AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well thank god they passed the law allowing open carry, it'll definitely stop these things from happening. If the criminals fear getting killed, they won't commit crime anymore!

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
*sigh*

In related news, the Aug edition of Wired has an absolutely horrifying article on the ease with which one can now manufacture their own "semi-automatic" rifle.
Im not even kidding when i say every single idiot who is advocating their precious right to bear arms is at least a little bit guilty...

I know theres a bunch of you on the monkey, but care less I could not.
Take a look at the rest of the world and get with the program.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Take a look at the rest of the world and get with the program.
Three hours ago, I might have agreed with you. This is a link to the Wired article I mentioned earlier. I've held the opinion for some time now that rational gun control in this country is a lost cause, something I find both frustrating, and sad. This thread exists as a monument to the idolatry/mental illness that masquerades as "a second amendment issue" here in the US. I tend to (I think) for the most part stay fairly quiet on the subject, because quite frankly, I have no idea how one even goes about addressing it. The aforementioned article only serves to convince me further that there is nothing to be done about it. It's Pandora's box, no matter how hard you try, no matter how many kids die, you'll never be able to cram all that shit back in, and we only have ourselves to blame.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Just read the article and even though i understand where youre coming from, its complete and utter bullshit.
Id like to see the first 3d printed barrel before you should give up so easy.

Seriously, banning, regulating and restricting guns would make a difference. Even with all the guns allready around. Restrict and regulate guns and less people will die because they got shot.
Its really not that hard.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Three hours ago, I might have agreed with you. This is a link to the Wired article I mentioned earlier. I've held the opinion for some time now that rational gun control in this country is a lost cause, something I find both frustrating, and sad. This thread exists as a monument to the idolatry/mental illness that masquerades as "a second amendment issue" here in the US. I tend to (I think) for the most part stay fairly quiet on the subject, because quite frankly, I have no idea how one even goes about addressing it. The aforementioned article only serves to convince me further that there is nothing to be done about it. It's Pandora's box, no matter how hard you try, no matter how many kids die, you'll never be able to cram all that shit back in, and we only have ourselves to blame.
You just need to embrace the cold steely feel of freedumb. Don't you have any irrational fears or need to compensate for your insecurities?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
So three people equal a "mass shooting?" You should be posting that every day for Chicago
I think it's generally 4 or more, he shot himself too - that's 4.

Also there goes the NRA idea that a well armed population stops these things or fallacies about gun-free zones, reality, not propaganda is more guns don't make you safe. 5 shot in one of the most armed states in the nation. No good guy with a gun stopped him, LEOs did without shooting him:

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/2015/07/17/town-of-lee-shutdown-due-to-incident/30285261/

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So the shooter shooting himself counts towards that? Lol okay

And what the hell is the point of an ignore user feature if they can reply to a post?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
So the shooter shooting himself counts towards that? Lol okay

And what the hell is the point of an ignore user feature if they can reply to a post?
There's more gun suicides than homicides. Suicide isn't a trivial problem especially with a tool designed to kill people. Infantile gun owners and their associations/clubs can't ignore the reality in America and their fallacies they tout will never change that. They're the clearly problem as the rest of the developed world has already figured out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
you had it right the first time.
The US ranks 108 in murder rates. Surpassed by wonderful peaceful utopias such as India, Iran, Niger, Chile, Liberia, Bangladesh, Turkey, Lebanon, China, Algeria, Viet Nam and Slovakia. The closest long standing first world country, Norway, has a murder rate half that of the US. We are marginally better than the world average, part of American exceptional ism I guess.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Reading is fundamental, as is data comprehension.

Try actually looking at, and understanding the data you reference.

We are 91st when listed in alphabetical order by region, a very telling statistic. We could be #1 if we changed from the United States to AAA'Merica

If you click on the "rate" section you sill see we are in fact. 108th.

Last edited: