Quantcast

Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Good job Chris, Your cousin is going to brag about that to me next time I see her.
And I guess Joey did alright, for a tool.
Congrats again dude.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Slalom had some sick action going today. Not sure on the names of who won, but Mueller and Mike got 4th and 5th in Div 2 action, giving us at App State just enough points to capture the overall Division 2 National Championships!! :biggrin:

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Damn, Joey Killed it. 7 seconds up on Brian who was 4 seconds up on Adam Morse 3rd, Chris Scannel 4th, Eric Nelson 5th
https://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=3911
Joey did kill it, he had such a ripping run! I had my best run ever up top, killed the dungeon and tossed my salad underneath the lift but managed to keep speed and my composure the rest of the way down. I think Joey and I would have been really close, props to Joey for holding it together and straight destroying the field!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
hells yeah! :thumb: so now i can start a fantasy collegiate bike team league at work since i feel so left out on the football stuff ;)

anyone else remember when mueller held up the DH race at charlotte 'cause he jacked up his back and ems had to take him out on the backboard......when he was like 14 and had dedicated his life to hucking? :D ;)

great job guys!!

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Eli Krahenbuhl takes the Individual Omnium.
I believe this is the first time a DHer has done this.
I guess he isn't a normal DHer though, most of us couldn't pull a 6th in the XC

Thats sweet. I guess this was his first slalom too? I was confused how he was able to register for it, as I thought you had to have done previous races in your conference.

Turned out to be an awesome weekend! Wish we could have kept riding the DH course, was so damn fun after all that rain. Real happy that the slalom worked out. It was tough getting confidence to slam into berms that were drying up more and more throughout the day, that were like ice in the morning. Stoked to see that the dude that took me out ended up taking the win! Thanks to everyone for a great closer to the season.

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
Wow, I feel like a proud dad! After a great week of riding in Moab I check the results on usacycling and see so many racers I have had the privilege of working with did really well. Congratulations to everyone who layed it on the line and gave it their best. Special congratulations to the BetterRide alumni below.

Division 1 Men's Downhill

1st Joey Schusler CU
2nd Brian Buell CU
8th Ben Hulse Lees McRae
9th Eli Krahenbuhl U of Wyoming

Division 2 Mens Downhill

10th place Brandon Turman CSM

Division 2 Women's Downhill

3rd Christen Boyer CSM

Division 1 slalom

4th Ben Hulse
8th Eli Krahenbuhl U of Wyoming
9th Brian Buell CU

Division 2 Slalom

1st Deider Barrick CSM

4th Christen Boyer CSM

Cross Country

Division 1
6th Eli Krahenbuhl U of Wyoming

Divison 2

2nd Melissa Marts CSM

Individual Omnium

Division 1

1st Eli Krahenbuhl U of Wyoming

Divison 2

3rd Mellisa Marts CSM

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
Despite my TERRIBLE race run resulting in a (re)fractured metatarsal, I had a great time and it was a fun way to end my first collegiate "racing" season.

Sugar's course is hot, they need to quit being lame and have another national there in '09.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Couple of slalom pictures from either myself or my mom:

Mueller taking advantage of Danny's crash

My pics

Alex with my bike

Trottier

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wait, Cal actually has a downhill racer? I thought the team dissolved when Abe, Chomps, and myself graduated, taking all of the sponsors with us...
Are they any good?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Which is sad, because the local DH run is clay based. It becomes a slip'n'slide during the rainy season. A steep, fast, tree-lined slip'n'slide. You have to learn how to ride mud/slime fast because otherwise you'll be taking tree hugging to the next level.