Quantcast

awwww shit. IT'S ON

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
actually... the swing link could be oriented vertically in front of the bb, with the shock running parallel with those side plates. the hump in the plastic cover was just throwing me off - providing room for the shock piggyback i assume.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like it has an eccentric BB. The drivetrain looks normal so perhaps it is just for reach/CS adjustment. This is something I have always thought more bikes should have. Seems to be an easier method over dicking around with the headset.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
when you zoom in, there's definitely pivots on the yoke above the BB, and the 3 bolts behind the BB lead me to believe there is a link concentric to the BB
actually... the swing link could be oriented vertically in front of the bb, with the shock running parallel with those side plates. the hump in the plastic cover was just throwing me off - providing room for the shock piggyback i assume.
OK, so combining these two theories, we have a BB concentric link with a pull link below the BB and mid-high main pivot:

photo1686236177.jpeg

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
i think the real estate is too tight for concentric. sticking with link in front of bb theory. fortunately someone else on vital saved me the work from pulling out my crayons:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i think the real estate is too tight for concentric.
definitely not. its entirely possible the upper swingarm links also connects to the concentric link, so that could move while the lower yoke link drives the shock. its obvious there are connection points on the swingarm above and below the BB.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Looks like it has an eccentric BB. The drivetrain looks normal so perhaps it is just for reach/CS adjustment. This is something I have always thought more bikes should have. Seems to be an easier method over dicking around with the headset.
Yup. There's an interview with Loic's dad where he talks about doing that on his own bike to modify chainstay length.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
be lovely if we could just pay $5 for each race à la carte.
You kinda can. GCN+ is £6.99 for a month here. There are 3 WC DH races over the next 4 weeks. Then a decent sized break until the next group of races.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Fuck nerding over bicycle designs (for around 15 minutes anyway)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Ps. Anyone else think those weird new course marking poles n tapes n boards n fuckknowswhatblocks must make it harder to ride/learn the tracks?

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Ps. Anyone else think those weird new course marking poles n tapes n boards n fuckknowswhatblocks must make it harder to ride/learn the tracks?
Apparently those foam block things are within the tape so they're good to just blast right over/through them. Wyn was talking to one of the riders about it on his track walk, can't remember who.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fuck nerding over bicycle designs (for around 15 minutes anyway)

I think I recognized 4 of the ladies and almost none of the men.
There were some ugly crashes in there.
That rock gap near the end looked like death on a stick, I think that's where Gwin took some dirt samples.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Pretty brutal to have months and months of prep time and come out and annihilate yourself in the first practice session of the year.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
"We are currently experiencing high volumes of contacts and it is slowing us down in getting back to you as quick as we would like".

"Please bear with us as we work through the requests and provide you with a resolution to your issue".

Guess I'm not the only fuckwit who can't fill it in

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pretty brutal to have months and months of prep time and come out and annihilate yourself in the first practice session of the year.
At this point can't help but to think he is binning it on purpose to avoid having to get actual results.

How can you win a race if you can't win practice?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
At this point can't help but to think he is binning it on purpose to avoid having to get actual results.

How can you win a race if you can't win practice?
Now you have to gun for winning practice as there is no timed training anymore. Gotta focus on the important stuff! :D

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
See if it will work on your phone with their app. Then you can stream to whatever. That's the only device that works for me. I get the same message on other devices other than phone. Which is dumb. But seems like there's a "work around".
It's working fine on the android app and chromecast app. But seeing as I've just paid for the service it should also work fine on my laptop.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Surprised how much I'm missing the PB fantasy league. My local crew resorting to betting on UCI points, fastest non-frenchie and for the season Sam Hill's best result.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
and for the season Sam Hill's best result.
I'd definitely be going low ball on that bet
I'd love to be proven wrong but I reckon he might be lucky to even make the 30 man final at some rounds.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I'd definitely be going low ball on that bet
I'd love to be proven wrong but I reckon he might be lucky to even make the 30 man final at some rounds.
Yeah its so hard being torn between cold calculated sense and that urge to see him do well