Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Yeah, like a dozen of them, with onions and cheese.
I'm not aware of how much you northern guys are fond of gizzards, but if you want to fuck off the ubiquitous cheddar and bacon toppings, try to grill whole gizzards until crisp, then slice them into 5-7 mm thick loaves, grill again until they get really crispy and only then sprink some salt on top of them. Top your sliders/burgers with a good loaf of Gouda cheese and several gizzards loaves.

You're welcome.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I'm not aware of how much you northern guys are fond of gizzards, but if you want to fuck off the ubiquitous cheddar and bacon toppings, try to grill whole gizzards until crisp, then slice them into 5-7 mm thick loaves, grill again until they get really crispy and only then sprink some salt on top of them. Top your sliders/burgers with a good loaf of Gouda cheese and several gizzards loaves.

You're welcome.
Gizzards and liver were the meals that my mom would make when we seriously, honestly, couldn’t come up with the money for anything better. Those were not good meals, or good memories.
My mind associates them with punishment, tbh.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
right now i‘m enjoying some nice Eberle cheese, last years best swiss cheese at the world cheese awards

1713101432598.jpeg

some older Le Gruyère AOP (cave ripened) and some very ripe french Brie de Meaux AOP that was on offer. i have no interest anymore in anything that isn‘t made from raw milk

i need a charcoal filter for my fridge -.-

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Cultural differences are truly amazing. How did you mom cook them? Down here they're usually grilled, and are considered a gourmet dish.
You have struck on the issue here, my mom was (is?) a TERRIBLE cook. (Not cultural, really, her mom was kind of a bitch, so she didn’t learn much from her) I don’t even remember how she prepared them.

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
6 months of the year most of it came out of the basement after it was home canned. Later a chest freezer was added much to the relief of my tastebuds, but that just meant more work filling the damn thing come fall. And for years, mom wondered why in my house fresh veg was steamed until tender crisp. To this day I have a hard time with any canned veg. The only saving grace was that my mom could cook.

Spoiled ass, first world, old white man. :shakefist:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

You're welcome.
Man I Love gizzards,liver as well. Slim,that Burger sounds wonderful,never even thought of such a combo? Gizzards and Rice is a wonderful cheap meal,or Liver. You just have to know how to cook them.

As for Cheese,I Love All cheese. Save for American Cheese,but that ain’t cheese.

Avy

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
As for Cheese,I Love All cheese. Save for American Cheese,but that ain’t cheese.

I'm with you on that!
Well with the exception of Monterey Jack!
That's def an American cheese style....... Well ok they did steal it off Spanish monks? But those pricks deserved to have their shit stolen after what they did to the the Caribbean, Central America and South American locals.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I'm with you on that!
Well with the exception of Monterey Jack!
That's def an American cheese style....... Well ok they did steal it off Spanish monks? But those pricks deserved to have their shit stolen after what they did to the the Caribbean, Central America and South American locals.
Word.

I just think cheese is like wine,you have todo a lot of tasting,reading,listening and Enjoy. I Love tasting cheese and talking to the cheese people at the High End grocery store. Cheese with Apple,Dates,Prunes,Nuts,Bread,Cracker,Grapes,and then some Proper Wine? Avy is In!

Avy

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
You clearly never had the pleasure of eating 18 to 24 months matured Gouda.
There's a lot of good food to be had around the world, one just seldomly finds it in your across the street grocery store or super market. Having done at least 20 business trips to Switzerland ranging from single up to 14 days I have to admit that food quality there is really good and above average compared to the surrounding countries.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

You're welcome.
"Sir this is a White Castle?"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You clearly never had the pleasure of eating 18 to 24 months matured Gouda.
There's a lot of good food to be had around the world, one just seldomly finds it in your across the street grocery store or super market. Having done at least 20 business trips to Switzerland ranging from single up to 14 days I have to admit that food quality there is really good and above average compared to the surrounding countries.

Most of the food in my fridge has been aged 18to 24 months