Quantcast

CRC Intense M9 at Val Di sole

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Steber hooked a sista up and built up Leigh Donovan's World Championship M9-FRO.

Its quite light, quite rad. Still need to get her proper tires on and a Team USA themed sticker kit.

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
Steber hooked a sista up and built up Leigh Donovan's World Championship M9-FRO.

Its quite light, quite rad. Still need to get her proper tires on and a Team USA themed sticker kit.

Stik, what is the frame weight for a medium m9 w/RC4 (guessing the medium will have a 450lb spring??)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Stik, what is the frame weight for a medium m9 w/RC4 (guessing the medium will have a 450lb spring??)

A medium is about 11, with 450lb, RC4 shock, 8mm steel shock hardware, those steel bolts on the G3 dropout....and a thick ass coat of paint. So start subtracting with lighter hardware, raw finish, etc.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Does it have nicer welds than this?
Dox, that was a personal test bike of mine, actually made by owner of Intense Jeff Steber. He has handmade ALL of the M9 prototypes, M9 race bikes this season. Hell, Jeff hand makes ALL of our prototypes! he just doesn't order sh1t from taiwan, or have an outside source do it.

So yes, the production M9's will be hella tight on welds, as usual, anything thus far and especially that bike on pinkbike (my m9 that was rushed to get to whistler by Jeff) was not perfect…but it still rode perfect, still having flashbacks of 10 days riding in whistler on that dream machine.

Dox

Monkey
Aug 26, 2009
Montreal, QC, Canada
Dox, that was a personal test bike of mine, actually made by owner of Intense Jeff Steber. He has handmade ALL of the M9 prototypes, M9 race bikes this season. Hell, Jeff hand makes ALL of our prototypes! he just doesn't order sh1t from taiwan, or have an outside source do it.

So yes, the production M9's will be hella tight on welds, as usual, anything thus far and especially that bike on pinkbike (my m9 that was rushed to get to whistler by Jeff) was not perfect…but it still rode perfect, still having flashbacks of 10 days riding in whistler on that dream machine.
Thanks for the reply, i'm sure the bike rides amazingly and the production frames will be awesome. I was just a bit shocked that the welds look like that on a 3000$ frame but as you said that was a test bike so it's all good!

That frame is dead sexy! especially in Black chrome! :eek:

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands

I do not mind that the welds are not super smooth and even, as long as it works and is straight, so I will take the demo/test frame in medium please, where do I send the money?:D

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
getting closer to finishing Leighs world's bike. Steber made it superlight just for her and Emmeline, so you may notice some odd things on it compared to production.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
getting closer to finishing Leighs world's bike. Steber made it superlight just for her and Emmeline, so you may notice some odd things on it compared to production.
Hey Stik. How is Leigh liking the speccy rubber? I have always been a fan and it seems pretty cool that more and more people are running it over maxxis. is there a sponsorship sort of deal or is it just preference? what do YOU think of the butcher?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Hey Stik. How is Leigh liking the speccy rubber? I have always been a fan and it seems pretty cool that more and more people are running it over maxxis. is there a sponsorship sort of deal or is it just preference? what do YOU think of the butcher?
Well, when she made this tiny 'comeback' of sorts. She wanted to be on all the best stuff and had the choice to do that. She tried all the tires and we did not even have a relationship with 'S' but she got some to test, loved them and they were happy to sponsor her. She wanted to be on Intense tires at first because when she quit racing 9 years ago they were the sh1t! and still are but there were supply issues at the time.

I actually have not ridden any of her tires…it was all her choice. I been riding the schwalbe and maxxis stuff that has been good. New Intense tires have gotten better too.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
from the pics i saw on Vital, they showed a pinch bolt on the top and bottom of the headtube. i thought there was only going to be one on the top.