Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have not dined in at least since March. We have gotten takeout on average twice a week from local joints we are trying to keep open and I tip heavy. Heavy because I know they are sucking and we are actually ok.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have not dined in at least since March. We have gotten takeout on average twice a week from local joints we are trying to keep open and I tip heavy. Heavy because I know they are sucking and we are actually ok.

Same.

Seattle is getting a NHL team and the only Hockey bar in town is struggling to stay in business. I gave some money to their go fund me. They really should try becoming a poutine take out joint in the meantime.

Also, COVID #1

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Sure is interesting how different news outlets are portraying these first (the first) British vaccinee. Pretty much a pure political Rorschach test. A time to learn.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
6,504 to go!
You know, those are actual people dying and the virus isn't selectively targeting anti-mask Trumpaloos. I'll gladly piss on Donny's and Rudy's grave, but I don't get this cheering on the body count.

Meanwhile, shit's going sideways here in a major way and Merkel can make as many heartfelt and science backed appeals as she wants, but she is powerless against the stubborness of our state prime ministers and the powers our federal structure affords them.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You know, those are actual people dying and the virus isn't selectively targeting anti-mask Trumpaloos. I'll gladly piss on Donny's and Rudy's grave, but I don't get this cheering on the body
ego stroking....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Day 5 since the financée was last exposed to a Covid positive patient. We're obviously still in the window, I guess 6-7 days is average? I did get a little short of breath walking up the stairs to bed last night, I had just woken up from a dead sleep on the couch and went straight up the stairs so who knows. But I've also been riding nearly every day and I don't have any perceived issue with that. Otherwise, I have no fever, no loss of smell/taste, and no other apparent symptoms. Financée has zero symptoms. I’m frickin’ paranoid about every little thing that could possibly be a symptom... do I have a fever? Am I short of breath? Is that... is that a tiny little headache? Oh God, I coughed! Fuck, does that mean I have Covid?

The waiting... it's the fucking worst.

The thing is though... I would still go to the grocery prior to this. Or Home Depot. And yeah, everyone including me is wearing masks but that shit isn't perfect. And the financée was going to work, and even though this is the first known Covid positive patient she's been in direct contact with, we honestly don't know if there have been others that were either asymptomatic or that their symptoms were simply the same as whatever they were in the hospital for in the first place. Which, quite frankly, is the case with the Covid positive patient she was caring for. Yeah, he was hacking all over the place but it was because he was aspirating his food. Old guy, had a stroke, was reach EOL status, and just wanted to eat a meal even though he really couldn't swallow all that well.

Last edited:
Day 5 since the financée was last exposed to a Covid positive patient. We're obviously still in the window, I guess 6-7 days is average? I did get a little short of breath walking up the stairs to bed last night, I had just woken up from a dead sleep on the couch and went straight up the stairs so who knows. But I've also been riding nearly every day and I don't have any perceived issue with that. Otherwise, I have no fever, no loss of smell/taste, and no other apparent symptoms. Financée has zero symptoms. I’m frickin’ paranoid about every little thing that could possibly be a symptom... do I have a fever? Am I short of breath? Is that... is that a tiny little headache? Oh God, I coughed! Fuck, does that mean I have Covid?

It's ebolaids, you're in the clear.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

The thing is though... I would still go to the grocery prior to this. Or Home Depot. And yeah, everyone including me is wearing masks but that shit isn't perfect. And the financée was going to work, and even though this is the first known Covid positive patient she's been in direct contact with, we honestly don't know if there have been others that were either asymptomatic or that their symptoms were simply the same as whatever they were in the hospital for in the first place. Which, quite frankly, is the case with the Covid positive patient she was caring for. Yeah, he was hacking all over the place but it was because he was aspirating his food. Old guy, had a stroke, was reach EOL status, and just wanted to eat a meal even though he really couldn't swallow all that well.
Whats your blood type?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We have not. The hospital isn't planning on testing her, and my plan was to wait until the end of this week (when I'm solidly in the 6-7 day out range) before getting a test (or not).

O+

Intredasting article.
Our turn around was 24hrs at a free site. Wait time was exactly 3min. The time to drive up, confirm my identity, then get swabbed. Just do it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
This seems... odd. :think:
I agree that it's odd they're not testing. But from what I gather hospitals are pretty much like, unless you are symptomatic just come to work and make sure you're masked up and wearing PPE as required by CDC guidelines. If they sent every nurse home who had contact with a Covid positive patient, they'd run out of staff in a hurry.

well well well. i, too, am O+.

and aren't the quick turnaround tests non-pcr, and thus much less accurate?
I had a 15-minute turnaround test a few weeks back at my doctor's office that was PCR.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I agree that it's odd they're not testing. But from what I gather hospitals are pretty much like, unless you are symptomatic just come to work and make sure you're masked up and wearing PPE as required by CDC guidelines. If they sent every nurse home who had contact with a Covid positive patient, they'd run out of staff in a hurry.

I had a 15-minute turnaround test a few weeks back at my doctor's office that was PCR.
So is she quarantining? That's kind of bizarre. I hope she was masked + face shield at work.

15 minutes != PCR. Maybe one of the isothermal tests like the Abbott ID Now, which isn't PCR.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
So is she quarantining? That's kind of bizarre. I hope she was masked + face shield at work.

15 minutes != PCR. Maybe one of the isothermal tests like the Abbott ID Now, which isn't PCR.
What's the word the saliva test?

Kaiser had me take that one instead of the brain poker one since I had no known contact (been getting them semi frequently because I'm back in office) They list it as a PCR test, so it's good shit, right?

Far more pleasant than the fire-poker they use to scramble your brains with the normal test.

My kid's had a pediatrician appointment this morning, I guess a ton of parents are now skipping their immunization appointments because they're scared to go in, so that's good news...

She did however say it's looking like Kaiser will be able to get me the hook-up on a Covid vaccine pretty quick, they have them in the building, and she thinks my area will get through the first few ways quickly and get to us non essential healthy type people pretty soon, which is actual good news.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sample collection method is independent of the test's underlying technology. Hell, there was a nasopharyngeal swab paper that I skimmed today that showed that self-swabbing is even effective if confused old folks have it turned around backwards and swab with the handle. :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What's the word the saliva test?

Kaiser had me take that one instead of the brain poker one since I had no known contact (been getting them semi frequently because I'm back in office) They list it as a PCR test, so it's good shit, right?

Far more pleasant than the fire-poker they use to scramble your brains with the normal test.

My kid's had a pediatrician appointment this morning, I guess a ton of parents are now skipping their immunization appointments because they're scared to go in, so that's good news...

She did however say it's looking like Kaiser will be able to get me the hook-up on a Covid vaccine pretty quick, they have them in the building, and she thinks my area will get through the first few ways quickly and get to us non essential healthy type people pretty soon, which is actual good news.
I haven't had a brain-gouging test since the first days of this and the very first tests that were available. I've had many tests since then and that was the only one like that and each has gotten easier and simpler.