Quantcast

Musical chair game 2016 or Teh offseason prophecy

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Well, it's the offseason again.:doh:
And so the carousell starts spinning.

• Blenkinsop back to Lapierre? Bruni mentioned to be in one team with him again next year.
  • Gwins contract is up. What will his letter of intent tell to Specialized?
  • Will the Syndicate form the Superlative Syndicate?
Is teamrumors still getting sued? If not, please help us out.
I seriously hope all the big names will stay healthy during off season and charging hard next season.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Bruni and Blenki on new super team. Blenki leaving Lapiere then going back does not make sense
and blenki as reported struggles with the current Lapierre dh bike.

Intense wants to podium their dh bike.They want to sign up a top 5 WC racer,
and there were talks with bruni, this was last year but it did not happen..
(was put on hold and waited for the carbonz bike?)

or hire Gwin if available.

is crc and Hill parting ways?

is peaty retiring/leaving to open a spot.

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Bruni and Blenki on new super team. Blenki leaving Lapiere then going back does not make sense
and blenki as reported struggles with the current Lapierre dh bike.

Intense wants to podium their dh bike.They want to sign up a top 5 WC racer,
and there were talks with bruni, this was last year but it did not happen..
(was put on hold and waited for the carbonz bike?)

or hire Gwin if available.

is crc and Hill parting ways?

is peaty retiring/leaving to open a spot.

* Gwin and Tim Tebow to form Team Jeebus (they will ride crabon based donkeys)

* I'd be surprised if CRC let Hill go, as he showed some flashes of his 2014 brilliance towards the end this season, but was clearly holding back due to his recent injury (IMO). Like Peat or Brendog, he's an icon and reps the product well, whether he's winning or not.

* If I was a betting man, I'd also wager Peat will hang on another year, as it sounded like he's anxious to get back on it and "go out on his own terms". Who knows tho, he's like JBP old and apparently needs to spend some time learning how differentiate between single malt and blended scotches.

* I guess Neko and Brendog are staying put with Scott based on some of Claudios comments, but I'd guess he'll be expecting bigger things from at least Neko next year if not Brendog as well (who I thought made significant progress towards actually becoming a true podium threat).

* Wonder about Simmonds with Trek given he had a pretty off year. I can only assume they were tired of seeing a lot of Demos and V10s on the top step, with I think only one podium from Brook.

* I hope someone picks up Ragot as the team physio!:brows:

* Is Crimmins stepping up to elites next season? If so, same team?

* Luca Shaw is also someone who I thought showed a lot of promise given his maiden voyage into elites, maybe a big(ger) name will grab him.

* Wyn to someone, anyone other than Bulls? I'm guessing Eddie is set at Bergamont given they got a new DH rig in the works.

* I still don't think anyone will pick up Trumbullhucker :monkey:

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I don't see Hill going anywhere given all the signature products CRC just launched. That and he's awesome.

Brendon looked great and I think offers more than just WC results to a brand.
Neko better produce though and I think he's only still around due to a contract.

Peat isn't going away without a career end victory tour (ie healthy and competing, even if not getting podiums.). I don't think he takes up too many team resources anyway given all his personal sponsors and syndicate structure.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
this seems inevitable. time for the old boy to call it & welcome the new blood.
He's been pretty injured the past two years, but I think he's still got some more gas in the tanks for another year of riding. I see a few more top 10 finishes for him. I don't get the whole "pass the torch on" mentality. If you're fast as fuck and still love racing, why give it up for somebody who is about as fast as you. Make em earn it.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Barel will probably be the team manager, but that's just an educated guess.
Masters Rider and team manager in unison would be sweet, a Double Barel if you will.

They certainly have the resources to make it work and should buy Marzocchi while they are at it. All they need is a proper downhill bike.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
I thought the DHX in its current incarnation should be a proper dh bike. The previous wasn't in some respect but I'm guessing that they have some changes in the works if this is true...

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
peaty's contract is through 2017. whether that's written as a competing racer (barring injury) or just a presence on the team, who knows... minnaar and bryceland's contracts are up this year but i'm guessing they'll both re-sign for another 3 years each (same deal as 2013).

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
What's this about @teamrumours being sued? Who is he anyway? I guess they'd have to have put a name to him to be able to sue him.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I thought the DHX in its current incarnation should be a proper dh bike. The previous wasn't in some respect but I'm guessing that they have some changes in the works if this is true...
I should have phrased that better - the DHX has evolved into a proper downhill bike numbers wise, but it's still perceived as a freeride bike just because of its look and name.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Athertons off GT - to a German brand of some description - Canyon I think.

Surely Bruni will be pinched by the Syndicate, once Peaty finally pisses off (if not 2016, then 2017?).

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Mitch Ropelato's Instagramed that he finished its first and last Enduro Season. He's going back to DH racing. I guess he'll still be with Specialized.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Mitch Ropelato's Instagramed that he finished its first and last Enduro Season. He's going back to DH racing. I guess he'll still be with Specialized.
Was he even racing? I didn't hear anything about the kid. Considering the awesome style the kid has, he would be a pthotogs favourite...

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
mignaaaaaaaaaaaaaar just posted with a SC jersey on a sc crossbike racing a cross race on his IG yesterday.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The most surprising thing about that commencal picture is apparently having a bowl of eggs on your counter is totally appropriate in Andorra.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
No Greg!!

Also pretty sure USA is the only country in the world that refrigerates eggs.
Sounds right; also heard that you don't want to do that with eggs that have already been refrigerated.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
From the vitalmtb forum:
As far as I am aware , Vergier and Bruni are both on the team for this year.

There will be no Trek world racing next year. Both brook and George are on the move.

Athertons are looking to Partner up with Trek for the 2016 season. Rumor has it.. Atherton has not much left in him.