Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I don't go anywhere for this reason. Around here very few wear a mask in public even though there is a mandate in place. I am genuinely afraid of my own temper. Really don't need to get arrested of end up at the ER.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So the newly emerging vaccine clusterfuck is that we're using too many of the raw materials needed to manufacture the vaccines to instead manufacture testing materials because the testing requirement is so great now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't go anywhere for this reason. Around here very few wear a mask in public even though there is a mandate in place. I am genuinely afraid of my own temper. Really don't need to get arrested of end up at the ER.
Angry wookie has its perks. In my life, I've found very few people will challenge me physically. Something about someone my size having a rage fit most people will back down beyond some verbal response.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Angry wookie has its perks. In my life, I've found very few people will challenge me physically. Something about someone my size having a rage fit most people will back down beyond some verbal response.
Oh I fully understand the size thing. Back when I was a bouncer I was a big, scary looking fucker. I could get rid of trouble makers with just a look and a finger shake.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Wookie size or not if you get in a fight you will be way too close to said cunt breathing on you with their nasty contagious MAGA expelled air

IMO life is too short protect yourself fuck everyone else 1/23/20 when wuhan shut down I started masking and keeping my distance from people long before any reported case here I'm not waiting for any government officials left or right leaning to tell me how to protect myself if either side really worked for the people the last 30 years would have been a lot different

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Second negative covid test but its everywhere around here at the moment but trying to isolate as much as we can at the moment as I got no time for a case of the rona.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just had a substantial argument with someone at Costco wearing his mask on his chin.

Excerpt and condensed-

Me (nicely): Hey dude, can you fix your mask?
Asshole: You just worry about you.
Me (no longer nicely): I am. My mask helps protect selfish cunts like you who don't wear masks. You not wearing mask puts me at risk.
Asshole: You don't know shit.
Me: Actually basic reading and listening to news makes it pretty easy to understand this concept.
Asshole: Fuck you!
Me: Did you cut the tips off your condoms when you were younger? Because your mask is just as useful as that.
Asshole: Hey! Fuck you man!
Me: Nah. You probably wouldn't tell me if you had an STD anyways.
Asshole: [blank face]

So, apparently calling someone a 'selfish cunt for not wear their mask in a way that helps protects others' is offending. This is me not giving a shit. Thankfully I had a job for almost 10 years where the need to be able to have witty responses available on the fly was high.

Went to the manager and told them there have been at least 5 employees not saying anything about someone walking around like that and that I will be reaching out to corporate to reference that their store isn't doing anything to follow corporate policy. He jumped his ass into action and started heading to the back of the store while on the radio. Hopefully it got shit resolved.
1607954835049.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
vasopressive agents at work!
Or for the extreme case see ECMO/Nick Cordero's course. yikes.

I'm scheduled to get Pfizer shot 1 in my arm this Friday night btw. Dropping out of Moderna trial (in placebo arm as my subsequent blood donations were all antibody negative).

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Or for the extreme case see ECMO/Nick Cordero's course. yikes.

I'm scheduled to get Pfizer shot 1 in my arm this Friday night btw. Dropping out of Moderna trial (in placebo arm as my subsequent blood donations were all antibody negative).
My "shop" only has four ecmo setups. Mostly for some of our bad heart cases. Otherwise we ship them to Yale or Colombia. Have seen a lot of this over the years. You're alive, but missing bits...Hopefully not too cognitively impaired

Pfizer-i-sation Friday morning for me.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Financée likely gets Pfizer'd this week, though her hospital is distributing in a really dumb way. "Check your email every morning, and we'll let you know if you're on the list for that day. If you don't come in and get vaccinated that day, we'll move on to the next person on the list and you'll have to try your luck some time... later." Or some such nonsense like that. The admin at her hospital seems FUCT.

(Oh and for those in here that don't follow the GMTs... Covid test came back negative over the weekend)

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Much like the 80's lasting until about 1992, I'm pretty sure 2020 won't be over until about June.
I dunno about that. Maybe for those willing to take the vaccine but there is going to be a large segment of the population that won't. So for them they will continue to infect each other, die off or suffer life long covid related illnesses all the while calling it a hoax.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh, right.

Yeah all those people will be living in a walled off city in either northern idaho or texas just masturbating to covers of atlas shrugged at that point. So not really, 'around' so to speak.

Hopefully.

And 'covers' because reading is hard.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Keep tryin! 2020 ain't over yet!
Oh don't you worry... with the financée working in a hospital that doesn't proactively test their staff, and only kinda tests patients who aren't specifically admitted for Covid symptoms, I have no choice but to "keep trying" for the next however the fuck long this takes. Though, if she is able to get vaccinated this week, a substantial amount of my risk goes down when that takes effect... I think? Though apparently we don't actually know (yet) if the vaccines going into circulation actually help prevent transmission, or just keep people from getting sick.

Much like the 80's lasting until about 1992, I'm pretty sure 2020 won't be over until about June.
Or like the 90s lasting until about 2004.

EDIT: Aaaaaaannnnd just like that financée gets floated to the Covid unit today, and the new nurse she has been precepting has been sent home due to Covid symptoms. At least in the Covid unit they're all wearing proper PPE and N95 and whatnot like that. Don't ask me if any of them are getting tested, because I don't know... but probably not. I'll probably (definitely) get tested here after a few days... she works shifts W-Th-F this week so whenever it makes sense to do so.

L'sigh. It's gonna be a long fucking winter.

EDIT #2: Here I am whining, but @scrublover lives this on the daily.

Last edited:
Oh don't you worry... with the financée working in a hospital that doesn't proactively test their staff, and only kinda tests patients who aren't specifically admitted for Covid symptoms, I have no choice but to "keep trying" for the next however the fuck long this takes. Though, if she is able to get vaccinated this week, a substantial amount of my risk goes down when that takes effect... I think? Though apparently we don't actually know (yet) if the vaccines going into circulation actually help prevent transmission, or just keep people from getting sick.

EDIT: Aaaaaaannnnd just like that financée gets floated to the Covid unit today, and the new nurse she has been precepting has been sent home due to Covid symptoms. At least in the Covid unit they're all wearing proper PPE and N95 and whatnot like that. Don't ask me if any of them are getting tested, because I don't know... but probably not. I'll probably (definitely) get tested here after a few days... she works shifts W-Th-F this week so whenever it makes sense to do so.

Good luck!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I'd want to hear @scrublover feedback on this, but since her employer seems to give a fuck about testing, you guys might want to start doing the free local free testing regularly. Also looking into doing things like pick-up groceries when possible vs. going into the store. You guys just became a much larger concentrated risk.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I will be getting the shot in the next week or two. They are doing it in phases so that if there are adverse reactions they don't have whole sections of hospitals, Fire Depts, ambulance crews all going down at once. I'm something like number 2000 on the list