Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I don't know, don't remember ituo.
I got the 2200 duo. Their huge Hella light bar style lights are way overkill imo.
I'm not super happy with all the Chinese lights I currently have in play, would love to have a look at these when they arrive. I haven't been doing quite enough night riding the past couple of winters to justify new lights, but we'll see how this year goes.

I got a set of duos a few years back. They have been 100% reliable in my drawer.
O RLY... you let a monkey know if you wanna find a new home for those. When I check @Nick's and see if they're nice I could be interested / justified in purchasing a not-quite-new set... wink wink nudge nudge...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
O RLY... you let a monkey know if you wanna find a new home for those. When I check @Nick's and see if they're nice I could be interested / justified in purchasing a not-quite-new set... wink wink nudge nudge...
I was just being an ass. I am using them once or twice a year. Try to run them down and charge them up twice a year to maintain battery. With my flexible schedule, I rarely need to ride at night, but they are nice to have.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm not super happy with all the Chinese lights I currently have in play, would love to have a look at these when they arrive. I haven't been doing quite enough night riding the past couple of winters to justify new lights, but we'll see how this year goes.
if they are in fact an evolution of the Ituo lights they will be very nice. the only complaints with the Ituo was the remote switch (original version worked well, but wasn't super intuitive) and the helmet mount (early versions were plastic and prone to breaking, they addressed this by switching to metal) seem to have been resolved.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
if they are in fact an evolution of the Ituo lights they will be very nice. the only complaints with the Ituo was the remote switch (original version worked well, but wasn't super intuitive) and the helmet mount (early versions were plastic and prone to breaking, they addressed this by switching to metal) seem to have been resolved.
@Full Trucker I'd love to start a Wed night ride at NTM, while hopefully not attracting The Man®

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
one thing i don't seem to be able to find is the replaceable lenses..... the ituo had ones that would alter focus from flood to spot.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it is vexing my brother will not let me keep a vacation/beater car at his house in colorado....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@Full Trucker I'd love to start a Wed night ride at NTM, while hopefully not attracting The Man®
Eschew The Man®

Keep me in the loop on this, would be stoked to get out. You are always invited to the Thursday night rides, though I'm not sure how those will be organized this year. We moved from MTBR to Facebook, and I suspect the rest of the crew will still post rides there. But, since I'm not logging in to Facebook these days I'm hoping someone from the group let's me know if we're riding. We'll see!

one thing i don't seem to be able to find is the replaceable lenses..... the ituo had ones that would alter focus from flood to spot.
Light beam pattern is my #1 complaint about the Chinese (Bright Eyes, Magic Shine, one of those knock-off cheap-o brands) that I have. I have different lenses for spot vs. flood, but generally the beam pattern isn't great. Also light color / temperature of these things really washes out the trail IME. Not sure if it's the color of our dirt, or that the beam pattern is SO hot / spotlight like even with a flood lens. Or a combo.

it is vexing my brother will not let me keep a vacation/beater car at his house in colorado....
Perhaps one day when I have some land, I will let the Monkey collective keep a vacation vehicle on the property. Perhaps.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Need to order floor joist and trusses ASAP. Production date already in February. Construction around here is going wild. Same goes for windows. Need to order now to get them in May.

Who knew building a house would be so stressful...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Light beam pattern is my #1 complaint about the Chinese (Bright Eyes, Magic Shine, one of those knock-off cheap-o brands) that I have. I have different lenses for spot vs. flood, but generally the beam pattern isn't great. Also light color / temperature of these things really washes out the trail IME. Not sure if it's the color of our dirt, or that the beam pattern is SO hot / spotlight like even with a flood lens. Or a combo.
the gemini ones seem to have the same programable levels as the ituo, there's a high medium and low setting, but they can be adjusted in 10% power increments.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I just got one of these:

Tested it out by shining it around the master bedroom and the light beam's girth is impressive

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
In the office or out in the woods? Context is key.
Verdict is still out on that one.

suburban malls. milf hunting.
Leonardo Dicaprio is renting the house a few doors down from where my wife works while he shoots a movie in Boston. All the thirsty moms in the area are now on the prowl, apparently in case he's tired of his usual cadre of models.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The friends who's GSPs we were looking after are on their way back from New England, driving a car they acquired from her parents I believe. They just went on a B-double-E-double-R-U-N and are bringing back some East Coast (Hardcore!) goodness for those of us that have helped watched their doggos.

