Quantcast

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Ahhhh... I see now. I am more concerned with the crap that comes with smoke than the crap from the lighter. Any carbon based smoke is not good for your lungs, which is why I am interisted in the vaporizor. If you have a chance to try one, I highly recommend the Volcano.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Ciaran said:
Ahhhh... I see now. I am more concerned with the crap that comes with smoke than the crap from the lighter. Any carbon based smoke is not good for your lungs, which is why I am interisted in the vaporizor. If you have a chance to try one, I highly recommend the Volcano.
I think that is part of the point of the solar method. You are distilling/boiling off the "good stuff", not burning it.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Ciaran said:
Can you explain more on the solar puffing.

And the volcano is FAR from crap, man. It's seriously overpriced, I will say that. But it was more efficient than smoking, and tasted sooooo much better. Of course if you have a better, cheaper solution I am all for it. Always open to try new things.
we first tried a 'cano in Amsterdam & HOLLY CHIT! it rocked our world. The taste was just as good as the moon shot buzz it gives you.

now we vape Volcano style but on the cheaper tip. We have a variable temp heat gun & a valve set from the Volcano & it works just as good as the 'cano. Vaping will blow your mind if done correctly. we love it & it is not terrible for your lungs.....& did I mention it'll send you to the moon? :D

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
Yea, the volcano is not crap, but over priced. All you need is one of those sheet magnifiers. It doesn't work with small lenses.

like one of these

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
TN said:
we first tried a 'cano in Amsterdam & HOLLY CHIT! it rocked our world. The taste was just as good as the moon shot buzz it gives you.

now we vape Volcano style but on the cheaper tip. We have a variable temp heat gun & a valve set from the Volcano & it works just as good as the 'cano. Vaping will blow your mind if done correctly. we love it & it is not terrible for your lungs.....& did I mention it'll send you to the moon? :D
That's what I thought when I tried it. It's one of those pivotal points in your smoking career. Like the first time you tried a bong and realized that you'll never use a pipe again, or the time you realized that glass was where it's at and never went back to plastic.

That Volcano rocked me world. When I can afford a vaporizor I am getting one and will likely send the glass bong with the ice pinch into retirement.

I am going to give the solar dealie a try and see if I can get it to work without burning.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Unless you are just completely overstocked, vaporizors are better used on commercial stuff than KB. Yeah it tastes cool...almost menthol-like, but it is a less efficient medium for toking and it homogenizes the distinctly different flavors of primo herbals. There is simply no better tool for tasting and fully appreciating good ganj than a glass steamroller(or ceramic chillum) or a fine hemp rolling paper. Smoking high-quality cannabis consistently through a vaporizer is like drinking Drambuie from an ice-filled dixie cup through a crazy straw. It does not get you any higher than smoking a similar amount unfiltered...although is does hit you a bit differently. Once you get past the novelty and the errant notion that you're somehow saving your lungs, your vaporizer will be broken out mostly to impress visiting newbs or to make lower quality buddage taste less harsh. Probably the vaporizer's greatest(and least known) contribution to the toking world is it's ability to confer a nice high from lesser-quality leaf trim that would otherwise have to baked into something or processed into hash oil.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Smoke (any smoke) is bad for your lungs. Vaporizors produce little to no smoke. What's so hard to figure out?

I tried a vaporizor and liked the taste and smoothness. Sounds like more then a novelty to me.

I don't like joints. I hate smoking paper... andy paper.

It's all personal preference.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Ciaran said:
Smoke (any smoke) is bad for your lungs. Vaporizors produce little to no smoke. What's so hard to figure out?

I tried a vaporizor and liked the taste and smoothness. Sounds like more then a novelty to me.

I don't like joints. I hate smoking paper... any paper.

