Quantcast

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I inadvertently yelled "goaaaaaallll" so loudly when they scored that my throat hurts.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The key word is advance out of the group. This was the weakest group we've ever been in I think - so to not get out of such a weak group would have been an epic fail. See where I'm going with this?
who hadnt won in the two previous games and before this today, it didnt look like we were going to win any game. a 91st minute goal is cutting it close

they hadnt won the group since 1930. them losing today would have been no surprise

Last edited:

bohorec

Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Fvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvck!

Ehgland will go home in the next round anyway, ha!

Congrats to the USA elbow team.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
It certainly isn't a rousing success, but at least we move on.

Plus we did get screwed twice on disallowed goals.
I thought they played a decent game they just couldn't keep their shots down.
And yes the score should have been 2-nil.

ISH DONT TINK SO!! :rofl:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I thought they played a decent game they just couldn't keep their shots down.
And yes the score should have been 2-nil.
The score *could* have been about 5-2 US. The yellow-card handball that wasn't. The off-sides that wasn't. Dempsey getting punched in the face, in the box. The goal post shot. The plethora of missed shots by the Americans....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I REALLY hope we don't get Germany first game. They looked awesome in the first game, but flopped in the second.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The score *could* have been about 5-2 US. The yellow-card handball that wasn't. The off-sides that wasn't. Dempsey getting punched in the face, in the box. The goal post shot. The plethora of missed shots by the Americans....
All the bad calls are so frustrating. :rant:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Smacked in the face, yes - punched, no.

Should have been 2-0 from what I saw. Might have been 3 or 4 if the US could finish.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
USA vs Ghana Saturday at 2:30! Fortunately I have a child's 1 year old birthday party to attend at 2:00. YAY ME!
Memories of 2006 here... should be a good one. From the way I've seen both teams play, it should be pretty evenly matched. Going for Ghana in this one.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
World cup being broadcast over the web in high def feels like the future. Thanks CBC (even if your commentator reaks)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
there over a hour left in the game. the announcers are making it more dire than it really is
I'm watching on Univision, I've got no idea what the announcers are saying.

There's a ton of time left, but they need a win, they're down 1, and they're not playing that well. I didn't say they're fvcked, they're just going to need to do some work to save this one.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't think that was in.
All of the ball must cross all of the line. Close, very close, but not a goal.

<edit> It has to be at least somewhat distracting to have a huge rack of flash cameras going off every time you dive for a safe.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
i wouldnt dare do that to a barrel of rum!

were you at a bar watching the game from 9:30-11am on a wednesday too?
No I was at home, drinking heavily with the wife.

(Are you completely unaware of the whole "drinking and sports" relationship? I showed up at a bar at 6:45am to watch the 2000 WC final and there was a 2 drink minimum. People all over the world are taking time off from work to watch, drink, and celebrate their team's play. It's only in the US where a) people don't understand the gravity of the WC, and b) that we're prudish enough to question drinking at sporting events)