Quantcast

what's coming from rock shox...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
plastic damping cartridges for everybody!

Maybe I'm just bitter since that time my quadra 5 shot its elastomer at me riding over a curb back in 96.

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
You guys are all wrong... this is new 17,5mm axle, arch free fork for 27,5" and 29". Unfortunately 26" doesnt fit.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007

I hope I didn't just [B]show too much[/B]...[/quote]

You could have had the common courtesy to cover up with a number plate or something!
[IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/CandJS2/Bikes/blttorbs.jpg
This is a public forum, man!

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
They gonna tease us for another 10 days, and then, they will show some crazy April's fool fork :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
a guy on another site claims to have seen it at the taipei bike show. new XC race fork that's a step above the SID. edit: he also claimed it has it's own new axle size and hub spacing.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
a guy on another site claims to have seen it at the taipei bike show. new XC race fork that's a step above the SID. edit: he also claimed it has it's own new axle size and hub spacing.
he said a fatbike fork is coming, but this ain't it. and that the fat fork likely won't be USD.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I was hoping this was a fork aimed at the thrilling new 'gravel' category.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
makes a certain degree of sense when you consider the sid is probably RS's longest running platform.
It's actually pretty cool for the xc guys if you think about it, i guess not everything can excite us...I usually dont whine much about new standards, but i really wonder why they would introduce another here (if that info is correct)...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's actually pretty cool for the xc guys if you think about it, i guess not everything can excite us...I usually dont whine much about new standards, but i really wonder why they would introduce another here (if that info is correct)...
even though i won't get to use it, it's really cool to see the tech that's into it. integrated carbon crown and uppers might finally make a single crown USD fork not suck

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Aside from it being built in a shed by atomlab, why is it such a bad idea? I thought it had like 50mm of elastomeric travel that was really just designed to look cool and take the piss out of bad landings.
Because it didn't really work and it was weak. Not to mention atomlab customer support. It still surprises me that company exists. Who buys their products?

As for the Ryan Seacrest-1 I don't see a point of talking about it anymore. We are all to slow and not pro enough for it. Even in e-riding skills we are just not worthy.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Because it didn't really work and it was weak. Not to mention atomlab customer support. It still surprises me that company exists. Who buys their products?
You know I still ask myself the same question all the time, who does buy their stuff? I mean back in the early/mid 2000's they had some sweet pedals...??? I think i bought those.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
even though i won't get to use it, it's really cool to see the tech that's into it. integrated carbon crown and uppers might finally make a single crown USD fork not suck
Plus plenty of people riding the lefty with is a different hub too. If you are into high end XC changing the front hub is not that big of deal. I actually think its great to see some innovation in the XC category. With the new Pike it seems like RS is doing good stuff.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
You know I still ask myself the same question all the time, who does buy their stuff? I mean back in the early/mid 2000's they had some sweet pedals...??? I think i bought those.
I was stupid enough to buy their clipless pedals around 2005 or 2006. That was the worst purchase I have made in my life and I own an 80s road bike so that says a lot.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I still have a pair of their 'MURICAN made pedals, I love em. I received great CS from the old guy Mike or matt or whatever. Now they're also owned by a taiwanese company, so they make crap and are supported like crap.