't see anything wrong with driving after a bowl or 2 or a spliff though. If I'm straight to ride I'll drive, but theres a limit for both.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
i read it all. ya you do mind and that is why you said it. Suck it up
you
have
been
served

and you said that it's a drug again like you go to BUSH USC.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
aggrorider said:
Dude read my other posts on this thread before you flip a sh*t on me. Jeeze, if you go back a page of two you will find why I am agianst the drug. I don't mind people that do it but I just have no interest in the stuff. (I find this in all the other biking forums I'm in. Please people read posts before you act)
Dude, you posted a flaming post in the middle of the pot thread. You couldn't have been a bigger douch had you tried. In addition you have no idea about that which you speak of. You regurgitate whatever your DARE education and the handy pamphlets you got from the doctors office told you without bothering to check facts, think about what you read, or (most importantly) MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Here's a few quick facts for you:

There are currently NO documented cases of cancer being caused by smoking pot

There is no way to overdose from ingesting pot.

There are many many teachers, scientists, doctors, lawyers, etc who smoke.

And lastly, as only one example: I know a person who smokes daily, has since they were 15. And what has this loser done with their life? Well, they have a PHD from Yale in Statistical Genetics and currently works as a researcher at UCLA isolating the gene that causes autism. This persons work, should it prove fruitful, will be in line for a Nobel prize.

So next time you think you know everything and want to tell everyone else about how wrong they are try turning that microscope on yourself. I am sure it will expose flaws much greater than our own pot induced faults. Now go back to the lounge and mind your own business.

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Okay I am sorry for what I did now will you people stop busting my balls. I stopped talking about this subject a page or so back, but you guys are the ones who keep on bringing it up. I was the one willing to stop and I have. Now please end this small subject. And on a side note I am not saying ALL pot smoking people are stupid. I had a teacher last year that smoked pot on a regular bases and he is one of the smartest people I know. But you have to admit that with anything and everything that is SMOKED there has got to be some small side effects. Okay now I have ended my stay in this thread please drop what I have said and proceed with whatever you wish.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
aggrorider said:
Okay I am sorry for what I did now will you people stop busting my balls. I stopped talking about this subject a page or so back, but you guys are the ones who keep on bringing it up. I was the one willing to stop and I have. Now please end this small subject. And on a side note I am not saying ALL pot smoking people are stupid. I had a teacher last year that smoked pot on a regular bases and he is one of the smartest people I know. But you have to admit that with anything and everything that is SMOKED there has got to be some small side effects. Okay now I have ended my stay in this thread please drop what I have said and proceed with whatever you wish.
Hang out, stay a while... have a smoke...

Sorry to get so harsh on you but you have to understand that you are not the first person to try and throw down the gauntlet. It's get's tiring after a while. Sorry if I was unduly harsh.
narlus said:
interesting semantics...what makes a "drug" a "drug"? chemical synthesis? further processing?
I think he is differentiating between the two by the amount of processing. The herb itself isn't a drug, but the THC contained within IS a drug. The poppy flower isn't a drug, but the products produced are drugs (heroin, morphine, etc). That's how I am reading it anyway.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
narlus said:
interesting semantics...what makes a "drug" a "drug"? chemical synthesis? further processing?
George Bush
a drug is manufactured, not harvisted.
gimme a break and let us enjoy this thread.
I sincerely apologize to all my bretheren and followers of His Majesy, Field Marshall, General HIS. for my outburst yesterday by the non believer.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
trailblazer said:
George Bush
a drug is manufactured, not harvisted.
gimme a break and let us enjoy this thread.
I sincerely apologize to all my bretheren and followers of His Majesy, Field Marshall, General HIS. for my outburst yesterday by the non believer.
i'm not trolling, just asking a question. so would psylocibin mushrooms or peyote buttons not be considered drugs?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ciaran said:
There is no way to overdose from ingesting pot.

mm.... i suppose if someone who had only toked once or twice in their life took an ounce of bubble hash and condensed it down into one space cake, and that space cake was swallowed down with a hefty glass of bhang, followed by the requisite bong toke of tasty greens, that within the hour that person would probably be having an out-of-mind experience. Maybe an overdose could be achieved. But Not for the weathered toker. just newbies. :p

