Quantcast

Musical chair game 2016 or Teh offseason prophecy

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I might be reaching here but that SoCal to germany comic is probably Gwin.

He is currently here in our town doing some crazy publicity thing for Redbull on the steepest st in the world. My guess is an actual Redbull team...some other ppl are involved (cars & boards which is kinda odd) but the timing seems right...gotta sneak out tonight and see what rig he is on...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

He is currently here in our town doing some crazy publicity thing for Redbull on the steepest st in the world. My guess is an actual Redbull team...some other ppl are involved (cars & boards which is kinda odd) but the timing seems right...gotta sneak out tonight and see what rig he is on...
i just saw that too. a few of the people i keep in touch with in Pgh do the dirty dozen, and that hill is on the course.

and regarding the other sports thing, looks like they're building with dirt now, and will eventually be bringing in snow?!?!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

he keeps thanking redbull in all of his posts...not specialized nor anybody else.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I was wondering the same about Audi.

Would seem odd to do any type of press release on a cobblestone street with snow on it though...

They are laying dirt down now...

Sep 11, 2015

Trek's HQ isn't in Germany, is it? ;)

Looking forward to seeing how the Audi/Redbull thing turns out.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Gwin to redbull/ not YT but AUDI -> which is also in germany, as main sponsors.
what bike? (spez demo c). Audi has bikes but i doubt it.

Remember ages ago Trek/volkswagen.

nowadays, just stalk athletes's instawots and twits to give you easter eggs/ hidden messages.

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Sorry excuses for being uneducated, geographically challenged isolationists. I demand that all American school children know the exact locations of Ingolstadt and Forchheim by grade 4 at the latest.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Since there are also other athletes of Redbull there (Heikki Sorsa for example), I think they will do some sort of "land of the quattro" advertisement.
Maybe all these athletes get an RS6 or Q7 too.:brows:

Edit: Matthias Ekström (race car driver for Audi) and Bene Mayr (freeskier) are there too.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
If Audi is looking for some good stair hucks in pittsburgh, they're in the wrong place entirely. Should have talked to me beforehand. I have a masters degree in pittsburgh stair hucking.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Richie Rude is a goddamn space ninja with his hyper-cryptic instagram posts. He's on an unlabeled white road bike, I can't find it anywhere on the intertubes, then a rear shot where you can barely see what looks like a Scott, then a front on shot where you can only see a fat carbon downtube. I love it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Richie Rude is a goddamn space ninja with his hyper-cryptic instagram posts. He's on an unlabeled white road bike, I can't find it anywhere on the intertubes, then a rear shot where you can barely see what looks like a Scott, then a front on shot where you can only see a fat carbon downtube. I love it.
unlabeled white road bike - looks sorta like an ARC hardtail. might be a one off from yeti, an arc built as a roadie, or maybe he's got the freedom to ride whatever damn road bike he wants since yeti doesn't make one.

scott? who knows.

from what i can gather he has been testing a switch version of a DH bike. he raced an early alu proto of it at crankworx a few years back. i know he's ridden an sb6c built as a DH bike, but if you look around there are pics of it marked prototype.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
unlabeled white road bike - looks sorta like an ARC hardtail. might be a one off from yeti, an arc built as a roadie, or maybe he's got the freedom to ride whatever damn road bike he wants since yeti doesn't make one.
someone asked if it was a SB Road C and he seemed to say yes..or was being facetious

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
someone asked if it was a SB Road C and he seemed to say yes..or was being facetious
first thing i checked was if it was an ARC. TT looks very similar, seat/chain stays dont. may be a proto. it is offseason, could very well be testing protos :clue:

they have made road and even cyclocross bikes in the past, bmx race frames too.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

looks like a spacalack tarmac from 2014. doesn't really mean anything, since yeti probably isn't going to make a custom carbon mold so he can train on a road bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
few things to consider -

when yeti changed ownership and revised their business / production models, stuff got trimmed (road, bmx, and eventually the DH bike). they really seem to have their core (and current) offerings nailed down, so it may be time for them to start getting other offerings onto the market. for instance we've seen some clear signs they're working on a DH bike. wouldn't surprise me if a road or cross bike were far behind.

also, when they made their cross bike, it was originally a limited run just for employees. once they were out in the wild, they quickly discovered there was enough demand and did a production run.