Quantcast

what's coming from rock shox...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am ashamed of this place. Back in the good ol' days this board would have been full of rampant speculation about news like this. People would be calling each other names, getting banned...You know, the fun stuff.

In case you didn't notice, Rock Shox's facebook page has the logo upside down with a banner stating 'Everything Changes'...Let's get this fire going.

Inverted Boxxer, 26/27.5, charger?

Fatbike fork?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah i just checked the site again, looks like some cross fork or something boring...might just be the images they are using...its obvious they are trying to stir up some buzz actively ha since the images are changing.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
http://www.carverbikes.com/comp/trans-fat-fork

$900 a pop with God knows what for a damper and spring. People LOVE this crap. Fill it with elastomers but make it compatible with 5" wide tires and they'll still fly off the shelves.

Carbon rigid forks have gotten super popular too, but it's already a crowded marketplace. I can't really see RS wanting to compete with Enve, whisky, Niner, chiner, or On-one, or even specialized should they start selling the Chisel. I'm guessing that's a ruse.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Carbon rigid forks have gotten super popular too, but it's already a crowded marketplace. I can't really see RS wanting to compete with Enve, whisky, Niner, chiner, or On-one, or even specialized should they start selling the Chisel. I'm guessing that's a ruse.

while true, RS/SRAM also has a MUCH larger OEM market than these companies.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
From a technology standpoint these bikes are only going to improve. The surface is just being scratched. Salsa introduced a sub-25-pound complete carbon fatbike at Frost Bike a few weeks ago, and says it is ready to launch a full-suspension fatbike as soon as a solid suspension fork becomes available. Rumors of RockShox working on something have also surfaced here and there. From what I heard, a fatbike company approached RockShox about doing a run of about 6,000 suspension forks, which, interestingly, is roughly the same thing that happened when 29ers were new to the market….

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They're building upside down suspension that plays lionel Ritchie's 'dancing on the ceiling' when it compresses.

That's all I can say for now.

People who put up posts ending with "that's all I can say for now" are more annoying than stupid as **** industry hype campaigns.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
They're building upside down suspension that plays lionel Ritchie's 'dancing on the ceiling' when it compresses.

People who put up posts ending with "that's all I can say for now" are more annoying than stupid as **** industry hype campaigns.

Must spread rep.