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
aggrorider said:
taking back what I said
there are no do-overs in life. I said what I felt and feel no remorse.
Like I previously stated this is an herb fest and there is no room for negativity of any kind. The idea of herb is chilling...not grilling.

what irks me the most is the missconception of what herb does.
The only fact about the bad that it causes has been documented and it is panic attacks in later life. I think of the good it does and that is huge.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
trailblazer said:
Like I previously stated this is an herb fest and there is no room for negativity of any kind. The idea of herb is chilling...not grilling.
<snip>
I think of the good it does and that is huge.
Dear Lord... do you believe this stuff? Are you actually convinced down to the core of your soul that weed does a lot of "good" in a large, humanitarian sense? This thread has "no room for negativity of any kind" - as in, a discussion? A discussion involves positive and negative opinions.

I've smoked my fair share, though I don't anymore, but sometimes I can't believe that people actually convince themselves of some of this stuff...

As far as the definition of a drug goes, you're badly deluded if you don't think pot is a drug.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
thank you bbbbbbbbbbbbbinary vision for your eye opening vision. now shut the hell up. Glad you quit. There is more for those who respect it. You guys can not smoke cause you treat it like a drug and never got it and never will.
aggro.........you keep throwing the ball and feeding the fire.
WTF do you expect.. a red carpet.The redeaming features of your text are the words Sinister Bikes

somehow Narlius I missed that gateway and never entered the drug-hazed hell of coke/smack/meth/tobbacco/alcohol and other party favours. I guess I did something wrong.

you both sound like Barbara Bush. A lifetime abuser .....and her coked up prez of a hubby.

both of you cats need to stick to beer.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
binary visions said:
Dear Lord... do you believe this stuff? Are you actually convinced down to the core of your soul that weed does a lot of "good" in a large, humanitarian sense? This thread has "no room for negativity of any kind" - as in, a discussion? A discussion involves positive and negative opinions.

I've smoked my fair share, though I don't anymore, but sometimes I can't believe that people actually convince themselves of some of this stuff...

As far as the definition of a drug goes, you're badly deluded if you don't think pot is a drug.
Personally the only reason I am agains this discussion taking place here in this thread is because most of us who post here already know the dangers of the drug and accept it. We have also heard these same arguments over and over. At this point I think most of us would rather chat about how nice our current stash is or about the great ride we had and the great chill session at the top than get into yet another stalemate discussion about the great evils of pot.

At this point there really is nothing new that either side can contribute to the discussion. We've already agreed to disagree, nothing more needs to be said.

Edit: Pot has the *potential* to do good things in society/for humanity. It's current status prevents us from reaping those benefits.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ciaran said:
Personally the only reason I am agains this discussion taking place here in this thread is because most of us who post here already know the dangers of the drug and accept it.
Good point. I guess I'd only say that, given that the arguments against pot have been said over and over again, people who come into the thread with arguements should be ignored instead of argued with. The arguments for pot remain the same as well.

Edit: Pot has the *potential* to do good things in society/for humanity. It's current status prevents us from reaping those benefits.
Okay, well, there are some benefits medicinally, in that it's a drug with some very positive effects on patients without a significant addictive quality. In that, I agree that it should be legalized for medical use. However, I don't buy that recreational use, which is what we're talking about here, is any great boon for mankind. I don't think it's any worse than alcohol by any stretch, but it's not like mankind has improved with the advent of alcohol.

Note that I'm not even saying it shouldn't be legalized, just that the only good reasons that I can see for legalizing it are that it's no worse than alcohol and could be a great source of tax income for the government.

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
I'm not a huge pot smoker, but the few times I've done it I've enjoyed it. I've heard many of my friends cough their asses off during times where a joint is 2 hours away. Thick/flem (sp?) coughs too. thats the main reason I stay away- is the cough common with everyone?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
in my opinion most pot available commerically is sub-par. Its grown by people who dont care about the end product of the herb, just the end profit of the $$. So they feed their plants ****y chemical ferts and don't flush the fertilizers out at harvest. That means that the nasty chemicals are still in the buds when their being dried. It wouldnt be so bad if they gave the buds a nice long dry followed by an even longer curing period, but they sell their harvest wet even. SO then its being thrown out into the market chock full of chlorophyll and chemicals. In most everyones opinion, even after its been dried out, its a very harsh nasty smoke. Lots of coughing.

The alternative is a supremely grown organic bud that has seen a slow dry and at least a month or more longer glass jar cure. The slow dry and cure allow the chlorophyll to break down into sugars enhancing flavor/ odor. The only problem is you basically have to either be lucky or have the ins with a grower to be able to aquire this sort of ganja.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
binary visions said:
Note that I'm not even saying it shouldn't be legalized, just that the only good reasons that I can see for legalizing it are that it's no worse than alcohol and could be a great source of tax income for the government.
That and hypocracy.
To quote 'Withnail and I': "Why trust one drug but not another?".

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
boostindoubles said:
The alternative is a supremely grown organic bud that has seen a slow dry and at least a month or more longer glass jar cure. The slow dry and cure allow the chlorophyll to break down into sugars enhancing flavor/ odor. The only problem is you basically have to either be lucky or have the ins with a grower to be able to aquire this sort of ganja.
Now you are speaking my language. :drool:

What some people dont (will never) understand is, kind bud can be enjoyed like a fine wine, hand crafted micro-brew, single malt scotch, good coffee, etc.... Sometimes it is about the hard work & top notch genetics in a plant. Good kind with an exceptional nose, complex flavor profile & senses enhancing buzz is no different...except it has a puritan stigma attached to it.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
TN...that is dope.
ya if you smoke biker pot or pot that is full of nutrients/chem/fertalizer and has not been finalized with a flushing process then you will gag.

like a fine wine or a hand crafted cuban...that is my choice and the rest is shi*

and
moderation

to re-cap......i do not ingest alcohol of any kind. I do not do drugs.
No halucinagens or other chems.
and i am opinionated as hell.

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
trailblazer said:
TN...that is dope.
ya if you smoke biker pot or pot that is full of nutrients/chem/fertalizer and has not been finalized with a flushing process then you will gag.

like a fine wine or a hand crafted cuban...that is my choice and the rest is shi*

and
moderation

to re-cap......i do not ingest alcohol of any kind. I do not do drugs.
No halucinagens or other chems.
and i am opinionated as hell.

I am opiated as well :blah: :eviltongu :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Yeah! This thread is for praise of haze- not foppish and puff-chested peacockery! Save it for the political forum.

What I have enjoyed most recently is an early-finishing outdoor indica grown locally in Western VA. It was a bit damp(I hate water-vending greedos) but was still minty fresh. It looked to have been harvested the week before and was still quite tacky. Anyhow, after another week of open/closed mason jar curing(and 20% weight loss), the stems snapped crisply while the material remained plush and uncrumbly. Overall, it was of decent lineage, average-for-kind crystalization(...then again, it was outdoor organic), good manicure, nice taste, moderate pungency, superior density, heavy couchlock buzz and completely sin semillas. Had it been dried and cured properly before acquisition, it would have been $100/qtr dub. Sold prematurely as it had been, $80/qtr would have been a more fair price. Better to buy slightly damp K than almost any seeded fill, but such unscrupulous water-sellers should at least throw in an additional 2-3 gms per qtr to offset evaporation.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
yay...back on topic.......just tasted some outdoor bubble gum.
yummy..locally grown,
and
BC outdoor...extreemly sweet.
all around 70/q CDN.
gee wiz i love that harvest moon.

hey LL.....there is a new version of sling ting featuring sizzla...beeenie..and a huge crew. must be heard.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
its pretty difficult. I you dont want to feel like crap it takes a while

fist you have to melt some butter with pot in it and let it sit for a long time.

then you take the pot out of the butter

then you can use the butter in anythig

I suggest oatmeal haha even though smoking is still the best way

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
the possibitlites are endless. i've eaten so many different ganja snacks. Some of my favorites were the ganja creamcheese rolls, and the blueberry muffins. The strangest was the bisquits and gravy

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
down in jamaica my friend has a thatch that sells ganga tea and mushroom tea. I allways have a giggle when I ride by on a morning training run and see the mushroom tea 4 sale plackard from afar.
I have made the best brownies using the second last screen from the bubble hash. The particulate is perfect and mixes great.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
MMmmmm.........Huckleberry:drool: Just a few more hours

Anyone seen my Cheez-Its?