Quantcast

Musical chair game 2016 or Teh offseason prophecy

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Anyway......I hope it at least means he makes into some announcing booths. That guy literally knows everyone, and everything in dh.
^^^THIS. I think he'd be the perfect compliment to Claudio's course previews. Follow cams and shenanigans for dayz!!!

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
As long as Ratty is holding it down for the party squad, there's still hope in this sport.
Let's hope Hill gets back on the podium and Sam Dale or the Masters get regularly in the top 5 aswell.
:headbang:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Totally.

Come on. He's literally the only guy still competing (yes competitively) at that level that has been doing it since the existence of downhill racing. Plus he's a down to earth personable guy who'd been a pretty good ambassador for this sport that whole time. And he's now quitting. That kind of sucks. In many ways because it further signals the evolution of dh from the rowdy party boy with talent 90s, to the inevitable AMA supercross souless podium robot.

End of an era with that guy leaving. You know I'm no gushing fan boi of anyone. But I can at least see some significance in this particular retirement.

Anyway......I hope it at least means he makes into some announcing booths. That guy literally knows everyone, and everything in dh.
I'm with you, just surprised at the response ... this has been coming for some time. How long has DH not been a rowdy party boy scene... for a while now.

Now time to reminisce about the old days jumping over campfires in the [insert-venue-name-here] parking lot.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Just wait until Warner retires and gets replaced by the crankworks guy.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
^^^THIS. I think he'd be the perfect compliment to Claudio's course previews. Follow cams and shenanigans for dayz!!!
What I'd love to see for at least one of Claudio's previews this year is Claudio leading and being followed down by Wyn with the camera giving running commentary.
I think that would be hysterically funny! :D

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I've got the inside track. I'm like an industry insider, I get all my relevant news from facebook tag lines, spammy twitter feeds, and a general lack of knowledge. Don't tempt me, I'll also let the cat out of the bag and let you know that peaty is gonna retire.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Loic will be riding a Lapierre in the e-fatbike enduro world series.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Dirt Race Team and Orange Bikes Part Ways

http://dirtmountainbike.com/news/dirt-race-team-and-orange-bikes-part-ways.html#CUKsedfGI1ZG0iR2.97

"“It’s a sad day to move on from this partnership with Orange but all good things must come to an end and it seems now is that time for the Dirt team and Orange bikes. Fortunately we haven’t been short on options and we will let that cat out of the bag soon enough with our future sponsors and riders. You can only do so much when trying to keep a lid on these things and knowing how fast news travels these days I’d be surprised if a few sneakies don’t already know, you guys might even know more about our deal than me!”"