Quantcast

WORLDS

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Track previews could retire to the vault anytime IMO.
I've watched more of his previews than I've watched live WCs over the last couple years, I really enjoy them and I never really used to watch course previews or think of them as a "thing" until Claudio started. Good combination of humour and riding ability while showing the track in detail... with some mistakes thrown in so everyone can relate.

I'd miss them if they stopped and would hope he continued doing them independantly even if it wasn't a sponsored/paid thing (I have no idea if it is).

As for the batting for his team - Nigel Page did the same thing with the CRC team, both him and Claudio are very open about the fact that they are supporting (or often nervous about) their racers - I think it just shows a genuine passion for the sport and it'd be unrealistic or even offputting if they weren't like that.

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
I completely agree with Udi. Warner still gets a hard on for any UK racer he is commentating for and nobody has made mention of that. Used to be that every time Peat came down you would think he was dragging Warner along by the dick they way he would lavish upon him. That being said, its just something you accept. They have their favorites and I would always prefer to have both Warner and Claudio doing their thing cause I think they add a lot to the scene.

I'd like to repeat what somebody else said earlier, if you don't like his course previews than don't watch them. Solution is too easy. Personally, I love them still and would be disappointed to see them go.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Jeez you guys get worked up easy huh? Its a bunch of (ex)dhers covering a dh race, who gives a fuck if theyre rooting for their palls and make jokes about Frenchies.
Last time I checked i didnt have to pay jack shit for any of the coverage (which also happens to be pretty damn good)
So stop complainin about stuff youve been getting free of charge for years now and get the sand out of your bloody vaginas.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
honestly I liked them the first races - here's a former pin'r and watch him still go. midway through the season, yeah I get it - you have guaranteed airtime to yourself, neat-o. Once human ass entered the picture it started to look ridiculous. I happen to live in a town hedging on turning over their exclusive Resort to Ashville Enduro/DH type use. Wicked exclusive, the only resort in on the East Coast with some double-duty lift ticket package.
If you think for a second Biffy and Teddy will tolerate hairy butt cheeks lining the track, especially with the twins in tow, they'd probably think otherwise to allowing that type of repetition on the slopes.
Yeah, great if you have a long standing scene and all the trimmings, looks unpolished to the greater area whose riding scene is capable of sustaining WC racing but has to see past all the glitter to extract a working model for the new image.
I stand by my view, World Champion(s) gets the honor for the first race, then the next Cup winner(s) get a successive fill-spot on the air. More incentive and honest promotion.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
looks unpolished to the greater area whose riding scene is capable of sustaining WC racing but has to see past all the glitter to extract a working model for the new image.
If unbridled man butt hinders growingthesport™ then by golly this sport is plenty big enough already I say!!!

No offense but (exclusive northeast exclusive exclusive) + ("Buffy") + (oh mah lawd, booty!) = fuck you, go play golf.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
If unbridled man butt hinders growingthesport™ then by golly this sport is plenty big enough already I say!!!

No offense but (exclusive northeast exclusive exclusive) + ("Buffy") + (oh mah lawd, booty!) = fuck you, go play golf.
Me personally - cannot see the skiing tradition in the area giving an inch to MTB, but what do I know, I just read the weekly newspaper.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You talking like mad river glen wicked retahded exclusive? Harumph!

Resorts should just build bike trails for one simple reason......just like skiing there's a substantial dedicated population that will show up and pay to use the infrastructure. If they just want another bacchi ball activity to surround a country club, I don't think anyone wants them to run a bike park anyway.

Last edited:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
I'll just avoid hyping the area, but it is it's own community built upon skiing. The town structure and all the folk here progress from the Mountain.
This prospect would be the last development in the state to have any influence on the area, for real. If they did anything less than how the scene touted in ski mags the effort would appear silly.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Looking now at Vital's post of Worlds Start List/ Entries.........yuros (brits, frenchies), vs. americas, vs. aussies vs.kiwis and some asians

*Stacked elite Brits, No Peaty, and Brendog is in the House!

*Stacked elite Frenchies, Remi and Ragot listed, its' a go for them!?

Ok no Mauritius team this year....

it they race dh now who will win: Rob Warner, Claudio C, Peaty, Nigel.

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Used to be that every time Peat came down you would think he was dragging Warner along by the dick they way he would lavish upon him.
That is how Rob Warner gets around now after his numerous DUI's. Just grabs the nearest fast moving dick and gets dragged until he slips off.

All y'all be thinking of that image now every time you hear Rob Warner from this point forward. You are welcome.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Jeez you guys get worked up easy huh? Its a bunch of (ex)dhers covering a dh race, who gives a fuck if theyre rooting for their palls and make jokes about Frenchies.
Last time I checked i didnt have to pay jack shit for any of the coverage (which also happens to be pretty damn good)
So stop complainin about stuff youve been getting free of charge for years now and get the sand out of your bloody vaginas.
IT'S WORLDS WEEK, BICHEZZZZZZZZZ!!!!11!!!1!!eleventy

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Used to be that every time Peat came down you would think he was dragging Warner along by the dick they way he would lavish upon him.
He does the same thing as soon as Minnaar is in the start gate.
Then time to hit the mute.....

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
claudios FB

"very sketchy stuff to handle on the World Championships track in @vallnord . the guy i'll be riding with on the @gopro run tomorrow told me, you'll just have to trust me on the jumps. should i be scared?"