Quantcast

What no official Mont Sainte Anne WC thread yet?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
This is the most disappointing thing to come from TLD. The crazy colors and "pajamas" are not that bad (and are a passing trend). But this....this is blasphemy after the sleek lines of the D2.:(
Looks a lot like a sleeker, lighter, more updated version of their moto helmets which are hugely popular worldwide.

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
Looks a lot like a sleeker, lighter, more updated version of their moto helmets which are hugely popular worldwide.
I agree their Moto helmet looks good.

Their moto helmet would look better than this if it was just downsized. This thing is all bulgy like a highschool kid on 'roids...not very clean or sleek...but that's just me

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
Who cares if it looks fatter, the D2 looks sweet because it's so slim but I'd take something that stops my head getting smashed open by rocks over a D2 any day.

The PJ's are a different story though. W.T.F.:eek:

blackspire

Monkey
Jul 19, 2007
This is the most disappointing thing to come from TLD. The crazy colors and "pajamas" are not that bad (and are a passing trend). But this....this is blasphemy after the sleek lines of the D2.:(
I think it looks awesome and their kits too.

All this whining on TLDs apparel is getting a bit tiresome. Have you people who constantly complain about TLD "pajamas" or whatever you like to call them ever liked anything from TLD except the D2? I think TLD is doing a great job, they have some very fresh designs on their kits. And they aren't that extreme either if you compare them to other brands like Thor, One Industries, Fox, Answer etc. I understand that people have diffrent taste, some like the more freeride-oriented clothing of Sombrio and so on, and some the more race/MX-style like TLD. But why spew out in every thread their negative opinion on TLDs kits?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I think it looks awesome and their kits too.

All this whining on TLDs apparel is getting a bit tiresome. Have you people who constantly complain about TLD "pajamas" or whatever you like to call them ever liked anything from TLD except the D2? I think TLD is doing a great job, they have some very fresh designs on their kits. And they aren't that extreme either if you compare them to other brands like Thor, One Industries, Fox, Answer etc. I understand that people have diffrent taste, some like the more freeride-oriented clothing of Sombrio and so on, and some the more race/MX-style like TLD. But why spew out in every thread their negative opinion on TLDs kits?
its a public forum, get used to it.

maybe you like to wear pink clothes in your "kit," but i think its pretty stupid.
i also would like to see a new version of the D2, but me thinks the D3 is awkward looking.
i was going to wait to buy one, but im sticking with another D2

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Anyone catch the course walk vid on Freecaster? the highspeed wash out at 7:11 looks nasty.... it hurst to breathe just looking at it... ugh!

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
Anyone catch the course walk vid on Freecaster? the highspeed wash out at 7:11 looks nasty.... it hurst to breathe just looking at it... ugh!
yeah that girl must have really felt it...she didn't look to be in great shape when she sat up. I'm not sure of her name, saw her riding in france. hope she's ok

Last edited:

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
What's happening with freecaster? it takes over an hour for any of their vids on the site to load. It's been like this for a couple of months. I know it works Ok for you guys in the states, but I have had this in the UK and now I am in Slovenia, so that is both sides of europe and it works in neither. Surely freecaster know about this as they are based in Belgium?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
So Rach Atherton is back?
I 'think' and this is with no info from her...but I think she is there to 'try' and ride, test the waters with her new ligaments?
I know Sven reads in here daily and is buddy-cupping with Commencal so maybe he can comment...or Fraser? he has a huge crush on her, maybe he can tell us if she is racing?

;)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
didnt she just have surgery?

What's happening with freecaster? it takes over an hour for any of their vids on the site to load. It's been like this for a couple of months. I know it works Ok for you guys in the states, but I have had this in the UK and now I am in Slovenia, so that is both sides of europe and it works in neither. Surely freecaster know about this as they are based in Belgium?
it sucks for me here in the states too...it plays 10 seconds at a time

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Looks like Sabrina is the top qualifier with a 5:28.34

Sam Hill is on top of the qualifying so far with a 4:34 (2nd +7s Peaty, 3rd +9s Gee) Minnaar must've crashed at least once or had a problem (6:59.22 +2:25.20)

Many guys to still go down the hill...

Last edited:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
One of the Dirt pit vids showed her in Canada talking about riding, but I haven't seen any vid of her and she wasn't listed on the timed practice sheets (of course it only listed 13 men, so clearly that doesn't mean much).