CRC Intense M9 at Val Di sole

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Wow! Looks awesome. A couple observations:

- frame doesn't say prototype on it anymore
- it still retains 3 different shock positions on the main triangle
- the lower link appears to have travel settings on it?? can anyone verify this?
- finally, it looks absolutely baller!!

Is this the production version?

EDIT: ah, finally got to see the press release info. very nice indeed.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
that downtube logo is very lapierre-esque
That decal I made here at my desk because the final kits were not done yet. from a distance INTENSE will often look like the "L" brand you mentioned and a BMX brand with the word 'red' in it. Anyways, the final decals is more clear cut, outlined, etc.

Who cares really, the bike is f-ing bad ass. ;)

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
That decal I made here at my desk because the final kits were not done yet. from a distance INTENSE will often look like the "L" brand you mentioned and a BMX brand with the word 'red' in it. Anyways, the final decals is more clear cut, outlined, etc.

Who cares really, the bike is f-ing bad ass. ;)
I didnt say it was a bad thing... :thumb: And yes, bike is "f-ing bad ass". :D

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
It's nice to see the trend of adjustability on DH race frames, and yeah, it looks bad add. One question for stiks: why the open dropouts for the rear axle? A fully enclosed thru axle system is noticeably stiffer, right?

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands

Looks like Ragot's bike doesn't have the adjustability option on the headtube.

Stikman, will production be like the CRC Blue one, or liek the emmeline one, so with the normal 1.5 headtube, maybe standard with a Cane Creek angleset?

What shock options will there be? Availability? Pricing? geo info?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
It's nice to see the trend of adjustability on DH race frames, and yeah, it looks bad a$$. One question for stiks: why the open dropouts for the rear axle? A fully enclosed thru axle system is noticeably stiffer, right?
Production bike will have full enclosed through axle system, so you are totally right.

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands
Cool,

Oh, just saw the pricing and expected delivery, kinda missed that at first glance!

I was thinking of switching from Intense to the carbon V10, after 10 years on Intense, but now it looks like I will stay with Intense

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Cool,

Oh, just saw the pricing and expected delivery, kinda missed that at first glance!

I was thinking of switching from Intense to the carbon V10, after 10 years on Intense, but now it looks like I will stay with Intense
Kinda funny you mention the v10, rear-end/suspension on the M9 looks a lot like the V10, not trying to start a ****storm here.. I know this is a sensitive topic on the good ole RM, and it's merely a observation. I really dig the Red chrome looking M9 in the press release, will the production have the yellow links/dropouts? Not trying to rep McDonalds racing..

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Kinda funny you mention the v10, rear-end/suspension on the M9 looks a lot like the V10, not trying to start a ****storm here.. I know this is a sensitive topic on the good ole RM, and it's merely a observation. I really dig the Red chrome looking M9 in the press release, will the production have the yellow links/dropouts? Not trying to rep McDonalds racing..
As of right now, Standard colors will be racing red (our good ole Intense red, not that red chrome in the photo) Painted links is NOT standard. I only had race bikes to shoot, so sue me ;)

So you are good on not reppin mcdonalds, or ferrari ;)

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Gimme McLaren silver with red links please. Why 9.5" shock? So I can't use the one from my M6?

CoyoteRun

Chimp
May 29, 2008
SF, CA
here are those "upgrade" again...

As of right now, Standard colors will be racing red (our good ole Intense red, not that red chrome in the photo) Painted links is NOT standard. I only had race bikes to shoot, so sue me ;)

So you are good on not reppin mcdonalds, or ferrari ;)
We are looking at Intense Racing Red, Black Chrome, Works Raw as standard colors and any other color is an upgrade (we do about 14 other colors, Chrome Blue is one of those fancy options)

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Man,I think I might have to wait for this to be in production.

I await impatiently for color options and a geo spec list with pricing.

Oct 9, 2006
Custom Paint up-charge is $200 and you can choose from any of the 14 colors that are not offered stock, ie Red, Chrome Black and works Raw. There are 14 custom colors to choose from and many are the same as they offered on last years line.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Availability is my #1,I dont want to miss out on a other year with no dh riding.I have a job and I work insane hours for to own again a quality dh machine made in the usa like this one.

I hope I will be able to ride sept,oct and that this will be out.

Price at this point doesn't matter because there is no price for happiness.