Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

jabberwocky

Chimp
Apr 15, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by monkeyboy424
i like that planet x!!! also lets see a a hard tail with one of those 12 in monster ts! that would be so cool!!!! :D :cool: :)
I'd like to see that too, but that would be some serious over-kill!

C.C.

Chimp
Jul 17, 2002
Richmond, B.C.
Originally posted by PGKelly
i think we've already discussed to death the issue of super-long travel DC forks on hardtails. on a different note, why do i see so many people using deore derralleuirs? i'm just kinda curious.
Deore rear deraileurs because they function decently and are cheap and don't hurt the wallet as much when they get smashed up.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by PGKelly
i think we've already discussed to death the issue of super-long travel DC forks on hardtails. on a different note, why do i see so many people using deore derralleuirs? i'm just kinda curious.
because they're cheap to replace after getting f'ed up from pedal and sprocket grinds.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
it doesn't take too many until you grind through the cable pinch bolt. i guess i should learn to do non drive side.

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
Originally posted by shifty S
well you cant really see it, but its a cheeta with a manitou supernova and dual 24" doublewides and 3" motogazzi tires....
hey thats greg! yo that looks like a big drop.

ant:

Chimp
May 17, 2002
Long Island, NY
built up about a month ago... still need to switch a few things before I'm completely happy with it, but it rides so sweet...

for a guy that is 5'11" on a small frame the ghetto stem pad is mandatory... on my first ride with it I thought I cracked my kneecap...

[edit: its santa cruz chameleon with xvert supers & azonic 3pc cranks]

Attachments