Quantcast

\\\W Factor GMT$$$$$

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nick's isht is good quality.

Work.

Last night Wifey wasn't happy, but not mad that I bought her a new coffee maker after breaking the cheap Keurig maker she had. Apparently she told her mom to get her a new one for Christmas. I am a believer that she should ask for a real gift, not an appliance.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nick's isht is good quality.

Work.

Last night Wifey wasn't happy, but not mad that I bought her a new coffee maker after breaking the cheap Keurig maker she had. Apparently she told her mom to get her a new one for Christmas. I am a believer that she should ask for a real gift, not an appliance.
practical presents are a sign of adulthood.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Waiting to pick up my Epic pass rn. 8" at heavenly and 16" at kirkwood. Would totally have hit up kirkwood but I have business to take care of in town today.
Had some good conversations last night at the hostel. Forgot how much I miss being around other travelers.

Gonna get cold AF this weekend.
Cheers y'all.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning Monkeys.

There will be like 6 people in the office today, should be nice and quiet. Looking forward to the weekend in Sisters, the weather looks like it will be perfect. FTS indeed.
Drive safely, the pass should be a shitshow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
practical presents are a sign of adulthood.
This year I asked my mom to buy me this for Christmas:

It's one of those gyroscopic things. I will be assembling a lot of furniture and usually just end up returning or exchanging the clothes she picks so it made sense to me.

As hard as she works, given she never gets herself anything, she should have a good, for her, gift.
She's still going to be mad at you for your ///M-folly.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
In other news I pedaled in today. 34 degrees + 57% humidity == quite cold feeling even with my shell + Merino jersey on. Besides not working the long weekend there's also snow and frigid temperatures on the docket, starting tonight, so I figured I should get some pedaling in while I can.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
This year I asked my mom to buy me this for Christmas:

It's one of those gyroscopic things. I will be assembling a lot of furniture and usually just end up returning or exchanging the clothes she picks so it made sense to me.

She's still going to be mad at you for your ///M-folly.
that's a good idea. I was thinking of asking for this:

but the drill could be a good idea too, as I will be assembling lots of furniture and crap too this year. hmmm

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
In other news I pedaled in today. 34 degrees + 57% humidity == quite cold feeling even with my shell + Merino jersey on. Besides not working the long weekend there's also snow and frigid temperatures on the docket, starting tonight, so I figured I should get some pedaling in while I can.
Dressing in winter is strange. You sweat but can still be cold. On my 27 miles in the park yesterday I was wearing 4 layers but was not hot. I still have one more thicker fleece I can wear.

Riding to work my Das Parka has been great. This one looks good too little lighter but nice ventilation in the side and can go under shell when cold. I like parkas where you can use the hood over the helmet.

http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=Mens&category=Insulated_Jackets&model=Atom-LT-Hoody

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well isht. It's a worst case scenario. The VANOS unit has failed. $1400 for a new one, $250 to have it rebuilt, but I can't store it at the shop while I have it rebuilt (2 weeks). Isht.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fucking ass horse shit. no official word on early release, and our boss won't let us just leave. at this point it's too late to ride, just gonna go home and get wasted and hit the bong shed

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The wife picked me up to go grocery shopping at lunch. She hates grocery shopping, but has fun when we do it together. She has they day off, but is bored. WTF?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well... It looks like I can sell the core to the guy that rebuilds them for $300, so that reduces the price some...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Well... It looks like I can sell the core to the guy that rebuilds them for $300, so that reduces the price some...
Is there one Vanos per cylinder bank or a single for whole engine? If two are they the same part? If so I'd rebuild your core for when the other is fubar'd.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is there one Vanos per cylinder bank or a single for whole engine? If two are they the same part? If so I'd rebuild your core for when the other is fubar'd.
One per bank and they are bank specific. The shop said that if I can get the part back to him on Monday, no rental cost for the car. I'm going for the rebuild.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One per bank and they are bank specific. The shop said that if I can get the part back to him on Monday, no rental cost for the car. I'm going for the rebuild.
Don't you wish you had ValvTronic too. Simplify the need for a throttle body (that is still there) with a complex mechanical valve actuation system.