It's all personal preference.
True, but vaporizing cannabis is still unhealthy and introduces thousands of likely harmful compounds into your system...and without the drying effect of smoke so that the humid, sticky resins are more likely to coat your lungs. Bottom line- if you buy a vaporizer on the touted "health" hype, you might as well invest in a sleep number bed while guzzling diet Coke.

I understand; lots of people don't like joints even though they provide the best ratio of psychoactives:carcinogenics.

I think vaporizers are cool devices also, having owned and experimented with several models myself. They are very inefficient, however, and better suited to herb that doesn't taste all that great in the first place. Once you're paying $100+/quarter for connoiseur dub, though, it filters out much of the good taste that differentiates quality nug. Once you get into double-digit %s of THC, the cure, manicure, calyx:leaf ratio, ripeness, capitate-stalked:bulbous trichome ratio, etc. are what connoiseurs pay for. You just cannot effectively differentiate between good strains when using a vaporizer. Check out a Cannabis Cup some upcoming Thanksgiving and see for yourself how easy it is to rate different potent strains with that particular tool.

Vaporizing world-class cannabis is like making boilermakers by dropping a shot of Maker's Mark into a cup of Coors Light...or auditioning fine loudspeakers with earmuffs on. Not to say I didn't go vapocrazy from time-to-time in Amsterdam or during college when I had plenty of K sitting around to blow through, but giving up glass for a vaporizer is like giving up the pils glass for a plastic beer bong...or dumping A1 on a filet mignon, which personal preference surely leads some to do.

Not trying to give you grief or anything, but I believe some of your statements regarding vaporizers overstated the facts, most likely in the glow of enthusiasm rather than any deliberate intention to do so.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
when i smoke, i just try to smoke the most potent weed possible. One-two tokes and i am ripped off my ass. i figure thats better for me than settling on some fat blunt/joint or half gram bong load.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
boostindoubles said:
when i smoke, i just try to smoke the most potent weed possible. One-two tokes and i am ripped off my ass. i figure thats better for me than settling on some fat blunt/joint or half gram bong load.
True dat! Just make sure you don't fall into a habit-induced rut and start smoking just to smoke. For a while there, I started toking just as much of the dank as I had been the mexi that preceeded it. My tolerance rapidly adapted to the greater % THC and I soon realized that it no longer took just a couple tokes to get me where I wanted to be. No matter how potent the K, if you burn it night & day without delay, it affects you no more than hay. To this day, I'm still questing perhaps vainly for an exception to the rule "all things in moderation". :think:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
deweydude said:
Wow this guys a friggen poet !!
How stoned you have to get to come with that one ? :blah: :D
Stoned as a judge...a very dry, sober judge I weep to report. I pretty much now only indulge on the weekends, and only "with a little help from my friends". The good thing about having been a generous player in the game for 20 years is that I've had the opportunity to make many such friends who are not at all reluctant to cover my participation whenever I'm able to attend a session. :devil:

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
if you only need a few hits cause you are smoking chronic then it's a wash.
And.....you can burn through an oz in a vaporizer in a few hours

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Its best to keep the pot smoking moderated, in order to control tolerance levels and to get work done during the day. The one-two toke high is best after i take an extended break from smoking, and then when i start again only toking in small amounts every couple days, with multiple day breaks. Last time i got high was around two months ago, and i had a dub sack of some seattle kind that lasted me 8 days plus burning out some friends. I think this is the longest stretch of clean time i've had in 3 years :think:

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
I like to smoke out of my bat, since the bowl is tiny. If I keep it to one or two of those bowls a day, it stays fun. Once I start getting blazed a ton its never unique, and I get tired more often. Less keeps your tolerance down, once it starts taking me more to get high, its quitting time for a few days. I like to conserve, my last eighth lasted me 8 days smoking daily. I'm working on a few grams of misty I picked up the other day....tasty, very buzzy, wired high.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
it's all good brothers and sisters. It's comming up to 2pm and that means i am out a here in 2 so at 4:20 i will be talking to ras. I have just had the longest 3 days of riding as i was without a day off for 5 weeks. Just an hour or so whenever I could so the weekend was mesmerizing. I must say that having ganga every few hours for the past days on the trail really rocked.
Even better....when we apexed the switchback climb to where all the fun is :D and sat on the bench at the doobitorium 5 riders rode up during our "giving thanx session" and lit their own.
There we were at the lookout swapping tales and spliffs. Then one cat says...hey dude...are you madman?...looks at the spliff and said....wow.
At first I thought he was glad to meet me....meh.....it was the bud.
Now we are all buds and plan a ride next weekend.

