Quantcast

what's coming from rock shox...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My fatbike rides like a f-ing rigid bike in the summer time, you know, like a rock, etc. You can't lower the pressure way down because then the tires squirm and it starts steering crazy and you feel like you are towing a wet mattress due to the rolling resistance. People look at the tires and think 4" tires=4" of suspension. Far from the truth.

But in winter, on snow trails, it's totally different. Absorbs bumps like crazy with the tire pressure and snow compacting. Doesn't feel like a rigid bike anymore.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
But a suspension fork would be nice....supposedly it's (a real one) coming. I for one would like to congratulate everyone for 3 pages of nothing.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That's one of the worst ideas in the DJ field. A guy I know almost lost his teeth because the damn thing broke like it was made of crackers dough when landing a 360... Now I wouldn't try to land a 360 with this new RS fork, but I thought I had to bring this up regarding that other fork.
Aside from it being built in a shed by atomlab, why is it such a bad idea? I thought it had like 50mm of elastomeric travel that was really just designed to look cool and take the piss out of bad landings.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
by the way, am I allowed to page people to the courtesy phone around here?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Aside from it being built in a shed by atomlab, why is it such a bad idea? I thought it had like 50mm of elastomeric travel that was really just designed to look cool and take the piss out of bad landings.
supposedly there was a second gen that wasn't made from garbage, but by then the damage was done, and it was more of a niche thing anyways. no market demand.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
looking at the crown on the RS fork, i'd be honestly surprised if it were anything other than a fatbike fork. the angle in the photo is likely deliberate so we can't see how wide it actually is.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
looking at the crown on the RS fork, i'd be honestly surprised if it were anything other than a fatbike fork. the angle in the photo is likely deliberate so we can't see how wide it actually is.

this should say "Approved by MTBR" on the side of it. Watch it get the charger damper, and boxxer owners are left to cry. I'm sure it's compatible with 29+

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

this should say "Approved by MTBR" on the side of it. Watch it get the charger damper, and boxxer owners are left to cry. I'm sure it's compatible with 29+
give the profile of a 5" tire, a 29'er would likely fit. but then you'd be running a fork with a crazy like a 135mm spaced hub.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That's one of the worst ideas in the DJ field. A guy I know almost lost his teeth because the damn thing broke like it was made of crackers dough when landing a 360... Now I wouldn't try to land a 360 with this new RS fork, but I thought I had to bring this up regarding that other fork.
I think the idea is fine. That sounds like a bad weld or material defect.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
28.25"+ fat dual-tubed enduro/french-duroXC? perfect for my extremely narrow niche of mountain biking that nobody else is invited to, unless they have matching TLD gear.