Quantcast

Verizon Iphone 4... should I?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I say no.
Facebook can wait until you get home. You can probably live without Youtube at your instant disposal as well.

Or... throw away a few hundo so you can waste even more of your life on the internet.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I really like having my iPhone. Both of my parents have Droid X's and personally, I don't really like it. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Verizon iPhone. I would consider switching if I didn't get a significant discount for ATT.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm curious. Why do you think it won't be 4g?
It may be HSDPA+ which is not 4G, even though AT&T is calling it 4G.

4G - LTE and WiMax (arguably neither of those, but let's not nit-pick) - is a battery hog right now, and the only functioning LTE network with any kind of coverage - Verizon's - does not have coverage enough to make it worthwhile for Apple.

Apple is not an early adopter. When they rolled out the original iPhone, 3G was actually in fairly wide usage. However, they couldn't get the battery life out of 3G that they wanted and coverage wasn't everywhere, so it didn't get rolled into the original iPhone.

Virtually guaranteed that it won't be 4G.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
he doesn't have a track bike as he has no need for it. but yes to everything else. i'm pretty sure shrek used to race BMX too. and I'd put money on him being a far better rider than you.
I was pointing out that there is always more bikes for more nitches. Probably is, It's hard to find time to ride with work and school during the school year

keeferinoxiv

Chimp
Sep 7, 2008
I detest all Apple products. If you're not a very technical person and would be happy with anything more functional than a blackberry then you would probably love the iPhone. However, if you want to be able to have any control over your device or want a phone that works the way you want it to, I would go with an Android. I have been using an iPhone for almost a year now and I regret it every single day.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I detest all Apple products. If you're not a very technical person and would be happy with anything more functional than a blackberry then you would probably love the iPhone. However, if you want to be able to have any control over your device or want a phone that works the way you want it to, I would go with an Android. I have been using an iPhone for almost a year now and I regret it every single day.
that's how I feel. I think it would be great for my girl since she's not a "power user". She'll want something that's easy to use and gets things done, even if it doesn't have upgradeable OS or HDMI outs or cutting edge Apps or anything like that. Apple products are simple and user friendly.

I would apply the mountain bike new product code to this as well. Sit back, let others test it...and wait for the one with no glitches.
Good luck with that. The only glitch with the iphone4 was the antenna, and apple basically told everyone else to "shove it" until they released a new phone, which has a fixed antenna. They even tried to point the blame at other people rather than admitting fault and fixing it.

On the flip side, I feel as though apple products are the gold standard of product releases. They are generally bug free and have a long-lasting time frame till obsolescence. My LG Dare is not nearly as good as an Iphone 3GS or whatever, and they were released at similar times....yaaay.

I think the best thing about android is the open source, which means that more phones will use it, which means a more appealing market for app/accessory developers than just the apple market....although the windows mobile phone I played with sure was pretty.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Are you referring to the bug free inception week of the iPhone's second release, when it crashed Apple Store's worldwide trying to activate all of them simultaneously? Hardly a design flaw of the phone, but a retarded thought process from the designers.

I expect the same to happen on iVerizon Day 2011. :D

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Are you referring to the bug free inception week of the iPhone's second release, when it crashed Apple Store's worldwide trying to activate all of them simultaneously? Hardly a design flaw of the phone, but a retarded thought process from the designers.

I expect the same to happen on iVerizon Day 2011. :D
That wasn't really a bug...that was just not being able to handle the volume. In all honesty, it means they are doing something right, since they sold so many phones they couldn't keep up. It's no different that any other website having significantly more than anticipated traffic.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It took Verizon only two hours of having the iPhone 4 available for pre-order to break its all-time record for first day sales of a single device. That's in spite of the fact it only opened up pre-orders to its own subscribers and did so at the dead of night. To be clear, between 3AM and 5AM yesterday morning, more people ordered up the iPhone 4 than Verizon has been able to get through its doors on any full product launch day. Predictably, the carrier hasn't bothered to include the actual number of devices ordered up, but judging from the server issues it was having immediately after making the handset available and the subsequent shutdown of advance pre-orders, we'll go ahead and guess it was "a lot."

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/04/verizon-breaks-first-day-sales-record-with-iphone-4-pre-orders