"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Each of them have posted footage of their crashes on their instas

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Junior women finals on now on YouTube. Good to get a sense of track coverage and commentary. They are showing pretty much entire runs.

Junior men's at 0745 ET.

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Commentary sample: "The thing about downhill bikes is they are designed to go downhill."

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
This is terrible commentating. Ric just called the race twice even though there are riders yet to go.

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
You're not going to attract a new audience with the amount of bumbling and nonsensical commentating going on.

Pay Rob Warner all the money and get him in the booth.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
TIL that success on the World Cup circuit is all about cranking. Maybe move Cedric to Cross Country, he could get even more mileage out of his favorite expression.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Boy between the dull comments and me going out of a cold I almost fell asleep again a couple times.

Anyway...

"Speed is your friend in mountain biking"

EDIT: Camera placement is a joke, at least for juniors. We don't get so see shit from the top section, and a lot of riders seem to be losing quite a bit of time up there. The finish line one is too low to frame the landing off the big gap, we just missed a couple hard touchdowns where a chain got broken and a different rider kissed the ground.

Last edited:

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Thought that you guys were exaggerating, but nope. I don't think that Rick is that bad but needs to relax a bit. He was decent doing the XC commentary. Cedric...yikes. A slightly more polished Rick with Eliot Jackson would be great. Still a downgrade from Warner, but it would at least be tolerable.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Thought that you guys were exaggerating, but nope. I don't think that Rick is that bad but needs to relax a bit. He was decent doing the XC commentary. Cedric...yikes. A slightly more polished Rick with Eliot Jackson would be great. Still a downgrade from Warner, but it would at least be tolerable.
Cedric made think of this Simpsons reference:

"This is mountain biking for you!"

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Congrats to Nina Hoffman for her 14th place finish in the Junior Men's category, according to results that were just shown on screen.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Just finished watching jnrs in the car on my phone.
Two Good races. Some Awesome crashes. Very Good presentation. Commentary... Let's be honest Cedric is shite. But at least he got a few "Fuck us"s and "baguettes" in. Somebody please send Rik on a course to learn how to pronounce a "th" sound.
Talking of changes. A bus shelter for a hot seat? they must've spent the budget on biscuits for Ruaridh

*No. Not fucking American biscuits.

Well looking forward to tomorrow's many confusing races.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
A couple of riders were shown as "DSQ". Was that a "Did not start" or "Did not qualify?" or was there actually some kind of disqualification?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Boy between the dull comments and me going out of a cold I almost fell asleep again a couple times.

Anyway...

"Speed is your friend in mountain biking"

EDIT: Camera placement is a joke, at least for juniors. We don't get so see shit from the top section, and a lot of riders seem to be losing quite a bit of time up there. The finish line one is too low to frame the landing off the big gap, we just missed a couple hard touchdowns where a chain got broken and a different rider kissed the ground.
Dude. I think there's possibly just 30sec between riders in jnr. (happy to stand corrected)
But if so that's not a lot of chances to show everything on a live feed.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Dude. I think there's possibly just 30sec between riders in jnr. (happy to stand corrected)
But if so that's not a lot of chances to show everything on a live feed.
Still less cameras than in RB feeds of yore. And it wasn't a live feed, the runs were edited. I'm not saying they Red Bull had the whole track covered, but at least for juniors I think there could have been better views.

Let's see how they do tomorrow.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Is Elite quali today too?
And if so is it being broadcast?

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Interesting results on the women's side, although I can't remember how many go through to the semis. Rachel slotting in second, some of the Juniors now right up there in the top 10, Marine with a strong return.

Last edited: