Quantcast

Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL

I'll drink all ya'll under the table! :cheers:
Make sure you play fair matt, no GHB...I hear mountain bikers dont take the morning after as well as under age clemson girls.

Good to know, I would be be pissed I drove 3 hours to shovel. I'll see ya'll race weekend then!
That would be more shoveling than you've done in the past year at clemson...which is ten minutes from your house.

Last edited:

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Its not even so much the fact that he does, but more so that he is just so open and in your face about it, really quite unsettling.

on another note, bring the rain! i heard all the drifty west coasters melt back into their mothers wombs when it rains.

Will get so much love, it's awesome.

<****talk> On another note, did you see last year's results? West coasters took all the top spots, despite the monsoon. </****talk>

theBigHeezy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2006
Salt Lake $hitty, UT
Will get so much love, it's awesome.

<****talk> On another note, did you see last year's results? West coasters took all the top spots, despite the monsoon. </****talk>
thats cause i wasnt there!

(disclaimer: all of these comments are not to be taken seriously, they are in light of the comment about getting some more $h!t talking going)

also, uvm had guys on the podium in dh and ds, i am mainly picking on them because they are so good and everyone knows it.

Last edited:

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
"A vigorous storm system at the surface and aloft will be taking shape over the central part of the nation during midweek. A strong and wet cold front will work in tandem with incoming Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico moisture sources to generate significant rainfall around the Southern Appalachians Friday and into at least a portion of Saturday. High pressure wedging down the eastern slopes of the mountains will lock in the chilly air, keeping temperatures locked in the 40s during the day Friday. Expect a raw day!

The rain will come to an end on Saturday afternoon or evening. Sunday will be the better of the two weekend days, as sunshine returns along with fairly typical late-October temperatures"

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
The dh is much improved from last year, the whole app state crew has been doing small things here and there all week, I spent 3 hours with the backpack leaf blower this morning cleaning the entire trail, and although there will be leaves, it won't be a half foot deep with them hopefully! We also went out this afternoon and fixed a few drainage problems in the woods so hopefully even though it will rain, it will drain a bit better, there are improved berms in the dungeon and under the lift thanks to mueller, and it's apparently riding pretty awesome. Get stoked.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I don't get it, but every time there is a race at Sugar Mtn, its always perfect weather for weeks then the week of the race it always rains like hell. At least it won't be as wet as last year and there won't be too many leaves on the trail so you can see what your riding over this time. Its gonna be fun no matter what

VELLA

Chimp
Oct 22, 2008
Johnson City
aWwww son im new to the scene but i can say watch out for them etsu boys cause i overheard them talkin..they said be ready cause the RUCKUS will be broughten

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
practice was super fast today! Stuff comes up really fast when the track is bone dry. theres going to be rain tommorow almost with out a doubt but i think it will still be awesome. the track has been smoothed out a lot since i was last here for the national last season. the slalom is looking real good too. should be a fun weekend.

-Joey

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Like Joey said, the track was fast, however I was a little bit faster!;) Last year was my first race ever at Sugar and it was a mud fest from the very beginning. This year will be a different story. When walking the course today we walked the dry and wet lines assuming that at least tomorrow it will pour!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/wxdetail/USNC0038?from=interactive_topnav_outdoors&dayNum=1

Dual slalom is fun, really smooth, a little greasy in the morning after the dew melted off, should be epic. Currently I am doubled over on the couch after eating way more delicious home cooked and dessert then I should have, life is good!

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Downhill qualifying was canceled today. The weather is piss poor right now with lots of rain wind and fog. Near zero visibility at the top of the mountain with gusting winds and some hail!

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
You guys are all sissy's!!! CU held there own qualifiers today in that sideways rain/fog and it was serious fun!

Qualifying results:

Joey Schusler 3:55
Brian Buell 3:56

The other two had some problems dealing with some of the pools of water that formed on the course. Honestly though, the course is really nice right now, key word NOW, its been raining all day long so the rocks are clean and the mud pretty watery. Joey's getting loose and will kill it tomorrow, Scott and Nick are both riding extremely well and I'm feeling real good! Should be an exciting day tomorrow, especially if the rain stops and the dirt turns into peanut butter!!!

No practice shots will be found from today, didn't see a soul on the side of the track. It was pretty gnarly! However, we have some sick shots of my and the team sliding down the fairway at the local golf course on our arses. Updates to come!!!

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
practice was super fast today! Stuff comes up really fast when the track is bone dry. theres going to be rain tommorow almost with out a doubt but i think it will still be awesome. the track has been smoothed out a lot since i was last here for the national last season. the slalom is looking real good too. should be a fun weekend.

-Joey
I have the best Mark DeCillis story ever from today, send me a message on facebook or some crap when you get a chance, you'll love it.
P.S. you better go super super fast.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I'd say nutty. Honestly it wasn't totally that bad, but we had no idea what to expect since there wasn't any raceday practice. Pretty scary trying to wing it for a race run not knowing what the track is gonna be like!