Quantcast

Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Is anyone else enjoying the irony that a thread regarding U.S. COLLEGIATE nationals is more fraught with seplling and grammatical errors than anything since Pinkbike circa 1998?

:D

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
Morewood Bikes will be up there.

We should have a couple of rental bikes that you can ride for about $50 a day.
Plus a couple of things to check out.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
I am thinking of racing downhill and XC is college. I haven't done any DH races before. I have done some really laid back XC "races" and did pretty well. I was just wondering, like how serious are the races? My friend who goes to Penn State and one at CU-Boulder said anyone can do them and there are different skill levels from beginner to expert. He said college is the best place to start racing. So what I am really asking is even though in college I will be beginner DH racer (I have ridden a lot of DH, just not racing) is it a good place to race, and is it pretty laid back and all. Cause to be honest, I will most likely get my ass kicked in a DH race. XC I think I will be okay at. Also what schools are best for MTB racing in the U.S.??

Thanks and sorry for all the questions!

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
^^If you want to go to college and race dh or xc you go to either App. State, Brevard, or Western Washington State....that's just my opinion. Although it is biased, it's also fairly accurate. These schools offer incredible places to ride and legit people to ride with. There are other schools that have been well known for their riding in the past few years that have good programs, but if you want an actual education, a legit school to have a real college experience at(whatever that is), and have good riding nearby, those are my top picks.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
^^If you want to go to college and race dh or xc you go to either App. State, Brevard, or Western Washington State....that's just my opinion. Although it is biased, it's also fairly accurate. These schools offer incredible places to ride and legit people to ride with.
ummm...I think you forgot to name quite a few, including CU boulder, mines, fort lewis, etc,etc,etc,etc.

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
DI DH prediction -

1. Super Joey
2. Bueller
3. Wilderbeast
4. Hickey
5. Krackenballs

D1 Slalom -

1. Nelson
2. Bueller

No idea on DII - we're just there for the party.

Last edited:

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
DH: Joey Schusler - This kid is the rowdiest rider I have ever ridden with and after yesterdays performance I think he will take the win, that's if he holds it together!

DS: Erik Nelson - World cup experience and his incredible work ethic will prove as a potent combination as he will destroy the field, just you wait!

DII: Needs love too!

School of mines will clean up this weekend with Turman(beast) winning best trick and DH. Deider will take the dual!!!

The overall rider will be awarded to Eli Krackenballs as he will compete in all events. Don't be surprised if he ends up on multible podiums both xc and DH!

Last edited:

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
Anyone interested in riding something other than sugar at some point this week should shoot me a pm, definitely would be a shame to be all the way out here in NC and not get to ride our local trails. ;)

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
DI DH prediction -

1. Super Joey
2. Bueller
3. Wilderbeast
4. Hickey
5. Krackenballs

D1 Slalom -

1. Nelson
2. Bueller

No idea on DII - we're just there for the party.

As far as UVM is concerned Hickey graduated, as did Mr. America himself "slim" james patterson. For DH and slalom threats we are sending chris scannell and super-senior adam morse. The other two chumps are myself and garson fields.

Cant wait to go, never been before..see everyone there

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
Back in my day the collegiate national champions was a basketball tournament. No fair, hell I didn't even know what a mountain bike was until my junior year. My first mountain bike was made of wood and all the trails were uphill in both directions.

My picks, a BetterRide sweep!

DH
Them big schools
1. Eli
2. Buell
3. Schusler

Them little schools
1. Turman