Quantcast

Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Who's in for the biggest party (err, serious bike racing) of the year?

The Colorado School of Mines team is road tripping it down there with 14-15 racers, looking to get some good east coast riding in.

We're booked for a slopeside condo at Sugar. Anyone else staying on the slopes?

It's time to dust off those costumes for the banquet. (I wonder where my hot dog suit is...) :cheers:

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
I will be attending for a 4th straight year! Pretty F in excited about it. Looking to capture the elusive D1 National Champs jersey that got away last year! B turm, if your the hot dog again, I'll be a hamburger, then we can be best friends! You better make sure your ketchup bottle is locked and loaded.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Its gonna be outrageously fun this year. Herndon came up and completely leveled the slalom track and built an insanely fun one with crankworx-esq berms. Lees McCrae is on it this year...huge pump track right next to the slalom too

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Check. Should be sick to say the least. Both gravity tracks are lookin sexy.

Holla holla anyone thats trying to get their tires on something other than the race tracks.

TenaciousT

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
I'll be out there supporting my new local liquor stores

From what I hear, NC is bad ass and I'm stoked to be moving

F*ck yeah Sapp...you know who dis is

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
How similar is it really to the whistler track? Is it really smooth the whole way, or is there any rough section mixed in. How is the slalom portion, fast, slow...Need a course description!

Also whats the weather been like?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
It has perfectly sculpted berms, is really smooth, and has just a couple jumps. I think I counted 10 berms total, not including flat turns. Major improvement over last years track

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I'll be there with the rest of the Lehigh crew - but just as a back-up dancer. (JAZZ HANDS!)

The rest of my teammates will be fresh off of an anticipated sweeps of "The Extreme Wife Carrying Competition"...

YOU CAN'T LEGISLATE LOVE!!!

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
How do people wonder why U.S. racing sucks at the WC level when the NATIONAL college championships is on a "really smooth" course with "perfectly sculpted" berms and a few jumps? Kinda weak IMO

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
How do people wonder why U.S. racing sucks at the WC level when the NATIONAL college championships is on a "really smooth" course with "perfectly sculpted" berms and a few jumps? Kinda weak IMO

you're right, if only we had collegiate nationals courses we'd be all set. :poster_oops:

As if the rest of the international field who beats the pants off us honed their skills on the university circuit . . . or even went to college

*yes, i know Barel and Camel Toe have engineering degrees as do many others, but they didn't get fast from riding for their local college team.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Its probably the sickest slalom track I've ever seen. I wouldn't judge it until you see it.

Last years course was a drag race with no turns, this year its gonna take power, skill, and fitness to win.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
you're right, if only we had collegiate nationals courses we'd be all set. :poster_oops:

As if the rest of the international field who beats the pants off us honed their skills on the university circuit . . . or even went to college

*yes, i know Barel and Camel Toe have engineering degrees as do many others, but they didn't get fast from riding for their local college team.

Which is actually even more funny considering I saw Sabrina Jonnier at the top of this same course with tears in her eyes saying, "I do not want to ride zee course. It is scary and slick as $hit." :biggrin:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
The DS was built by the 2007 National Slalom Champ so I bet it is really good
The DH is far from smooth and sculpted! Let's see how your eastcoast skills are Brah?
If it rains at all you'll test you're skillzet on slick offcamber roots, rocks n ruts!
The lift is slow but, the trails are some of the most technical on the EC.

Last edited:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
The DH is far from smooth and sculpted! Let's see how your eastcoast skills are Brah?
If it rains at all you'll test you're skillzet on slick offcamber roots, rocks n ruts!
The lift is slow but, the trails are some of the most technical on the EC.
Been there done that. You East coasters crack me up ;).