Quantcast

World Champs 2020 - Leogang!!

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Gwin is the team owner, team owner is/should be fairly intimately involved in rider roster decisions. Moir was pretty open about it, he didn't know he was "on the market" until pretty much every team's roster was set in stone. Seems onvious what happened there. Same shit that happened to Gwin when he got cut from YT, so doubly shitty to allow it to happen to a rider on his team.
just fits into the bigger picture:

9CDB1CBD-69AA-4112-A3BA-BE73F1AAC56F.jpeg

wouldn‘t surprise me much if he also has a breitbart account

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Gwin is the team owner, team owner is/should be fairly intimately involved in rider roster decisions. Moir was pretty open about it, he didn't know he was "on the market" until pretty much every team's roster was set in stone. Seems onvious what happened there. Same shit that happened to Gwin when he got cut from YT, so doubly shitty to allow it to happen to a rider on his team.
But was there a letter of intent?!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Actually none of that shit posted above happened. Jack raced for Intense for 5 years. Had a super shitty 2019 World Cup DH season and lost all his confidence. Decided to sign with another company, signed a letter of intent, and then that company shut their whole program down and he was left out in the cold late in the signing season.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Actually none of that shit posted above happened. Jack raced for Intense for 5 years. Had a super shitty 2019 World Cup DH season and lost all his confidence. Decided to sign with another company, signed a letter of intent, and then that company shut their whole program down and he was left out in the cold late in the signing season.

C'mon man. This is the internet, your facts have no place here

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD

Seriously... I was just now reading this thread and was like WTF @maxyedor, are you just pulling shit out of your ass? Moir gave an interview where he said that Gwin was nothing but supportive and even offered him a spot if he wanted it but he wanted new scenery. I find Gwin's politics suspect as well, but jesus fuck dude, get your facts straight. Straight from both Moir and Neko's mouths... Gwin is a stand-up dude in person and does right by his teammates and those around him.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

the part about not being able to find a spot until after most teams had locked down their rosters was accurate.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Any good clips of the riding this year from Legoland? Skimmed the thread and just saw some interviews, but I was tied up and not able to watch any of the live stuff.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Looks like Commencal is the brand to ride:
1., 2., 3. at Elite Women
3. Elite Men
2. Junior men
1. Junior Women

Scott and YT have 2 medals each, Trek 1 (but arguably the most important).

pinkgoat

Chimp
Dec 11, 2007
Australia
the part about not being able to find a spot until after most teams had locked down their rosters was accurate.
Frpm the pinkbike article:

"I was really struggling with my setup, I was uncomfortable and didn’t have any confidence in the new setup. Halfway through the season, I realised that nothing was going to change and I was getting over trying to race like that.

I had a few teams reach out to me so I started discussing options to see if there was anything that would suit me better. It was definitely going to be a hard decision, but in the end Intense didn’t have a place for me on the team for this year, so I guess it was meant to be."

Sounds like a culmination of things, seems to me that Intense moved back to a US-based team, then being led on by Cannondale(?) and then no room left at Intense anyway (see last line, though that might be a diplomatic response) and too late for any other real DH team options.

Suspension aside, I can't imagine the Intense 2019-spec changes (RS to Fox, SRAM to TRP/E13 brakes and drivetrain, Maxxis to Kenda tyres), would have helped with the confidence aspect..

With the year that's been it's good to see him back up there at both EWS and world champs. Canyon is absolutely stacked with talent, but luckily they seem to be big enough to support everything. I don't think any other company, bar maybe specialized or trek support multiple world tour mens & womens road, cx, xc, dh and freeride teams

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Seriously... I was just now reading this thread and was like WTF @maxyedor, are you just pulling shit out of your ass?
Can confirm, I am in fact a dumbass. Forgot it was a different team (Cannondale?) that dropped him, the coincidence of the arrival of the Gwin and Moir's results falling apart while being on a same-but-different team (IFR, but Sram/RS vs Gwin and Neko on Fox/TRP) combined with a general distaste for Gwin and his shenanigans. Oops.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Frpm the pinkbike article:

"I was really struggling with my setup, I was uncomfortable and didn’t have any confidence in the new setup. Halfway through the season, I realised that nothing was going to change and I was getting over trying to race like that.

I had a few teams reach out to me so I started discussing options to see if there was anything that would suit me better. It was definitely going to be a hard decision, but in the end Intense didn’t have a place for me on the team for this year, so I guess it was meant to be."

Sounds like a culmination of things, seems to me that Intense moved back to a US-based team, then being led on by Cannondale(?) and then no room left at Intense anyway (see last line, though that might be a diplomatic response) and too late for any other real DH team options.

Suspension aside, I can't imagine the Intense 2019-spec changes (RS to Fox, SRAM to TRP/E13 brakes and drivetrain, Maxxis to Kenda tyres), would have helped with the confidence aspect..

With the year that's been it's good to see him back up there at both EWS and world champs. Canyon is absolutely stacked with talent, but luckily they seem to be big enough to support everything. I don't think any other company, bar maybe specialized or trek support multiple world tour mens & womens road, cx, xc, dh and freeride teams
Canyon recently changed their CEO and gave the information that they had a turnover of 400mio. € in their last business year.
So yes, they are doing good.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I think it’s safe to say that the vibe of the team changed drastically as well. When it was him, Dean Lucas and the few other guys at the time, it seemed like they were having fun and doing really well. Moir seemed to be out of his element with the business like approach that Gwin brought to the team. I think traveling the world with your mates versus traveling with your coworkers makes a huge difference as well.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Looks like Commencal is the brand to ride:
1., 2., 3. at Elite Women
3. Elite Men
2. Junior men
1. Junior Women

Scott and YT have 2 medals each, Trek 1 (but arguably the most important).
Not to sound like a keyboard warrior, but I'm a little disappointed that there is no mention of World Cup gold on Trek's front page. I went and had a look on Sunday, and again today, and still nothing. It's a shame for Reece.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Not to sound like a keyboard warrior, but I'm a little disappointed that there is no mention of World Cup gold on Trek's front page. I went and had a look on Sunday, and again today, and still nothing. It's a shame for Reece.
He is just not as photogenic as Jolanda would have been if she had won the XC rainbow stripes. ;)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
trek has a separate page for their race teams.

try racing.trekbikes.com he's the banner splash

has an article too

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
trek has a separate page for their race teams.

try racing.trekbikes.com he's the banner splash

has an article too

It also got action from their various social media outlets