Quantcast

eBay Fuckery

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I escalated it to a claim, demanding a full refund. We'll see what happens.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
I get that line of reasoning, but at some point it's worth more to me to take a partial refund and keep the bike than it is to go for a full refund and return it, especially since I then have to deal with repacking and shipping it. Where that line is is a valid question.
me personally, I would only keep the bike for partial refund if I knew I could sell the frameset. why potentially get stuck with it?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'd only take a partial refund if it was strongly in my favor, ie I could dump the bike cheap so it would sell really quickly and still break even or on top. Short of that:

Might be a little different if it was the opposite and you needed a wookie size and he sent you a super common size, but the other way around, you could sit on that thing forever and have to look at it in angst every day, when all the proof is in your favor. I don't see how you would have to be out of pocket one cent, even for shipping, if he sent you the wrong damn thing.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Totally agree. It would have to be a great deal for me to take a partial refund.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Escalate to claim immediately, and file a fraud claim with your CC company as well (if you can).

You bought X, you received Y. You still have yet to receive X. Y does not replace X.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I escalated it to a claim last week. My understanding is that disputing with my cc company somewhat hampers the paypal claim process, so I'll save that for the next step if I'm not happy with the paypal outcome. I've got 180 days to be able to dispute with the card company, so no rush.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
PayPal settled that I'm eligible for a full refund, but have to pay return shipping.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
How's that work? You wouldn't have to pay shipping if he sent the correct damn bike to begin with.

But I guess it's better than getting stuck with a wookie frame.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I would take pics of me flossing my ass crack with every tube on the frame. Then give him enough time to get the bike and put it back together, then send him the pics. That is just me though....

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I called PayPal and bitched about it, and they gave me some money to cover shipping. It's probably not 100% of the shipping cost, but it's close.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Seller just messaged me to say that he's appealing the refund because the bike has some paint chips that weren't there when he sent it.

Ugh.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Tell him if he sent the right F'ing frame in the first place it wouldn't have been a problem. Then send him a bag of gummi dicks.