legalize it-don't criticize it
legalize it...ya....and i will advertise it.

some call it tampee
some call it the weed
some call it marijuana
some of them call it ganga

legalize it...ya...ya....and i will advertise it.

singer smoke it
and players of instrument too
legalize it, yeah, yeah
that's the best thing you can do
doctors smoke it
nurses smoke it
judges smoke it
even the lawyers too

so..you got to legalize it-don't criticize it
legalize it and i will advertise it

it's good for the flu
it's good for asthma
good for tuberculosis
even umpara composis

legalize it and i wuill advertise it

bird eat it
and they leave it
fouls eat it
goats love to play with it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
running into people who are with pot, while you are with, and sharing bowls is always an interesting time.

last line on that Tosh tune..."goats love to play with it" lol

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
boostindoubles said:
running into people who are with pot, while you are with, and sharing bowls is always an interesting time.

last line on that Tosh tune..."goats love to play with it" lol
For sure, We were chillin on the top of a ski lift at night one time at snowshoe and two dudes come out of the woods all giggling and we matched a bowl. All stoners think alike, thats why we find the same sweet spots to get high.

It happened again the other night while we were riding in the hood. We chill at this pond and two random guys walk down there and match us.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
amen T-Pirate. we were at the top of blue, here in onterrible, and at the picnic table it was crowded. :dancing: seems like 1/2 the hill was there giving thanx

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
got a definite Sativa right now. She smells like a haze & is very light green, big round airy buds & a spectacular 'UP' high buzz. I love dozia like this but it is a little too racey for a night cap. I need a variety, it is the spice of life.:D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it was meant as a sly innuendo towards the activity random gay men do in public parks.

any boston-area mountainbiker who's been in the Fells knows what i am talking about.

jokes are never funny when spelled out. :think: ;)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
TN said:
got a definite Sativa right now. She smells like a haze & is very light green, big round airy buds & a spectacular 'UP' high buzz. I love dozia like this but it is a little too racey for a night cap. I need a variety, it is the spice of life.:D
Niiiiice. :drool: I love a good sinse-sativa but most growers don't bother due to its comparative inefficiency...unless, of course, you're producing outside in an equatorial region. To witness that, you'll have to climb ganja mountain with Chef Ra or trailblazer.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
narlus said:
it was meant as a sly innuendo towards the activity random gay men do in public parks.

any boston-area mountainbiker who's been in the Fells knows what i am talking about.

jokes are never funny when spelled out. :think: ;)
Bwahahahahaha!!! I dodn't see the original comment but in the last 12 months I have been promositioned there and seen 1 dude performing a Lewinsky on another. I don't know if it is outright prostitution or kinky thrills but one corner of the Fells is a regular old meat market. F'ing wierd to pass through it. On a bike is one thing but when my friends and I go fishing there (in a LEGAL pond) its just wierd. Especially when we are walking from the cars back to the pond after having dropped off out gear and parked. Its ~10 minute walk. The place is just weird. I wish the cops would do something about it. It would be just as bad if it was hetero. I don't care what anybody does in private but please don't do it places that families frequent.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
^
image? are you serious? you obviously havent been paying attention. Most of the people in this thread dont come across as stupid & a lot are professional adults and you are basing your opinion on 1 person, who, i am betting, is a born dumb ass.

