Quantcast

eBay Fuckery

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Makes you wonder if he's just going to re-list and pull the same shit with someone else.
I'm planning to watch eBay and report him if it shows up again.

Edit: listed as the wrong size that is. If he puts it up as an XL, then fine. I can confirm that the bike exists.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
change you bank account info with paypal so they dont try and take the money back out if they try and side with him
They can't withdraw money without authorization. My PayPal account balance is zero.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
There is a reason why PP charges 3% fees on purchase transactions. They won't go after you but they will try to recoup their expenses from the fraudulent seller.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If your checking account is linked, they may well try to "charge back" to it...
Actually, they can even if you "un-link" the checking account. I tried doing that to block some BS eBay charges that were supposedly being waived, and they still got my money, albeit not much. I was surprised that they could do that if you unlink the account. Best option would be to have a separate checking account dedicated for PayPal, eBay, etc.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The case now appears as closed in my PalPal account, and I got the money back. So I guess they settled in my favor? They didn't actually notify me, after they said they were reviewing the case because of his dispute over the paint chips.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Has he listed it again yet?
Yeah. He sold it BIN, with the size correctly listed.

He's got more than 1000 transactions with perfect feedback. I think there's a pretty good chance it was an honest mistake initially. Nevertheless, he was a total douchecanoe about it after the fact.