B-EE-RR-UN.jpg

Clown Shoes, Fiddlehead, The Alchemist, and who even knows what other delicious treats lie in this trunk of goodness.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

I think it was @FarkinRyan who said he was running the new Outbound Hangover. I went and had a look at those. They seem really interesting, and for a great price. I'd recommend having a looking at those.

Try the Gloworm lenses. I think ActionLed will have them. Jim has been really good to deal with in the past.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The friends who's GSPs we were looking after are on their way back from New England, driving a car they acquired from her parents I believe. They just went on a B-double-E-double-R-U-N and are bringing back some East Coast (Hardcore!) goodness for those of us that have helped watched their doggos.

View attachment 152544

Clown Shoes, Fiddlehead, The Alchemist, and who even knows what other delicious treats lie in this trunk of goodness.
Focal Banger > Heady Topper

Change my mind

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

View attachment 152544

Clown shoes is good, but a little overrated/overpriced. Fiddleheads is top notch

Last edited:

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
I think it was @FarkinRyan who said he was running the new Outbound Hangover. I went and had a look at those. They seem really interesting, and for a great price. I'd recommend having a looking at those.

Try the Gloworm lenses. I think ActionLed will have them. Jim has been really good to deal with in the past.
Not I, only the cheapest most house-burning-down chinese LEDs and batteries for this monkey.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

View attachment 152544

Fiddlehead :drool: I drank too much of that in VT last summer.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So ethanol and isopropanol don't separate out from water; the alcohols and acetone could conceivably evaporate out, were the system open, which it shouldn't be...
Maybe it wasn't rain-x, thinking back I might have gotten this from a random gas station when I ran out. Its been in there since the middle of summer, probably. For the system being sealed, its not really. There is a cap at the top of the jug, but its not exactly what I'd call sealed shut, there is no seal or o-ring on it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Maybe it wasn't rain-x, thinking back I might have gotten this from a random gas station when I ran out. Its been in there since the middle of summer, probably. For the system being sealed, its not really. There is a cap at the top of the jug, but its not exactly what I'd call sealed shut, there is no seal or o-ring on it.

Did you get it from one of these windshield washer dispensing machines?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Eschew The Man®

Keep me in the loop on this, would be stoked to get out. You are always invited to the Thursday night rides, though I'm not sure how those will be organized this year. We moved from MTBR to Facebook, and I suspect the rest of the crew will still post rides there. But, since I'm not logging in to Facebook these days I'm hoping someone from the group let's me know if we're riding. We'll see!

Perhaps one day when I have some land, I will let the Monkey collective keep a vacation vehicle on the property. Perhaps.
I have a magic shine Eagle M2 which has 5 power setting and both a flood and a spot beam. I run that on the bars. On the helmet I have the newer version of the Bright Eyes spot (beats the crap out of the original) which also has 5 power settings. Only issue with the Bright eys is that I have to wear a pack to carry the battery but the run time of both far exceeds the amount of time I spend riding at night. With the combo rocky singletrack is doable (within limits) and I can blast down fire roads at daylight speeds.
IMG_20200129_181500047~2.jpg

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have a magic shine Eagle M2 which has 5 power setting and both a flood and a spot beam. I run that on the bars. On the helmet I have the newer version of the Bright Eyes spot (beats the crap out of the original) which also has 5 power settings. Only issue with the Bright eys is that I have to wear a pack to carry the battery but the run time of both far exceeds the amount of time I spend riding at night. With the combo rocky singletrack is doable (within limits) and I can blast down fire roads at daylight speeds.View attachment 152547
Holy shit that seems excessive?! I suppose for road riding that would be better for visibility, but seems absurd for trails imo.

Last edited: