Quantcast

awwww shit. IT'S ON

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
enough with the crumpets and chips in the dh thread, yo. it's finally about to pop off in lenzerheide for 2023! new format? sure. can you watch it? who knows! will there be youtube and insta things to follow? fo shizzle. but it is what it is and it's WCDH TIME, BABY! @jackalope, quit mixing up illegit purple drank and answer the call, son!

here's a dialed to start it off, eh?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
@jackalope has had like 10 months to come up with the most drug-addled, mind bending race preamble ever so yeah thats pretty much all I'm waiting for

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I see that even Nukeproof can't get Michelin tires, so they're on the Sharpie program.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I really hate his filming style, the school of "just wildly wave the camera around until everyone watching gets motion sickness".
It's pretty unwatchable, I gave up by the start of the actual trackwalk.
Agreed. Some of its pretty cringe, especially when he's showing his sponsored wares and just random crap, like watching a bunch of people put up the tents. Ehhhh. Have to skip through that stuff to the goods. It's pretty obvious that he films and just whips it together fairly quickly

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Agreed. Some of its pretty cringe, especially when he's showing his sponsored wares and just random crap, like watching a bunch of people put up the tents. Ehhhh. Have to skip through that stuff to the goods. It's pretty obvious that he films and just whips it together fairly quickly
I used to enjoy his videos. Perhaps the novelty wore off but they have been largely unwatchable for about a year now. Seems little more than shallow sponsor plugs and ego inflation.

Cathrovision was the pinnacle of the world cup Youtube scene.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Saw this on Vital. 25% off GCN+ subscription.

Edit:F. Scratch that. Both expired.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It'd be lovely if we could just pay $5 for each race à la carte.

I wonder if they'll still get Gee or someone to do a course preview?

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Just happy to see some weird tech back at the World Cups. New Pivot looks crazy. Brosnan seemingly running the Canyon screen door spring steering stabilizer. New Demo looks like an e bike.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
that's my assumption. simple fixed pivot above the bb, pull shaft below & swing link in there somewhere actuating the shock. i just cant visualize how the shock & said link would be oriented in that package. tho it still all seems (from the outside) a bit too complex for said relatively simple actuation, so perhaps there's more going on. regardless, certainly one of the trickest, most f1 looking rigs out there.

the pivot is super hot as well...