people are the way they are, because that is who they are, not because they smoke pot.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
feeling abit aggro this morning eh, aggrorider?

of all things to get a buzz on, why pot?
i would rather pick up a glass bong than a beer mug, anyday. I have never woken up after a night of smoking grass wondering who i pissed off and what girls i hit on, or how i picked up the tickets from the police. Or why my clothes are in shambles, or why there is dried puke in my hair. only with booze man.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
aggrorider said:
And yes I do get "Aggro" about this issue boostindoubles because I do not like seeing people when they are high. First off they eat all my food and second I feel very uncomfortable when they have no control over themselves and I have to watch out for them. Plus being a firefighter I see on so many occasions drug related misshaps so yeah it definitely upsets me. I have seen very scary things and well I get touchy about it. Sorry if I upset some people and I apologize if I did. Just a touchy subject.
first off, I dont think anyone is upset & if they are, they haven't posted yet.

secondly, how many pot related mishaps have you seen?

And finally...the bold part cracked me up almost to the point of me ROFLMAO.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Well I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take anymore! Oh wait, thats not true at all. I just put in a very intellegent, productive, and intelligent day. I studied trade imbalances, political economy, and international strategic managemnt. Tomorrow its international finance and the economics of international trade. I even got a ride in. And about 5 minutes ago I rewrded myself for a job well done. I'm off for another Harpoon IPA, the greatest beer ever crafted.

To each his own.

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
TN said:

secondly, how many pot related mishaps have you seen?

And finally...the bold part cracked me up almost to the point of me ROFLMAO.
I have seen probably about 2-3 incidents where some kids have had parites and decide to drive home after drinking and smoking and have gotten into accidents. Pretty bad stuff and it made it even worse because I go to school with them.

All I have to say is NICE! to the second part of your post.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
hey i didnt put any words in your mouth. and its hard to upset a bunch of potheads, were generally pretty laidback.

As far as kids getting into drunken accidents, it happens. The fact that they were smoking plays little role in their decision to get DRUNK and drive. I have logged 1000's of miles stoned out of my mind, and never had an accident. But in the less than 30 miles i've driven drunk, i've had two accidents. One in the mountains where i drove off a cliff in switch backs, and one doing doughnuts in the snow at 4 am. Both cost me about $2000 and should have also been DUI's. One could have killed my best friend. Thats why i dont drink n drive.

The only bad thing about smoking and driving is that your basically trapping yourself in a box that reeks of weed, and can get pulled over by the police at anytime. A very stupid idea, imo.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
boostindoubles said:
hey i didnt put any words in your mouth. and its hard to upset a bunch of potheads, were generally pretty laidback.

As far as kids getting into drunken accidents, it happens. The fact that they were smoking plays little role in their decision to get DRUNK and drive. I have logged 1000's of miles stoned out of my mind, and never had an accident. But in the less than 30 miles i've driven drunk, i've had two accidents. One in the mountains where i drove off a cliff in switch backs, and one doing doughnuts in the snow at 4 am. Both cost me about $2000 and should have also been DUI's. One could have killed my best friend. Thats why i dont drink n drive.

The only bad thing about smoking and driving is that your basically trapping yourself in a box that reeks of weed, and can get pulled over by the police at anytime. A very stupid idea, imo.
I'm not with this aggrorider dude but mate, be honest, smoking pot and driving is not a good idea. Don't kid yourself that you're in control. You're not. I'm a fine one to talk as I've driven stoned far too many times (although not recently) but I don't kid myself that it doesn't effect my driving. I think one or two bongs (depending on the pot) is probably like 2 or 3 beers, you're OK to drive...but if you've had a big session of evil gear don't even think about it.

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Like I said, this is a touchy subject for me because being a firefighter and seeing some kids that I go to school with wrecked in a car accident has just made me hate the stuff. These kids got messed up bad. They know what they did and hopefully they have stopped doing what they are doing. I wouldn't know because I just recently changed schools.