Quantcast

WORLDS

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I care little for actual race results though and shall be calculating my 2015 Worlds winner through a combination of:
final time,
snazziness of special edition worlds bike,
how well the special snazzy bike matches their special snazzy kit
amount of patriotic/motivational messages on top tube
amount of times rider mentions 'it's just one race, anything could happen' in pre race interviews
amount of time rider mentions 'I've been riding hard all season and it all came together today' in post race interviews

so far Danny Hart has done well on all possible fields with a very snazzy bike and kit, union jack top tube and motivational message sticker on the bars and several mentions of how he's done it before and it's all coming together, but anyone could win. At this rate he'll be hard to catch

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I wonder who got hurt today. Pinkbike didn't name him. I can't help thinking that means it's pretty bad. Hopefully not too bad.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
When Danny Hart got 1st place in by 8 seconds at champary, who was the guy who was .2 off of him when he crashed near the 2/3 point?

Spectators are already buzzing about troy.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Hard to win that way. Not impossible, but pretty hard.
Truth, but given that he crashed sliding out on the wooden bridge which can pretty easily catch anybody out, I'm relatively confident he'll flourish if its steep and muddy

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
So I know timed training and blahblahblah, but if I was one of the other women, I'd be looking at the 19.2 seconds Rachel put in over me and be awfully nervous about it come race time. Rachel is definitely on a different level then all the other women right now. I'm not sure if its because she rode with faster riders in the off season and worked harder, or if the other top riders are just going slower then last year, but whatever the case holy shit.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
interesting that the men's xc event and DH event will be won on 650b wheels.

I wonder if the track will dry out enough by tomorrow for mud not to be a factor. I agree with jstuhlman, the lack of seeding, or rather the lack of importance of seeding, means there's no real reason to lay down a full fast run. so we have no idea who's really on it. It's going to be an exciting race nevertheless.

Vital Raw3: http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/Vital-RAW-World-Champs-3,29780/sspomer,2

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
low pressure race for me to be honest... You either win it or it doesn't matter, next year's another one haha! - Aaron Gwin - Specialized Racing DH

Oh Ok, that's why...

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
If it's truly greasy tomorrow, I'm thinking a syndicate bro or any number of the fast UK mud masters will take the win. Gwin seems to have struggled with wettish tracks since Champery (which he did crash on, wooden bridge or not). He never seemed comfortable at MSA this year (wettish), but he clearly wants the stripes badly, so maybe he'll pull something out (and henceforth earn the name mud messiah).

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
interesting that the men's xc event and DH event will be won on 650b wheels.

I wonder if the track will dry out enough by tomorrow for mud not to be a factor. I agree with jstuhlman, the lack of seeding, or rather the lack of importance of seeding, means there's no real reason to lay down a full fast run. so we have no idea who's really on it. It's going to be an exciting race nevertheless.

Vital Raw3: http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/Vital-RAW-World-Champs-3,29780/sspomer,2

"all good at the Santa Cruz pit! We did a few runs the first day, then it pissed down so we got drunk haha."
:cheers:
"This morning; got involved...woke up saw some stars what? thought I'd set my phone wrong cos it was pitch black and then did a steady practice and timed run. I don't know if you can read much into the times because everyone's doing all sorts of weird sh*t. - Josh Bryceland - Santa Cruz Syndicate

qualies results will be very interesting
sounds like it was just slick chaos.. in the 2nd raw you can def see them going faster

low pressure race for me to be honest... You either win it or it doesn't matter, next year's another one haha! - Aaron Gwin - Specialized Racing DH

Oh Ok, that's why...
well aint he just cool as a cucumber....:rockout:

vital slide

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Counting-Down-World-Champs-Downhill-Timed-Training-Slideshow,9387/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=spotlight

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Womens race was pretty exciting and fun to watch even though there weren't any major surprises! Atherton Carpenter Hannah 1-2-3

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Holy shit Hills crash was pretty gnar, good thing there was some netting there, he faceplanted that pretty hard